Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are people not outraged over Trump not releasing his taxes!!!?

boobiemiles

Thanks for the petition link. I just signed up.  

I"m not a democrat, and there are some things I hope Trump can do that would benefit me, however, I know it's only been a few days but I'm not impressed so far. Really bothered by the pettiness and lying. He should be above that.  The lying is scary.

Personally, he won't release his taxes for 1 of 2 reasons. 1, he's not as rich as he wants everyone to think or, its going to show some major BS (like not paying taxes or how little he pays).

I want him held accountable.

You have to care, you have to. Trump has power to get a lot of people killed. His words have power to influence markets and people income. How do we know what his intent is? Why is he keeping us in the dark? I do taxes. We pay taxes. The irs will put u in jail over taxes. It's a serious thing. Why are we not holding trump to a higher standard?

41 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The fact that you bought the rhetoric that Trump had 4 bankruptcies is exactly why he won't release his tax returns.

It's not rhetoric.  It's a fact, and not of the alternative kind.  (Notice that the word "fact" is bold, as in, well...bold fact.) 

Should we not investigate that which is fact?

My guess is that his returns will show that he took advantage of every possible loophole and deduction opportunity to pay as little as legally possible in taxes.   And he didn't release and won't release now because it's easier for him to fight against those screaming that he should release them, then it would be to fight against people screaming about the minute details they cherry pick to attack him with.

i doubt there is anything nefarious like illegal biz dealings with Russia. If that was happening, it would have come out from a source other than his return. 

7 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Here's a hint: people are but they won't admit it... it is politics.  Why didn't Obama talk about some of his failures (gun running into Mexico)?  

Or why didnt GOP mention that gun running by ATF began under Bush with same vigor they attacked Obama for?

Why doesnt either party admit health care industry is scamming Americans? 

Just as an aside, I can guarantee you that Obama had no idea about that ATF operation when it was underway.  Or that George Bush had any idea either. 

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

"going forward" doesn't cut it.

If he's such a terrific businessman, we deserve to see how he got that way, after 4 bankruptcies.  That's what he ran on, right? 

Six bankruptcies.

About a dozen years ago, Trump applied for a loan from Deutsche Bank. He claimed he had a net worth of 3.3 billion dollars. DB required him to grant access to his books, and found he was "only" worth 800m. Even that estimate may have been too generous, because Trump defaulted on the loan. Under oath during one of the thousands of lawsuits against him, Trump said his statements about his wealth were based on "psychology" or whatever he felt he was worth at the time.

The biggest element in Trump's salesmanship is the illusion that he's uber rich. Rich, yes...just not in the same league as dozens of software entrepreneurs and such, and possibly not deserving of his coveted title of billionaire. Tax returns would expose this and pull back the curtain to reveal the simpleton behind it.

Along with constantly lying about his wealth are Trump's incessant lies about how much he gives to charity. So far all of his claims have been debunked, with the funds never showing up unless media exposure made the cost of embarrassment greater than the cost of fulfillment, or in some cases the TV network paid for pledges Trump made on The Apprentice. Tax returns would again expose his parsimonious nature.

Finally, and most disturbing, there are almost certainly significant business interests involving China and Russia that would cripple any illusions of objectivity. Rumors are that he owes hundreds of millions to Chinese banks, and one of his own sons (can't remember if it was Beavis or Butthead) bragged about all their business in Russia. Emoluments to the max...

Starting to realize what he's really doing by attacking the media.  He's trying to make it appear that the only credible source of information is him and delegitimize anyone that disagrees with him.   It's important more of the country sees this for what it is, because I don't see him stopping this anytime soon.

Agreed that there's so much to be pissed about, its hard to narrow down on anyone thing, but tax returns are serious to make sure he's not wrapped up in something that may compromise him.  Others need to keep hammering home on his conflict of intrests and every time he lies.  He hits, we gotta keep hitting back harder.

I agree with most posts here, but while reading a post from TGB and Kilmer...I had a weird thought. What if the government doesn't want his taxes released? Hear me out...(I realize it is most likely not true)

Surely if something was wrong with his taxes over the last couple of decades, the IRS would have dealt with it, especially before his interest in politics brought the spotlight on his financial affairs. The government may have recommended to him to not release his taxes because it would have revealed how screwed up the tax system is in this country and would have really sparked serious discussion and solutions to fixing the tax code. Let's face it, each election there is some tax discussion, but it's never really serious. The last time it was serious was when Ross Perot ran. The rich don't want serious alterations to the tax code unless it benefits them. They are also the ones with the most influence on the  tax code and loopholes. Middle class and lower income families would become furious since Trump's tax returns would reveal the ridiculousness of the tax laws and demand some change. Right now the middle class and lower class are oblivious to it and what they don't know won't hurt the rich.

Now I realize what I've just said is most likely not true, but was just a thought I had while reading these posts. 

I think the biggest issue is that once someone with an interest in really investigating connections knows what's in there, they might pull at that thread and find something else.

The IRS can only do so much.  They do a lot, but it's hard to imagine they could uncover, say, money laundering by Russian oligarchs, at least if they try to hide it (and have Putin's tacit approval).

Right now, no one is quite sure where to look.  There's just a big hazy ball.  Tax returns would direct them to specific places.  Fahrenthold did a great job looking into charities, something similar could happen with more info in other areas of his businesses.

I care about mine much more than I care about his! Though I would like see some of those loopholes! (Which I'll never qualify for) lol..  With his ego, I imagine they just aren't as flattering as he wants everyone to believe? Not as rich, or some sort.. If there was anything really damning in there, I feel it would of been leaked already..

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

The biggest element in Trump's salesmanship is the illusion that he's uber rich. Rich, yes...just not in the same league as dozens of software entrepreneurs and such, and possibly not deserving of his coveted title of billionaire. Tax returns would expose this and pull back the curtain to reveal the simpleton behind it.

Funny you mention that, cuz I was just remarking to.my wife the other day about it probably burns him when REALLY rich people like Buffet say things against him.  He can't through his wealth and success in their face.

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Most people are rarely outraged and generally it's when they get cutoff in traffic or their kid spills a whole bowl of cereal on the rug. 

A private citizen not making me privy to his tax return just doesn't do it for me. 

he's not a private citizen.

When you are running for President, you relinquish that.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Six bankruptcies.

About a dozen years ago, Trump applied for a loan from Deutsche Bank. He claimed he had a net worth of 3.3 billion dollars. DB required him to grant access to his books, and found he was "only" worth 800m. Even that estimate may have been too generous, because Trump defaulted on the loan. Under oath during one of the thousands of lawsuits against him, Trump said his statements about his wealth were based on "psychology" or whatever he felt he was worth at the time.

That's my thought. His wealth is not close to what he says and the value of his companies are based on their ability to get more and more credit from more and more banks, including shady ones from overseas. His interests are nearly impossible to untangle cleanly and it directly impacts his ability to serve the country.  

on the list of things trump does that makes me concerned/angry/scared/flabbergasted, not releasing his taxes is pretty low.

i'm way more concerned, for example, that the guy seems to not know what he's talking about. ever. on any subject. words just pour out of his mouth but they rarely make sense and often the end of his thought (because they aren't sentences) contradicts the beginning of his thought.

if someone came into an interview and spoke the way he does we'd nix him from the candidate list within 5 minutes, and we don't do anything nearly as important as run the country...

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Starting to realize what he's really doing by attacking the media.  He's trying to make it appear that the only credible source of information is him and delegitimize anyone that disagrees with him.   It's important more of the country sees this for what it is, because I don't see him stopping this anytime soon.

Agreed that there's so much to be pissed about, its hard to narrow down on anyone thing, but tax returns are serious to make sure he's not wrapped up in something that may compromise him.  Others need to keep hammering home on his conflict of intrests and every time he lies.  He hits, we gotta keep hitting back harder.

yeah

I told someone yesterday that he has rendered anything CNN says about him as meaningless going forward. Its genius.

2 hours ago, codeorama said:

Thanks for the petition link. I just signed up.  

I want him held accountable.

Everyone who is on Facebook and Twitter, please post links about the petition.  That may be the best way to increase awareness of the petition and boost the number of people signing. 

I don't know that it will serve any practical purpose other than to rebuke him and those in his administration who say the people don't care.  That's enough for me.

I've become invested in checking how high the number goes. It's over 300,000 now:

EDIT:

Forgot to post a link. Here it is:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

36 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Somebody please explain the emoluments clause to me in plain English.  I know what I think it means,  but I'd like to know what it REALLY means.

Here's a pretty clear explanation of what it's all about:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/what-is-the-emoluments-clause-does-it-apply-to-president-trump/2017/01/23/12aa7808-e185-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html

So what can be done?

Release your returns!

No.

We demand it!

No.

We really really really REALLY demand to see your tax returns.

No.

This administration has shown unequivically in the last few days, and their entire campaign.. they don't give a **** what you want, what you need, or anything.'

**** you is the answer to everything, and the worst part is his whipped  masochistic supporters LOVE being told to go **** off.. LOVE being told THEY won't be ignored, but YOU will..   even though they will also be ignored and get ****ed just like everyone else.

People were stupid enough to vote for him despite the biggest red flags that could have ever been raised, and they simply don't have the brains or the balls to step backwards and re-think a situation they barely thought about in the first place.

Get used to it.

**** you. This is your answer now, forever, on everything.

~Bang

I posted this in the other thread, but this article compiled a list of every time Trump said he would release his taxes if president, from 2011 through June 2016.  23 times.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/showusyourtaxes-heres-every-time-donald-trump-has-said-he-would-release-his-tax-returns/

if it's not a big deal, and he has nothing to hide, then why not just release them like most presidents in recent history have?

27 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Well, in my professional legal opinion I don't think that Trump will be found in violation.  Reason one, it seems to indicate that congress would have to agree that he's violated it.  Also, they'll have to prove he's violated it.  At this point, seems like Trump can just make up whatever he wants and say **** you.

Archived