Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

12 hours ago, Hersh said:

Great win, right @RonArtest15

Any time the O's win while scoring less than 4 runs is a bonus. Got lots of things out of the way today. Britton pitching multiple innings of a tie game against the Jays and getting a walk off homerun in the 11th of course. 

Why wouldn't I be happy w/ a win, chief?  Well on our way to 162-0. 

15 hours ago, MonkFan8 said:

Good win! Trumbo doing what we payed him to do right away. 

Gotta say, super happy for Mancini to make the team. Kid has as really sweet swing.

Id love to see Mancini stick long term but I think he goes back once Tillman gets activated. I just dont understand it. The kid is what, 26 years old now? Killed it in AA and AAA, just wants to play in the majors but bc we signed Davis to that mega contract and have Trumbo for DH, we dont have a spot.

We have exactly 1 major league ready minor leaguer in Mancini ... and the Os cant get him on the field bc they signed guys long term to his position ..... baffling. 

29 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Id love to see Mancini stick long term but I think he goes back once Tillman gets activated. I just dont understand it. The kid is what, 26 years old now? Killed it in AA and AAA, just wants to play in the majors but bc we signed Davis to that mega contract and have Trumbo for DH, we dont have a spot.

I think he's going to be a PH type while he works on his RF defense. He can't be worst than Trumbo. The average ES poster is likely better at running down a baseball than Trumbo. 

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I've never liked the off day after opening day. I've heard the reasoning but I still don't like it.

Yea, we all know why it exists (in case of rain), but it is SUCH a tease to have a game, get a nice win and then have to wait 48 hours for the next one. 

4 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

We have exactly 1 major league ready minor leaguer in Mancini ... and the Os cant get him on the field bc they signed guys long term to his position ..... baffling. 

He just turned 25 and while I agree with you regarding the baffling moves, it's tough to argue with the results Davis (power numbers and gold glove caliber defense) and Trumbo (47 HR and 108 RBIs) put up. Maybe he can become a serviceable corner outfielder or maybe Trumbo becomes trade bait next off-season. 

I do think Sisco is basically ready as well. 

4 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I think he's going to be a PH type while he works on his RF defense. He can't be worst than Trumbo. The average ES poster is likely better at running down a baseball than Trumbo. 

True, but Trumbo does have a plus arm or so it seemed. 

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I've never liked the off day after opening day. I've heard the reasoning but I still don't like it.

It works out great today because I bought will watch Rogue One. 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If Bundy can pitch like that this year, look out.

I know he will have some bad outings because only Clayton Kershaw doesn't in the regular season, but damn he was awesome tonight. 

Really liking Castillo behind the plate. Thought he called a great game and Bundy gave him a lot of compliments after the game. Bundy is a modest guy and I appreciate athletes like that. 

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

I don't know if much has been made about the loss of Encarnacion in that Jays lineup. It's only two games, but they might be already missing him. 

It's a huge loss. Donaldson will get his and some of the other guys will play well, but if I'm the Jays, I'd rather have EE than Bautista. 

8 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Watching Ubaldo continues to be difficult to watch. 

It's bad.  Just when you think he might have turned a corner at the end of last year and might have figured something out, think again.

The shift has become ****ing annoying.  I'm not in favor of banning it but it does take some of the joy out of the game, for sure.  

Archived