Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Splitting hairs ?

Is that what you call pointing out the document in question was not funded by the republican.....which keeps being falsely asserted 

What part of the Steele dossier was done before Steele?

The GOP and conservative media learned a while back how to manipulate the news cycle.  If you move the goalposts enough and complicate the discussion as much possible and throw around enough allegations and do enough "just asking questions" and search for one statement you can take out of context, you can make ANYTHING look like a scandal at least for a while.  And you coordinate your message, every day.

The mainstream media may lean liberal, but unlike the conservative media, the mainstream media is entirely reactive and completely uncoordinated, and terrified of being accused of bias.  So they will buy in to every potential "scandal" and just ask questions and breathlessly report vague accusations until they get distracted to the next new thing.  

The trick to the game is to always be on the offensive, always move forward to a new "scandal," never stick around for each of your past scandals get sorted into the big nothing burgers that they almost always are.  The public never remembers the final outcomes.  They remember the accusations, the questions, the aura of misconduct, the Crooked Hillary namecalling.  Be sure to say that "Congress is investigating" rather than "one shamelessly partisan GOP committee chairman is making another repetitive investigation that will go nowhere." 

Not only does it keep the Democrats reeling, but it distracts the media and the public from the crap that the GOP and conservatives actually are doing every day.  

twa is our resident master of the game.  I admire his skill.    

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

49 minutes ago, Predicto said:

twa is our resident master of the game.  I admire his skill.    

There's not a lot of skill required. You just have to not care about ethics, facts, principles, core values, etc. For example, Trump shot his mouth of for 8 years about Obama being a Kenyan and then he goes, "Nope, that was Hillary. I was the one that squashed it." and that was it... That doesn't take a whole lot of skill.

What do you plan to do about Isis?

I know more than the generals. It'll be quick and it'll be easy. I'm not going to tell you anything more than that. Oh, did I mention that Hillary founded Isis?

Why are you saying such racist things?

I'm the least racist person. Hillary Clinton is a bigot.

What about this tape of you bragging about grabbing women's genitalia and here in this book where you talk about how many married women you've bedded?

Nobody respects women more than me. Hold on while I trot out these Clinton accusers.

I guess the targeting the most easily misled demographics of the population and tricking them into thinking you are their ally when really all you are doing is using them takes a little bit of skill.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Part of the problem, a big part of is, that a segment of the population is eager to be believe the lie. They aren’t passive dupes, but aggressively bending themselves and fighting to make the lies true. 

Thats is the thing which many don’t get. They hear these bald, transparent and obvious lies and think you’d have to be stupid to believe. It’s not they’re dumb it’s that they’re putting in the hard work and doing a lot of heavy lifting so that it’s possible for them to believe. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

There's not a lot of skill required. You just have to not care about ethics, facts, principles, core values, etc. For example, Trump shot his mouth of for 8 years about Obama being a Kenyan and then he goes, "Nope, that was Hillary. I was the one that squashed it." and that was it... That doesn't take a whole lot of skill.

What do you plan to do about Isis?

I know more than the generals. It'll be quick and it'll be easy. I'm not going to tell you anything more than that. Oh, did I mention that Hillary founded Isis?

Why are you saying such racist things?

I'm the least racist person. Hillary Clinton is a bigot.

What about this tape of you bragging about grabbing women's genitalia and here in this book where you talk about how many married women you've bedded?

Nobody respects women more than me. Hold on while I trot out these Clinton accusers.

I guess the targeting the most easily misled demographics of the population and tricking them into thinking you are their ally when really all you are doing is using them takes a little bit of skill.

I wasn't talking about Trump, or even about hardcore Trump followers.  I'm talking about the mainstream media, and I'm talking about you and me.  We get manipulated and distracted and too.   

I'm talking about how the GOP can be so obviously cartoonishly evil these days, and yet millions of Americans think "both sides are corrupt and both sides are to blame."  You see it all the time on this board.

Every single one of us falls for this game.   

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Predicto said:

I wasn't talking about Trump, or even about hardcore Trump followers.  I'm talking about the mainstream media, and I'm talking about you and me.  We get manipulated and distracted and too.   

I'm talking about how the GOP can be so obviously cartoonishly evil these days, and yet millions of Americans think "both sides are corrupt and both sides are to blame."  You see it all the time on this board.

Every single one of us falls for this game.   

i think many people parrot that line so they can avoid the explosion of idiocy that comes if you point out that yes, in fact, your side is doing X.

I also think it is used by the side that is doing the awful thing so they can feel as if they saved some face by leveling at least some sort of suspicion at their blameless champions, for the mirror of the same reason, it saves them from having to hear people explode facts all over them again.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bang said:

i think many people parrot that line so they can avoid the explosion of idiocy that comes if you point out that yes, in fact, your side is doing X.

I also think it is used by the side that is doing the awful thing so they can feel as if they saved some face by leveling at least some sort of suspicion at their blameless champions, for the mirror of the same reason, it saves them from having to hear people explode facts all over them again.

~Bang

They parrot the line as justification for contiued support of X who did the bad thing. As long as they can justify it under the umbrella of “this is all normal” then they can pretend to not like it or support it all while still supporting X who continues to repeat the bad thing. Add to that the propensity for the human mind to protect what it “knows” to be true when challenged by contradictory evidence and you’ve got a populace of insulated, non-critical thinkers who readily justify behavior they would otherwise find abhorent, all in order to maintain their current affiliation with their tribe.

How do you break into that? God only knows.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

See you slipped. You want to say dossier, not research. The research was originally funded by a mysterious Republican figure.

I'll ask again.

What part?

See you slipped, Steele did not compile work done before him to make the dossier.

I think part of the "both sides" thing is mental laziness. It takes effort to truly understand an issue, and most issues are more complex than they seem. It takes zero effort to just throw up your hands in disgust and say 'both sides.'

You don't actually have to know anything to assert that, and in my experience the people who consistently cry 'both sides' tend to, well, not know anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

twa being wrong aside, he's playing this whole distraction thing beautifully.  It's fun for a while, but after its on record here that he's wrong it tends to get boring a little quick.

So let's refocus:

Dossier isn't the most important thing.  Not even close.  It's "important" yes, but these recent stories are being designed by the right to make it look like the dossier is everything, and if it is discredited, then so should be the investigation.

Not the case.

When Mueller unseals those indictments, copy and paste that tweet wherever you see people talking about the "discredited" dossier.  Because not only is it not discredited, but more importantly, it's not where Mueller got his info from.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Despotism 101: always blame your enemy for that which you have done.

Trump is constantly the kid with chocolate on his fingers swearing his sister got in the cookie jar. Literally as SOON as he says something is a lie, i move squarely toward believing it entirely. It's like a perfect litmus test. Did Trump complain loudly about it and say it was a lie? Then it is true.

~Bang

• Like 4

I really hope the Dems dont let them get away with this. Even out of pettiness, we should have a full investigation and we should not stop just for some ****ty ass deal that they GOP wont follow up on anyway. Dude wont even put the sanctions they put into LAW in place. Why would he do anything to Russia at all if he gets away with this? 

Amazing to me that flag waving, red blooded Americans would sit back and enjoy watching this mess. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2