Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

Apparently not that hard lol. Don't know why I ever doubt him (although the other night was shaky). Nice to see the bats explode.

Have always thought of Seth Smith as a consistent hitter. Nothing remarkable on an annual basis but gets the job done. Nice addition to the squad.

Only our boys and the Twins are undefeated. And every team in MLB has a win. 

Tanaka was pounded for the Yankees on opening day. Hopefully he's rusty again before he gets it going! 

Seth Smith is probably excited to be in Baltimore where that flyball is a homer. Don't know if that's even to the track in Seattle. 

I hate bunting but I understood the need to try and get 1 run to tie it in the 7th. A lead after 7 for the Yankees and Girardi hits the easy button and it's Betances and Chapman time. A tie game may buy you another inning. (Remember this spring when the Yankees stiffed Betances in arbitration, won somehow, and then gloated about it? Great organization!)

Sanchez looks like the player Matt Weiters was supposed to be. 

4 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Really like what I've seen from Davis. Not chasing so far. 

Yea, I think the hand issue affected his confidence a fair amount last year. 

Hyun Soo Kim, professional batsman. 

I guess if you're going to make the wrong call on the review, do it as hastily as possible. 

10 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Only our boys and the Twins are undefeated. And every team in MLB has a win. 

Tanaka was pounded for the Yankees on opening day. Hopefully he's rusty again before he gets it going! 

Seth Smith is probably excited to be in Baltimore where that flyball is a homer. Don't know if that's even to the track in Seattle. 

I hate bunting but I understood the need to try and get 1 run to tie it in the 7th. A lead after 7 for the Yankees and Girardi hits the easy button and it's Betances and Chapman time. A tie game may buy you another inning. (Remember this spring when the Yankees stiffed Betances in arbitration, won somehow, and then gloated about it? Great organization!)

Sanchez looks like the player Matt Weiters was supposed to be. 

How's that easy button look now for the Yankees? ;) 

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

How's that easy button look now for the Yankees? ;) 

:rofl89:

Trumbo stole a base and Kim golfed a pitcher's pitch over the infield. That may be hard to replicate day in and day out, but I'll take it! 

Pretty sure today is going to be a "everybody plays" day with Gentry, Flaherty, Joseph et al getting a start. 

1 hour ago, KingGibbs said:

Starting pitching? We don't need no stinkin' starting pitching!

4 games and one good good start, one ok start and two lousy ones. 4-0. Ok then! 

6 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

Was O Day or Brach not available today? I was shocked when Givens came back out. He's not more than a couple of batters pitcher right now. Lack of move proved costly.

Brach and Britton probably not available so wanted to get to O'Day for the 9th. That's my guess. 

1 hour ago, Fight4RGIII said:

Was O Day or Brach not available today? I was shocked when Givens came back out. He's not more than a couple of batters pitcher right now. Lack of move proved costly.

The entire bullpen stunk today, but IMO, Wilson was the goat of this game. He took the air outta of the place when he gave up those 2 runs.

4 hours ago, DM72 said:

The entire bullpen stunk today, but IMO, Wilson was the goat of this game. He took the air outta of the place when he gave up those 2 runs.

Can't walk 11 batters in a game and expect to win. Can't only score 3 runs in games and expect to keep winning. 

On 4/8/2017 at 10:52 PM, DCSaints_fan said:

2017 Orioles: Our bullpen is better than yours

Except when you don't have a starter that can go past 5 innings.  IMO, this bullpen will be exhausted by July at this rate.  I trust DD when it comes to patchwork solutions (mostly, not always) and he's going to have his work cut out for him this year.

I can't stand Miley.  If it were me, I'd have done everything in my power to get rid of him this offseason.  I also can't stand Tyler Wilson but at least he's got (probably not but maybe) some upside.  

That was a weird pitching line by Miley.  One hit, no runs over 5, but non-stop baserunners.  But if he had any control over the strike zone, he surely woulda got touched up for about 6 hits and 4 runs, at least.  

In general though, if you're only gonna go 5, zero runs is about as good as you can do.  

But 5 IP from Miley, 4.1 from Ubaldo, 4.2 from Gausman in the series.

Archived