Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

If Gentry is really a better defender, then he would have never let Hardy have to run 100 ft into the outfield to see that ball drop. That's the outfielders ball all day. When the infielder has to turn his back to the infield, the outfielder should always call him off.

5 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

If Gentry is really a better defender, then he would have never let Hardy have to run 100 ft into the outfield to see that ball drop. That's the outfielders ball all day. When the infielder has to turn his back to the infield, the outfielder should always call him off.

Hey, I said it was my guess ;)

That was pathetic.

19 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

What's the proper etiquette here?

Say how great Gausman is or trust our own eyes?

To pretend that 3 bad starts means Kevin Gausman is garbage. I thought they had a terrible game plan to start and he was terrible to start. Once he started pitching he was much better. 

No surprise by some people in here trashing him. 

1 hour ago, MonkFan8 said:

Gausman is making the moves for when Tillman gets activated a lot less difficult to make. Great stuff, can't pitch.

Gausman is going no where when Tillman gets back. 

I swear, this thread is smarter than is being displayed when it comes to Gausman. 

2 minutes ago, DM72 said:

We watch baseball too. Gausman has been hot garbage. 

His last two starts, he hasn't given this team a chance. 

100% true. That doesn't mean he a) sucks and 2) is going to be out of the rotation. 

All pitchers not named Clayton Kershaw go through this. 

3 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I mean, Gausman was actually booed today. When does Oriole fans boo any of their own?

Anyone booing Gausman at the game is an idiot. Pretty sure Kim got booed last year. Jimenez got booed last year. It happens. Generally it shouldn't when your team is in first place. I can understand if the O's sucked. 

BTW, through 5 games now for Gausman, the O's have scored 6 runs to this point. 

8 minutes ago, DM72 said:

It's very rare for the Oriole fans to boo their own. 

LOL...It's always about run support with Gausman. Our offense have struggled for most of the season, so it's not just on Gausman starts.

The reference is from the complete lack of offensive support for Gausman last year as well not with how he pitched today or last time. Good gracious. 

5 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Red Sox classless as always. Three pitches at his knee then one at his head. If you are going to act like you are the great keeper of the unwritten rules of baseball, then do it right. Put one in his ribs and move on. But at the knees then at the head is ridiculous.

Throwing at players just like fighting in hockey doesn't do anything for me anymore. Particularly with baseball, I'm not sure why the higher ups think it's still a good thing. 

Gausman sucked today...for the first half inning.  Regained some composure.  

I don't think he's terrible, I also don't think he's that special.  At this point, he is what he is, which is a #3 starter with electric stuff.  He'll dazzle some nights, once in awhile he'll provide a **** start but mostly it'll be 6 innings of 4 runs, not throwing a lot of strikes and having a high pitch count so he can't work deeper.

Part of me agrees with Earl Weaver.  Firmly against beanballs and throwing at other players.   I forget the anecdote, but one of his pitchers started something and he said something like "Look at Eddie Murray.  Do they have anyone as good as Eddie Murray?"  The pitcher said no... So Weaver said something like "Then don't throw at their guys because they're gonna throw at Eddie!"

But then another part of me thinks that Don Drysdale had it right.  Hit one of my guys, I'm hitting two of yours.  

I guess I'm trying to say I don't want anyone on the Orioles starting anything, but man if anyone starts some **** I don't want anyone on this team sitting back and not doing anything.  And I don't even mind head hunting and knockdowns if that's what it takes for us to retaliate.  

Hopefully this doesn't go all season.  

Pedroia: “It’s not me. If that was me, we would’ve hit you the first day [after the slide].”

Machado pointed to his head, making clear that Barnes was out of bounds.

Pedroia: “I know. That’s bulls---. We should’ve hit you the first at-bat yesterday. I know that, and you know that. It’s not me. That’s him.”

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

Pedroia: “It’s not me. If that was me, we would’ve hit you the first day [after the slide].”

Machado pointed to his head, making clear that Barnes was out of bounds.

Pedroia: “I know. That’s bulls---. We should’ve hit you the first at-bat yesterday. I know that, and you know that. It’s not me. That’s him.”

Pedroia comes off as such a douche. He was a douche on Friday night with his 'I don't need to know the rule because my footwork is so great.' And then throwing the pitcher under the bus despite it being obvious what was happening. His statement has the work I/me in it like 15 times. Lordy. 

3 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

I'm fine with retaliation, but within reason.  Throwing at someone's head is ****ed up on a number of levels.  Farrell is a piece of trash. 

Baseball players talk about about policing themselves on the field, but they need to do it within their own clubhouse too.  

Its pretty amazing that this team has the best record in Baseball with its best pitcher out, its best reliever out for most of the season so far, and its best hitter/player in a batting slump.  Sucks we can't sweep anyone, but just keep winning series, especially against the tough AL East, and we will do just fine.

Have there been any updates on Tillman or Britton?   

Archived