Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

20 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

The more Trump distances himself from Manafort the less loyalty Manafort will have to Trump. I actually see Gates flipping quicker. From all accounts this guy is a weasel.

They all should flip.  I'll be damned if I would go through the exercise of a federal prosecution and possible conviction on the HOPE that Trump would pardon me later.  I'm not risking my freedom on his word.  Maybe he's a persuasive cat though.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The people in my office are so happy today lol. Its more like a Friday than a Monday. 

Im sure reality will kick in at some point but right now cats are literally riding on the euphoria right now lls 

seems premature

this isn't the goal and it's not clear where it's going from here.

i don't see this headline changing anyone's opinions on the issue, and it certainly doesn't do anything about our current situation...

another thing:

I don't know why anyone would show loyalty to Trump. If you've paid any attention you can see he uses everyone around him however he feels betters his situation in the moment.

the only thing he's got is the ability to pardon. i don't really know how that works in situations like this though...

is there any belief Pence would pardon Trump et al if they are convicted of crimes against the country? what about simple money laundering?

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

seems premature

i don't see this headline changing anyone's opinions on the issue, and it certainly doesn't do anything about our current situation...

Right, totally premature. But it is funny to see all the people here cheering for this. If they were paying attention they could have seen the Manafort thing coming months ago. 

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Trump associates pleading guilty or being indicted? Can we please get to the real story about uranium and DNC/Russia collusion!

Forget Manafort. This is the real news story of today.

A Trump campaign member explicitly knew about the Russian info operation, was meeting with Kremlin representatives in regards to it and lied about it to the FBI. He's now pled guilty to the charges.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

seems premature

I know...we're still ****ed for the time being.  But my dance outta bed this morning...it was a challenge, but somewhat enjoyable.   :ols:

Just now, No Excuses said:

A Trump campaign member explicitly knew about the Russian info operation, was meeting with Kremlin representatives and lied about to the FBI. He's now pled guilty to the charges.

Manafort feels better cause we know who he is but yeah this is far more important.

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

Manafort feels better cause we know who he is but yeah this is far more important.

It's amazing this never got leaked to the media, considering he was arrested on July 27!! Someone go through Trump's madman rants on twitter to see what he was up to that day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

A Trump campaign member explicitly knew about the Russian info operation, was meeting with Kremlin representatives and lied about to the FBI. He's now pled guilty to the charges.

Is that what was said?....seemed more seeking opposition research

Papadopolous does at least give you a Russian connection as far as the meeting,but we already knew that.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Right, totally premature. But it is funny to see all the people here cheering for this. If they were paying attention they could have seen the Manafort thing coming months ago. 

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I know...we're still ****ed for the time being.  But my dance outta bed this morning...it was a challenge, but somewhat enjoyable.   :ols:

I'm not trying to be difficult and i'm definitely not trying to defend trump or say none of this matters...

but if this doesn't turn into more, if this isn't a power play to turn someone against the rest of them... and it could be, manafort is the perfect person for that (or flynn i guess?) 

then... in the grand scheme of what matters for this country (if you think Trump is bad for this country), then this is a big fat loser. it's splashy headlines for the FBI and the investigation group. some people's careers will be boosted. but for the rest of us, what really matters, this is a non-factor.

i'm not even willing to say it would hurt his re-election chances. unless more comes from this, i honestly don't see anyone's mind changing over what we currently know.

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

A Trump campaign member explicitly knew about the Russian info operation, was meeting with Kremlin representatives in regards to it and lied about it to the FBI. He's now pled guilty to the charges.

this is the real story

The other thing that is remarkable about this one is that it was kept airtight for months. There are no leaks coming from the Mueller camp unless they want it out there.

• Like 3

Just now, twa said:

Is that what was said?....seemed more seeking opposition research

What do you think the stolen Clinton emails, released by the Kremlin through Wikileaks, were? He was explicitly told about these and lied about knowing them while working for the campaign. Got busted and is now cooperating.

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

this is the real story

The other thing that is remarkable about this one is that it was kept airtight for months. There are no leaks coming from the Mueller camp unless they want it out there.

Agreed. 100% this came out today because team Mueller knew that Trump and his cronies would try to spin the "no collusion" story based on Manafort charges. But it seems they already have one person who worked on the campaign, nabbed on collusion, with a guilty plea and explicit evidence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

this is the real story

I would hope they have more than this if he has been cooperating for months

Just now, twa said:

I would hope they have more than this if he has been cooperating for months

The only thing you are seeing today is the sealed indictment from July. I'm sure the rat had some information to hand out, otherwise he wouldn't be getting a plea bargain.