Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

I just saw the replay. There probably will be because it's AL East baseball, but I don't think there was ill intent on that slide. He went right into the bag, but his leg popped up. I think if he had done that intentionally, his legs would have been up from the start and the slide would have been even later (a la Chase Utley).

Of course reading Farrell's comments, he makes it sound like Machado went in trying to end Pedroia's career. So yeah, expect some retaliation.

I hope they start throwing in on Manny! His bat looks like it might be heating up and I think he needs  somthing to ignite that passion he had in th WBC. I was at the game and they wouldn't show the re play amd it took forever to get a replay in from the refs . Weird moment. 

Best part was Bundy keeping the Sox fans quiet the whole game. And the one inning they got some people on and we're threatening to  score they started some lets go redsox chants just to get overided by lets go os chants and then they totally got shut down by good pitching. And Gentry with solid bats all game. I was hating on him but he started to win me over with his disciplined aproach at the plate.

I think Boston retaliates on Sunday unless the game is lopsided. Wright doesn't exactly intimidate with his 68 mph knuckler. 

Watching it live, it just looked like the two met at the bag. Watching the replay, Manny's cleat (tho up, and a nono) barely made contact. He was still on the bag. I think Pedroia was a little over the top. This isn't soccer. 

MLB saves 20 seconds with the new IBB but they'll spend 5 minutes looking at a slide, then Boston made a pitching change after it was decided, prompting another delay. It was like 10 minutes of nothing. Fix that, not 20 seconds to lob 4 wide on an IBB. 

Anyone complaining about that slide is being ridiculous. Manny slid directly over the middle of the bag and guys slide past bags all the time. A middle infielder knows not to put his foot in the middle of the bag either in front or back if the bag and if you do you lift your foot out of the way immediately. 

If Manny gets hit there better be an automatic ejection and a healthy suspension. 

I love seeing the O's farm system contributing as much as it's been bashed over the years. DD has done a good job adding some young pitchers in the Asher and Aquino so we hopefully never have to see guys like Wilson and Wright starting again. 

O's definitely have some interesting roster decisions coming up but it's a good problem to have for a change. 

Archived