Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

15 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The only fair thing to do would be for Trump to pardon whoever this is and then appoint a special prosecutor (I suggest Hannity) to investigate Mueller and his whole Goddamned family.

Warning:  Potty word

It will be interesting to see who Trump pardons. 

Then the story can be, why did he pardon them? What did they know about him that he is afraid of coming out.

Because as much as his base supports him, all the rest of the hangers on will drop off. He's vulnerable to being primaried himself in the 2020 election season.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

The smart folks will wait and see what happens in the next few days. The sweaty freaking out idiots won't be able to wait before the react to what they don't know. 

Just quoting because since the announcement, the idiots for and against are foaming at mouth. 

I'm admiring the tenacity of the "No collusion" claim.  

A Russian lawyer, representing the Kremlin, met with the top three people in the Trump campaign, one week before the national event at which Trump accepted the nomination.  For the stated purpose of discussing how Moscow can help the Trump campaign.  

One ween later, at said convention, the Trump campaign did a favor for Russia.  

Two weeks after that, during the Dem convention, Russia did a favor for the Trump campaign.  

And the Trumpster divers continue to announce that there was no collusion.  And I'd bet that 1/3 of the country still believes that this is a fact.  In fact, they think it's been proven.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

And the Trumpster divers continue to announce that there was no collusion.  And I'd bet that 1/3 of the country still believes that this is a fact.  In fact, they think it's been proven.  

I have mentioned it before, and I will say it again.  People do not understand what we are fighting against.  

This has nothing to do with whether Trump did or didn't collude.  It has nothing to do with how many are indicted, jailed, or ultimately impeached.  

Trump supporters are engaged in an all out war against liberalism and what it represents.  To that end, they would rather have Russia run our elections than to have true equality for minorities, gays, women, etc.  It's a push back against science.  It's an all out assault on the legacy of a black president.  

People continue to think there will be an "Aha!" moment for Trump voters and they will understand that they made a mistake.  That moment is not coming.  It is never gonna come.  Because this has nothing to do with Trump or Russia in the first place.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

It's an all out war on anything not pro-Trump. They'll go after life long conservatives and call them frauds because he has redefined everything. Conservatism isn't a set of social and financial beliefs anymore. It means pro-Trump and only Pro-Trump. Is Bill O'Reilly still having books ghostwritten? Somebody should do one called "Killing Reagan" and put Trump on the cover. 

Hopefully whatever comes in the next few days is big and stops this Admin in its tracks. 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Like 1

Trump pardoning the guy would almost certainly be a trap.

NY AG is sitting in the dark with a button that says "fire the charges."  Can't pardon state charges.  The second Manafort or Flynn walks free from federal charges, Eric is going to re-arrest them pretty much instantly.

Also, this is quite possibly the best thing of the year:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Trump better hope it's Manafort only and financial crimes.  It'd give him a chance to distance himself from Manafort and circle the wagons.

If it's not Manny or Flynn, it's probably Kushner or Page, and neither of those is good news for Trump.  If its Kushner, it probably means the data operation is implicated.  If its Page, it's likely about the meetings.  Either way, roasted and toasted.  There are some other potential names too, but basically anyone but Manafort is really really bad news for Trump (and even if Manafort it's gotta be financial stuff), because outside of Manafort financials it's pretty much all Russia stuff, which means this is gonna spiderweb out fast.

25 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I have a hard time thinking anything big is coming. Probably somebody that I’ve never heard of. 

Well depends on the things they've been doing.

A guy tied to the data operation might not be a household name, but if the data operation is implicated then it goes all the way up.

Indeed, thinking about it, a decent low odds bet is a bunch of "relative" no-names from Cambridge Analytica or tied to them.

What DA Dent said in Dark Knight works here.  Head guys make bail, but mid-level guys can't.  Add on legal fees, and someone is bound to flip.  If they don't have head guys at Cambridge Analytica, that'll give them then.  And those guys will give them Kushner, and Kushner will give them Trump.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Yeah.  It'll probably be like when the killer is revealed at the end of Scream 2. :rofl89:

Lol don’t go there. 

Oh wait I mean What movie is that? As far as I know that series stopped after the first one...

i know of no such scream 2. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

I'm really not expecting much of anything, from this. 

Ggranted, I'm doing a lot of assuming. But I can only think of two reasons to even ask for an indictment, this early. 

1). You find an underling who did something wrong that's a long way from your target. So what you've got isnt going to distract from your primary mission. And you don't think he knows anything, so there's no reason not to just take his piece off the board. 

2). You've found somebody you want to lean on, and an indictment is simply a means to get somebody to roll over. 

In both cases, I assume the indict-ee is a very low level piece. (And the charge is minor).