Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite memorabilia you have

tomwvr

I have a Darrell Green signed full-size helmet with his HOF year on it.  I also have the Kirk Cousins jersey they sent to STH's this year, my towel from the game after Sean Taylor's passing and a few things from my uncle who used to play for the team.  I have a much larger NHL (Ovechkin goal pucks, and Backstrom and Ovechkin worn and signed specialty warm-up jerseys) and MLB (Manny Machado's jersey and hat from Mother's Day where he hit the grand slam and another 3 run homer, Mark Trumbo's home run ball from the Wild Card game this year, many other items) collection.

I think the one "best" things I have doesn't even have anything to do with the Redskins, I have the superbowl logo 8' x 12' which was part of the fence cover for the Superbowl between Pittsburgh and Phoenix that I worked at.  I also have the Superbowl pin and a poncho that they gave all of us staff.  Redskins wise I have a signed Charlie Taylor picture, a signed Clinton Portis picture,  and a Dexter Manley picture.  The Dexter Manley picture was given to me by Doc Walker a couple of years ago at a Redskins function, to be honest I can't remember which one LOL.  I also have a lot of pictures of me and various players some framed some in a folder somewhere.

One piece of Memorabilia my grandson has is one of the superbowl flags from San Diego, he was born the day before the superbowl, and I was telling the Stadium manager about it after the superbowl and he gave it to me to give to him.

On 2/8/2017 at 8:15 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

The photo passes I've collected from over the past 4 years being able to cover the games for ES.  Someday, I'll figure out how to display them somewhere.

If you figure out how to let me know I just have mine hanging up around my Redskins wall right now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 3:23 PM, RedBeast said:

oh man! I just remembered! I also have an old football ball that was signed by about 20+ players from the 72 SB. My uncle got it for me when I was 8 down at a bar down in DC where the Skins used to all hang out

The bloody bucket bar and grill is SE DC?

A small rubber foot ball with a pig holding a skins pennant riding in that when you pull it back and let it go, it drives forward.  My dad gave it to me when I was a kid for Christmas and I had gotten him the exact same thing that year so it was funny.

Also, my Orakpo signed ball from when he came to the Pentagon.  He wrote "**** dallas" on it.  

On a side note, I never understood people collecting autographs that they weren't there for the signing.  To me, I see an autograph as a way of showing you met a person.  To each their own though I guess.

On 2/23/2017 at 9:02 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

A small rubber foot ball with a pig holding a skins pennant riding in that when you pull it back and let it go, it drives forward.  My dad gave it to me when I was a kid for Christmas and I had gotten him the exact same thing that year so it was funny.

Also, my Orakpo signed ball from when he came to the Pentagon.  He wrote "**** dallas" on it.  

On a side note, I never understood people collecting autographs that they weren't there for the signing.  To me, I see an autograph as a way of showing you met a person.  To each their own though I guess.

Over half of my autographs are from players as I met them - the other half are items I could never afford years ago that now can afford and get signed.

My favorite item is a 91 Super Bowl Football I got signed by Coach Gibbs, the Posse, Coach Petitbon, Mark Rypien, Chip Lohmiller, Brian Mitchell and a couple others. Also have a helmet with Riggins, Theismann, Doug Williams and a lot of the present roster and a stadium seat from RFK that I refinished and a autographed Sammy Baugh picture. The Football is the prized item though , I got Coach to sign it and got pics taken with my 5 week old....first real trip out for her. My wife won't let me fill the room up so this will probably be it.

IMG_20160606_183902264.jpg

FB_IMG_1488257493967.jpg

FB_IMG_1488257480094.jpg

Not sure if this counts as memorabilia but it's my most favorite. Met him over 10 years ago while I was still working at the Tampa airport and he was the Bucs' Director of Player Personal back then. I was wearing a Redskins landyard and as soon as I saw him walking in the bar, I approached him politely. We had a brief conversation too.

Awesome guy!!

4A2FAD33-CFFD-49CA-801D-4013BFC625B9.jpg

Super Bowl ticket Pasdena and program, B/W World Champs 1932 Redskins, signed copy of the original HTTR score , and a football signed by all the players from 1963... Finally, Dallas Redskin ticket from RFK showing ticket price of 6 dollars... Row 7 , 50 yard line .. Crazy , haven' t thought about this in a long time ..... Sweet treasure trove .... My goodness

Archived