Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

22 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

despite all the efforts, juts or unjust, by others to end his term/admin, don't overlook the likelihood that trump may still be his own undoing even if it seems now like he's never going to be held accountable for so many things that arguably would have brought any previous admin down

Right. Hes only going to get more brazen from here. None of us believe Donald Trump is the kind of man to say "Woo! Made it out of that one by the skins of my teeth. I need to chill the **** out." No, we know the man by now. His every instinct it going to be to take advantage of the situation in every way imaginable and a few that arnt. Only when they push back on him will he slow down, and as of yet he has been held accountable to literally nothing outside of the midterm elections. 

He always has been and is even more so now his own worst enemy and his biggest area of weakness on an absolutely loaded starting five of **** ups.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Right. Hes only going to get more brazen from here. None of us believe Donald Trump is the kind of man to say "Woo! Made it out of that one by the skins of my teeth. I need to chill the **** out." No, we know the man by now. His every instinct it going to be to take advantage of the situation in every way imaginable and a few that arnt. Only when they push back on him will he slow down, and as of yet he has been held accountable to literally nothing outside of the midterm elections. 

He always has been and is even more so now his own worst enemy and his biggest area of weakness on an absolutely loaded starting five of **** ups.  

Folks, 

1)  This isn't Trump.  This is the entire Republican Party.  

Trump didn't decide that the best way to respond to the Barr report is to start working on creating the false narrative that the FBI hates conservatives.  Skippy the Turtle did that.  With the unanimous support of his Party.  

Trump didn't write the tax cuts and spending increases into the budget.  The Republican Congress did them.  Trump probably can't name a single thing that's in either of them.  (Other than how much he got for the wall.  And he's ignoring that.  Again, with near-unanimous support from the Party.) 

Trump isn't going to put in an ounce of work on whatever the GOP is going to bill as "their new healthcare bill".  Trump's specification for what he wants will consist of "Give me a big place for me to Sharpie my name, and I'll take credit for it."  

2)  And the entire Republican Party has been doing exactly this, openly, for years, and has not been punished for it.  

They will continue further to the extremes, until it costs them.  (And they haven't got to that point yet.)  

And, when it does cost them?  They will unanimously point their fingers at Trump, yell "It was Trump!  All Trump!".  And then they will ratchet it down one notch, and only one notch, and keep going.  

• Like 6

One thing I'm curious about is why Barr specifically included the "does not exonerate him" line verbatim from Mueller's report when talking about Trump and obstruction. If he were trying to shield Trump fully I'd think he would have simply said that Mueller didn't determine that POTUS committed criminal obstruction and that he agreed and left it at that. Why leave that dangling? He had to know that it would be latched onto (as well it should).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

One thing I'm curious about is why Barr specifically included the "does not exonerate him" line verbatim from Mueller's report when talking about Trump and obstruction. If he were trying to shield Trump fully I'd think he would have simply said that Mueller didn't determine that POTUS committed criminal obstruction and that he agreed and left it at that. Why leave that dangling? He had to know that it would be latched onto (as well it should).

I think he is actually smart enough to do that to avoid the perception of loyalty to Trump. When people accuse him of it this is the exact line he can point to to say "see, why would I put that in there if I was just trying to protect him". Barr is the guy im afraid of. One smart enough and immoral enough to take advantage of the situation @Larry is exactly right to say the Republicans have put us into. 

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

They will continue further to the extremes, until it costs them.  (And they haven't got to that point yet.)  

And, when it does cost them?  They will unanimously point their fingers at Trump, yell "It was Trump!  All Trump!".  And then they will ratchet it down one notch, and only one notch, and keep going.  

Naw, you are right. I'm still caught up in the day dream of watching Trump in particular burn for his crimes. I will be satisfied if they cannibalize him. But that will come with its own problems. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

What is going to be investigated, exactly?

Barr’s handling of the investigation, his refusal to recuse, the same with Whitaker, among other things.  Barr has already been asked to come in to Congress.

By the way, where did you hear/read about this Janet Reno talking point you keep going back to?  Or was it something you figured out on your own?  

I honestly don’t care much about guidelines (and the way the admin has gone around or changed guidelines many times in other instances makes the admin using them as an excuse even more suspicious and less weighry) but I am curious because I don’t think I’ve seen any of the legal folks out there discussing the issue mention this.

Edited by visionary

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:
Corallo is claiming Hope Hicks lied under oath.

This thing was a sham if no one applied the pressure to her.

I would like to know what she lied about and see what documents prove it. Because if thats the case and she did it at the request of the president....in what world is that not obstruction? Not including Barrs world (which we live in , i guess) 

59 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

So the Mueller investigation was a sham?

Honestly if hes leaving us with "Yea the president obstructed justice but ima leave that decision to the guy who said the president cant obstruct justice in order to get the only job where he can cover this **** up" then, yes. It was a sham. 

So for 22 months we hear that Mueller is above reproach, has the chops to conduct a thorough investigation, and everyone says if he is allowed to complete his investigation, they will be satisfied with whatever he finds. Now, less than a week after he has finished and without actually knowing what the report actually says, people are stating the whole thing was a sham (implying Mueller was a stooge)? 

Good grief. Wag the dog much?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

So for 22 months we hear that Mueller is above reproach, has the chops to conduct a thorough investigation, and everyone says if he is allowed to complete his investigation, they will be satisfied with whatever he finds. Now, less than a week after he has finished and without actually knowing what the report actually says, people are stating the whole thing was a sham (implying Mueller was a stooge)? 

Eh, I’d pump the brakes on all that for a minute. You got one guy saying that in response to the possibility of evident charges being declinated. And another posting a **** load of qualifiers before possibly coming to that conclusion. 

I think its natural, given the circumstances to have a what the **** is going on kind of feeling right now. There are clear charges of at least perjury that have not been pursued and we all want to know why. 

Patience can be a struggle in these times, it’ll take people some time to get there. 

10 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

. Now, less than a week after he has finished and without actually knowing what the report actually says, people are stating the whole thing was a sham (implying Mueller was a stooge)? 

Wait who is saying that? I saw 1 person in this thread throw that out there because of the Hope Hicks thing, but are there pundits out there saying this, trying to mainstream this idea?  All I have really heard (granted I am not really watching much cable news these days) is that we shouldn't be coming to final conclusions based on the Barr summary versus the actual full report?

45 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Sounds like what Trump people were doing for months.  But of course no one is saying the whole thing was a sham or Mueller is a stooge.  That doesn't mean Mueller is perfect or incapable of making errors of judgement or misunderstanding or not taking into account how things would be manipulated or used for political purposes in this new Trumpist climate.  Or that he might be overly reliant on following outdated rules and trusting his superiors and others to do their job honestly.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1