Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

Easily the worst signing in Oriole history. Just be glad that this is his final year.

Ubaldo is Bucks guy for whatever reason. I realize it's a managers job to show confidence in their staff but Buck would go to bat for him hard after he got rocked last season.  I just can't quite figure out why a man who forgot more baseball than I know  is loyal to a trash player like him.

3 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I kind of feel bad for Kim. Mancini and Smith are locking down the corner outfield. Is there any chance we can trade him for a shortstop? 

I would definitely trade Smith before Kim. Kim has done a really good job for the O's so I don't expect Mancini to be an every day LFer yet. 

36 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ubaldo is Bucks guy for whatever reason. I realize it's a managers job to show confidence in their staff but Buck would go to bat for him hard after he got rocked last season.  I just can't quite figure out why a man who forgot more baseball than I know  is loyal to a trash player like him.

I'm no Ubaldo fan but at the same time, who'd you put in the rotation in his place?  If you'd be able to move him, you won't get anything of value in return.  Wright and Wilson are garbage and are just as bad. You could go with Edwin Jackson who they just brought in off the scrap heap but that's not a great plan.

Not trying to stick up for him, but I also don't know who'd they replace him with.  I also think Miley is just as awful.  We've got two guaranteed **** starts in our rotation, it's not good.  

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm no Ubaldo fan but at the same time, who'd you put in the rotation in his place?  If you'd be able to move him, you won't get anything of value in return.  Wright and Wilson are garbage and are just as bad. You could go with Edwin Jackson who they just brought in off the scrap heap but that's not a great plan.

Not trying to stick up for him, but I also don't know who'd they replace him with.  I also think Miley is just as awful.  We've got two guaranteed **** starts in our rotation, it's not good.  

At this point, I'd rather have Vance Worley start for him. I think he is a FA. I imagine Bleier will be moved to a starting slot or get a shot in AAA first. Maybe Lee gets in a rhythm at Norfolk and gets another shot?

If the O's are playing well into July without getting much from the 4 or 5 starters, they will have an interesting decision to make about whether they will go all in or just get more "pitching depth."

Just now, Hersh said:

At this point, I'd rather have Vance Worley start for him. I think he is a FA. I imagine Bleier will be moved to a starting slot or get a shot in AAA first. Maybe Lee gets in a rhythm at Norfolk and gets another shot?

If the O's are playing well into July without getting much from the 4 or 5 starters, they will have an interesting decision to make about whether they will go all in or just get more "pitching depth."

Yeah, I'd rather have Worley in there, too.  Not sure how he hasn't been picked up by someone yet.  

It's not just the 4 and 5 starters I'm worried about...No signs of a return from Tillman.  Bundy's the only one that's been able to go 6 innings so far this year.  Gausman is still inconsistent and can't make it past 5.  It's just not good.

22 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, I'd rather have Worley in there, too.  Not sure how he hasn't been picked up by someone yet.  

It's not just the 4 and 5 starters I'm worried about...No signs of a return from Tillman.  Bundy's the only one that's been able to go 6 innings so far this year.  Gausman is still inconsistent and can't make it past 5.  It's just not good.

I'm not worried about Gausman and Tillman starts are Bowie on Tuesday. I feel confident about those two if for no other reason that I don't even want to think of the O's rotation having THAT many holes in the rotation. 

BTW, I'm gonna see Sedlock pitch tomorrow down here in NC. I'm excited to see the Keys team this year.  

6 hours ago, Hersh said:

I'm not worried about Gausman and Tillman starts are Bowie on Tuesday. I feel confident about those two if for no other reason that I don't even want to think of the O's rotation having THAT many holes in the rotation. 

BTW, I'm gonna see Sedlock pitch tomorrow down here in NC. I'm excited to see the Keys team this year.  

Tillman just needs to be healthy for the rest of the year.  I do worry about Gausman, he's always been inefficient and while the season is still young and there's room to improve, he hasn't shown any changes.  If Tillman can get healthy and pitch like he did last year and Bundy is for real, I like our chances.  Gausman can throw a gem every so often.  4 and 5 are just garbage but we might have the offense to make up for it.

Tell us about how Sedlock does, that should be a good time.  

10 hours ago, DM72 said:

Easily the worst signing in Oriole history. Just be glad that this is his final year.

Joey Albert Belle?  Sidney Ponson?  Glenn Davis?

And I'm starting to feel sorry for Kim (and good for O's fans about Mancini's bat.)  Kim's gonna have a hard time getting AB's now. 

32 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

And I'm starting to feel sorry for Kim (and good for O's fans about Mancini's bat.)  Kim's gonna have a hard time getting AB's now. 

I think it'll all shake out. Mancini is hot so start the year, but he has something like 30 MLB AB's. Pitchers will figure out his weaknesses and there will be some adjustments and opportunities for Kim, etc. But it would be great for Mancini to keep hitting!

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Tillman just needs to be healthy for the rest of the year.  I do worry about Gausman, he's always been inefficient and while the season is still young and there's room to improve, he hasn't shown any changes.  If Tillman can get healthy and pitch like he did last year and Bundy is for real, I like our chances.  Gausman can throw a gem every so often.  4 and 5 are just garbage but we might have the offense to make up for it.

Tell us about how Sedlock does, that should be a good time.  

We disagree about Gausman. He was awesome last year and if he had any run support at all he would have won 15-20 games. He lead the majors last year in most starts throwing 7 scoreless innings. Yes, he has sucked this years so far but he was also better in warmer weather last season. 

Anyway, I'm also excited to see guys like Hays (I think he advances quickly), Mountcastle and a couple others. I feel like the O's are actually going to develop their own outfielders now and we won't be platooning next season. I'll give a report when I get back. I probably won't see the entire game cause I'll have my 2 1/2 year old but we are sitting front row by the Keys dugout. 

11 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Who would you rather have in the lineup, Smith or Kim?

Kim. 

3 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Joey Albert Belle?  Sidney Ponson?  Glenn Davis?

Albert Belle actually played good for the Orioles. 

7 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Albert Belle actually played good for the Orioles. 

He played great the first year, OK the second year but didn't play at all for the last 3 years of his contract (for $65 million.)  Plus he was a dick.   

5 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

He played great the first year, OK the second year but didn't play at all for the last 3 years of his contract (for $65 million.)  Plus he was a dick.   

Because of an arthritic hip. But he hit good for his 2 years in Baltimore. Jimenez on the other hand has given us absolutely nothing.

12 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree that there isn't much we can do now but I simply think this was an issue that needed to be hashed out prior to spring training.  I understand Ubaldo really doesn't have a market, but I would have preferred him not be part of the 2017 plan in any capacity.

Archived