Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

24 minutes ago, justice98 said:

That was a weird pitching line by Miley.  One hit, no runs over 5, but non-stop baserunners.  But if he had any control over the strike zone, he surely woulda got touched up for about 6 hits and 4 runs, at least.  

In general though, if you're only gonna go 5, zero runs is about as good as you can do.  

But 5 IP from Miley, 4.1 from Ubaldo, 4.2 from Gausman in the series.

It's kinda unfair to assume he would have gotten hit if in the strike zone if he didn't get hit when actually in the strike zone. There have been a few no-hitters with lot of walks. 

When I turned on the game and he had a no hitter going, I expected him to be on pitch 40-50 going into the 4th inning. When it was 70 I was like what the what? Then they mentioned all the walks. 

This is from 2 days ago....Manny not really fanning the flames here.  2018 is right around the corner, but this Manny situation has me nervous beyond belief. 

If you missed it, the New York Post spoke to Orioles third baseman Manny Machado while the Yankees were in Baltimore April 7-9. This makes sense, considering Machado will be a free agent after 2018, and (chokes back vomit) the Yankees are likely to have a Scrooge McDuck-style cash vault available where the All-Star infielder might enjoy taking a dip. 

Machado could have chosen not to discuss the topic whatsoever. He could have said, "I'll think about free agency if I get there," or, "All I'm worried about is the Orioles." He didn't do that. If you were worried you might get far too simple a night's sleep tonight, here's the nightmare fuel Machado provided: 

"I'm sure now, when we go to New York, it's going to be crazy,'' the Orioles' superstar told The Post of the free-agent rumors. "I know there is talk about the future and maybe me, [Yankees catcher] Gary [Sanchez] and [Nationals outfielder Bryce] Harper being together. That's New York. That's what goes on. … You never know what to expect in this game."

Link

I think the window to resign Manny has passed us. Hes put the bilateral knee issues behind him with back to back healthy superstar seasons. 

10/400 .. as a starting point for both Harper and Machado come 2018.

Has a 26 year old superstar ever hit FA in baseball?

Machado is gone.

Nats should have given Harper the 10/400 he asked for coming off a down year last season.   

10 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I'll be totally honest, I don't think he's worth it, but I know it's going to take around $30M per to even be in the ballpark.

Its baseball. They print money. 

By 2018, Manny and Britton will be gone and our payroll will be in the bottom 10 in the league.

I just dont think Angelos will invest. We will be back to signing the Aubrey Huffs or George Sherrifs of the world. Loveable loser type guys.  

27 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

By 2018, Manny and Britton will be gone and our payroll will be in the bottom 10 in the league.

That's an OK outcome as long as they've stocked the farm system with Manny's and Zach's departure. If they walk for comp picks so that we can continue to hover in the mid-80s in wins for another couple years, that will annoy me to no end!

6 hours ago, justice98 said:

I cant think of a player in the game today that's worth $30 mil from a talent and production standpoint.   Barry Bonds mighta been worth that much for a few years, in 2001 dollars.   But it's a new day, yes it is.

If you believe in WAR and "cost per win" over some base amount, I believe there are quite a few in any given year.   Of course, those are exceptional seasons and you have to consider the whole contract. 

Archived