Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite memorabilia you have

tomwvr

Strangely, I seem to really like the autographs from guys who aren't really household names. I meet Andy Heck in a barbershop and got his autograph and AJ Johnson was hanging out with Darrell Green at a charity event and I think I was the only person there who recognized him.

I also got Greg Manusky's in kindergarten, he and Mark Schlereth came to my school for a meet and greet.  

The photo passes I've collected from over the past 4 years being able to cover the games for ES.  Someday, I'll figure out how to display them somewhere.

And of course, the photos too.  I've been very fortunate.

I had a football with Darrell Greens autograph on it but it faded.  That was my favorite for a long time.  

I have a Doug Williams Wheaties box from after Super Bowl XXII and some Redskins Super Bowl Coke cans from after Super Bowl XXVI. 

I also have a framed program from Super Bowl XXII, some autographs (including Jack Kent Cooke and Art Monk) in a pad I took to Carlisle one year, and this cool poster from the 1986 team (shows a bunch of players and the entire schedule/results). 

The December before the Redskin's 1987 Super Bowl win, my brother-in-law went to the old Redskins Park in Herndon every morning before the players got there for practice and had them sign a football.  He gave it to me for a Christmas gift.  Had Bobby Beathard, Joe Gibbs, Doug Williams, Joe Jacoby, Gary Clark, Todd Bowles, Timmy Smith, Rich Milot, Ricky Sanders, RC Thieleman...etc...plus numerous other names signed.   As good as it gets IMO.

My game worn London fletcher jersey for the cowboys game in 07 to go to the playoffs. Emotional year, we won, I was there and we beat the boys to go to the playoffs. It was cold and rainy and the jersey is all stained. I've got it in a museum like case for display, well I did. We moved into a rental and it's in the basement waiting for the next man cave. 

3 hours ago, USS Redskins said:

I have a bunch of autographs but my favorite thing is a megaphone I got in 1986 at the home game vs. dallas... a 50th anniversary collectible they gave away... it might have been the home game  vs. Seattle... anyway.. my favorite

I have a stack of 10 of those megaphones! I picked them up on ebay 5 or so years ago because I had never seen one before. I'll have to post a picture when I get home later. Nice that you actually got it AT THE GAME!

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

My game worn London fletcher jersey for the cowboys game in 07 to go to the playoffs. Emotional year, we won, I was there and we beat the boys to go to the playoffs. It was cold and rainy and the jersey is all stained. I've got it in a museum like case for display, well I did. We moved into a rental and it's in the basement waiting for the next man cave. 

I think I remember you getting that YEARS ago. It's got the 75/21 patches on it right? I had several LF gamers but sold them all to one person a few years back.

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The photo passes I've collected from over the past 4 years being able to cover the games for ES.  Someday, I'll figure out how to display them somewhere.

Let me know when you do figure it out as I've got a bunch of them that are just sitting in a pile in my office. Same with old team hotel key cards. :ols: 

I have a few things like a Joe Gibbs signed football and a John Riggins signed helmet. But my favorites are I was at a charity lunch with Earnest Byner (he was at my table) and Doug Williams. I got to meet both of them, take pictures and get their autograph.

There were a bunch of ex NFL players there including Eric Dickerson, Tony Dungy, and Marcus Allen.

Hmmm maybe my card collection, lots and lots of autographs and game used jersey relics in there. and it's always growing. I get a huge kick out of owning pieces of Riggins jerseys he wore in games as odd as that is. Or maybe it my 10x12 autographed picture of Doug Williams since that reminds me of still my favorite single game performance I ever saw. Or maybe it's my seat cushion from the 2008 Hall of Fame ceremony when I saw Monk and Green enter the hall with my now past Grandpa. Or maybe its my full sized autographed helmet signed by Sean Taylor and Clinton Portis? Lots of goodies to pick from. Great topic :)

Archived