Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

31 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Because of an arthritic hip. But he hit good for his 2 years in Baltimore. Jimenez on the other hand has given us absolutely nothing.

It was a shame too.  That pitching staff when he was here was terrible.  Mussina and 15 bums.

But that hip cost him the hall of fame. He was arguably the best hitter in baseball for about a 5-6 year period.  About '93 to '98, in that area.  It was either him, Bonds, Griffey, or Frank Thomas.  

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

At this point, I'd rather have Vance Worley start for him. I think he is a FA. I imagine Bleier will be moved to a starting slot or get a shot in AAA first. Maybe Lee gets in a rhythm at Norfolk and gets another shot?

If the O's are playing well into July without getting much from the 4 or 5 starters, they will have an interesting decision to make about whether they will go all in or just get more "pitching depth."

I'd be willing to give the guys in Norfolk a shot over Ubaldo.  Aquino, Lee, Verrett, I don't care.  They can go 4 innings per start too.

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

I'd be willing to give the guys in Norfolk a shot over Ubaldo.  Aquino, Lee, Verrett, I don't care.  They can go 4 innings per start too.

Verrett is terrible. They need to do well in Norfolk to get a shot here. 

Saw Sedlock tonight. (Of course I missed all the offensive action by the Keys after the 5th since I have a 2 1/2 year old)

He was wild and gave up a few runs because of it. When the off-speed stuff was working he wasn't touched. When he was squeezed or flat out wild the other team manufactured runs. The Mudcats had a pure speed guy that stole an easy base against Sedlock so that is something to watch. 

Was fun to see. He is a big kid. So too is Jomar Reyes. Hays showed a real good arm in the outfield. Mountcastle looked good in the field but it's tough to judge arm strength. 

That ending reminded me of a hypothetical baseball situation I often think of where it was the bottom of the ninth, down by one run, with runners on 2nd and 3rd with two outs, given a league average hitter and league average reliever, whether I would rather be the batting team or pitching team.  I wonder how that equation changes if its only one out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/04/13/orioles-wear-capitals-t-shirts-before-game-in-toronto/?utm_term=.7eb094baaaee

"The Orioles and Capitals share the same goal Thursday: beat Toronto.

North of the border to open a four-game series against the Blue Jays, Orioles outfielder Adam Jones sported a Capitals T-shirt and shared a message for Alex Ovechkin and Co., who open their first-round series against the Maple Leafs at Verizon Center.

“Caps, handle the Leafs,” Jones said. “We’re up here in Toronto. I’m gonna get worn out tonight, so wear out them Leafs.”

So, who wants to tell the poor O's players that the O's have no real connection to the DC area and they shouldn't support the Caps? :ols:

I was definitely flipping back and forth, and even watched an episode of "one punch man" on Netflix during the Caps first intermission. Missed one whole inning.

I do get a kick out of watching them in Toronto because Geddy Lee and Alex Liefson sit right behind the plate, and i like Rush, so it cracks me up to see them looking like two old men keeping score.. which to me is about the nerdiest baseball nerd thing to do.

It is nice beating the Jays .. almost as good as beating NY or Boston.. almost. 

~Bang

1 hour ago, GhostofSparta said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/04/13/orioles-wear-capitals-t-shirts-before-game-in-toronto/?utm_term=.7eb094baaaee

So, who wants to tell the poor O's players that the O's have no real connection to the DC area and they shouldn't support the Caps? :ols:

Bat-signal about to be activated for a certain poster from the other thread, bro LOLOLOL

Don't do this. 

Didn't see him pitch, but props to Miley for putting up a great line.  

Britton's stuff is THAT good..where he's been weasling his way out of jams that other closers probably would have caved on.  He's given up some hard hits and loud outs but still has figured out a way to slam the door this year.  Hopefully he gets better but to still have not blown any of those chances so far this year has been impressive.

I'm thinking we can get all 4 of these games.  Toronto just doesn't look good.  Won't last all year so gotta kick those ****s down in the standings, but they look really different without EE.

I haven't seen every pitch from Britton this year, but has he thrown anything besides the fastball/sinker? 

Awesome to keep winning and getting a couple good starts from the rotation. All this without Manny getting it going yet.  

Archived