Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

I can't predict the future, but I think our boys will be solid and in contention for a WC to the finish. I think Boston will be really good and the O's will scrap with Toronto all year. The Yanks are trying to build up their kids but will probably regress a bit and the Rays are just meh. 

So... let's just take first place today and never look back. 

2 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Red Sox will. 

Will be a dog fight for 2nd in the division, but we're not getting a WC berth from the AL East.

O's starting pitching sucks.  We don't have speed and will have the same issues with guys getting on base w/ regularity (outside of Manny.)  If the long ball isn't working, then what? 

I got close to zero optimism going into this year.  Should have tried to blow the whole thing up and have a mini-rebuild. 

The starting pitching was worse last year, the team had less speed last year and the team has a better offensive catcher this year. Not really sure why some people are fans. 

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Hopes are tempered. Just don't think we have the starting pitching to contend nor the lineup to consistently produce runs. I've learned Buck gets the most out of his guys so we'll see.

Starters were worse last year. I mean look at the fact that they had Gallardo, Wilson and Wright start a ton of games and this team still won 89 games. 

7 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The starting pitching was worse last year, the team had less speed last year and the team has a better offensive catcher this year. Not really sure why some people are fans. 

Starters were worse last year. I mean look at the fact that they had Gallardo, Wilson and Wright start a ton of games and this team still won 89 games. 

Must be nice going through life with the orange/black lensed glasses. 

The only known on the pitching staff is Gausman.  Other than that, there are a lot of questions. 

This team is not built to get on base.  We'll be lucky to finish .500

I know you predict 162-0 every year, but get real. 

7 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Must be nice going through life with the orange/black lensed glasses. 

The only known on the pitching staff is Gausman.  Other than that, there are a lot of questions. 

This team is not built to get on base.  We'll be lucky to finish .500

I know you predict 162-0 every year, but get real. 

How has this team done over the last 5 years? Any below .500 finishes? I find it funny when people claim they are being realistic despite a track record that goes against what they are predicting. 

There are questions on every team going into every season. Maybe the platoon situation will work out and maybe it will crash and burn. Maybe Trumbo regresses but Crush has a big year. Maybe the entire starting staff will be atrocious and the O's will go 0-162. I guess that would make some here happy. 

Should we compare predictions from last year to keep it real?

Anyone here that thinks I don't trash the team on occasion isn't really paying attention in this thread. 

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

How has this team done over the last 5 years? Any below .500 finishes? I find it funny when people claim they are being realistic despite a track record that goes against what they are predicting. 

There are questions on every team going into every season. Maybe the platoon situation will work out and maybe it will crash and burn. Maybe Trumbo regresses but Crush has a big year. Maybe the entire starting staff will be atrocious and the O's will go 0-162. I guess that would make some here happy. 

Should we compare predictions from last year to keep it real?

Anyone here that thinks I don't trash the team on occasion isn't really paying attention in this thread. 

So you think this run is going to last?  LOL. 

-We have no farm.

-There's too much money tied into not-worthy players.

-Starting pitching

-Manny might have his foot out the door...

and it goes on and on

32 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

So you think this run is going to last?  LOL. 

-We have no farm.

-There's too much money tied into not-worthy players.

-Starting pitching

-Manny might have his foot out the door...

and it goes on and on

Great analysis. Do you even pay attention to the O's before you attempt to justify your annual "the O's suck" posts? Please feel free to go on and on with such astute observations as "Manny might have his foot out the door" as a reason the O's will suck. I mean, I get that starting pitching is a question mark and that some people that don't really pay attention think the O's have no farm, but Manny having a foot out the door? That is truly laughable.

O's have lots of money coming off the books after this season from those "not-worthy players" and they won't just try to fill all positions with the farm. Though, Sisco had a great spring but he doesn't count. Neither does Milluns since he isn't ranked high enough by outside observers. The fact is that while the farm still is short on infield prospects outside of catcher, things are moving in a good direction. Still need another couple of strong drafts but it's not bare. (Unless you don't pay attention to the farm system)

14 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Great analysis. Do you even pay attention to the O's before you attempt to justify your annual "the O's suck" posts? Please feel free to go on and on with such astute observations as "Manny might have his foot out the door" as a reason the O's will suck. I mean, I get that starting pitching is a question mark and that some people that don't really pay attention think the O's have no farm, but Manny having a foot out the door? That is truly laughable.

O's have lots of money coming off the books after this season from those "not-worthy players" and they won't just try to fill all positions with the farm. Though, Sisco had a great spring but he doesn't count. Neither does Milluns since he isn't ranked high enough by outside observers. The fact is that while the farm still is short on infield prospects outside of catcher, things are moving in a good direction. Still need another couple of strong drafts but it's not bare. (Unless you don't pay attention to the farm system)

Let Manny get off to a slow start, and you and I both know there will be chatter about where his head is at...i.e., is he thinking about free agency.  Don't be dumb.  We saw it last year w/ Bryce.  Same **** applies.   

The farm is bare, bro.  You can't sit here and seriously defend it.  It's pathetic.  We're in the lower 1/3 of the farm rankings and for good reason. 

39 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Let Manny get off to a slow start, and you and I both know there will be chatter about where his head is at...i.e., is he thinking about free agency.  Don't be dumb.  We saw it last year w/ Bryce.  Same **** applies.   

The farm is bare, bro.  You can't sit here and seriously defend it.  It's pathetic.  We're in the lower 1/3 of the farm rankings and for good reason. 

The farm is not bare but we will see how the young players pan out over the years. 

What happened with Harper is not at all related to Manny. Manny might be the least discussed great player in baseball these days where as Harper gets attention nonstop. Probably has to do with Nats expectations vs the O's by the media, but who knows.

Anyway, win or lose, I'm going to enjoy opening day. 

I guess I can't count on Google for the correct score this year. They have it 2-0 O's. Last year they were right on the money, but the year before that they were at least a half inning behind in their scores. 

Great win, right @RonArtest15

Any time the O's win while scoring less than 4 runs is a bonus. Got lots of things out of the way today. Britton pitching multiple innings of a tie game against the Jays and getting a walk off homerun in the 11th of course. 

Archived