Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins @ Bears.....how do you guys see this game going?

Tom [Giants fan]

Guys, you know me, I don't usually come here to talk about Redskin games during the week unless it is with the Giants.  I have a very special reason too and wanted to get your opinion on this game.  I saw some highlights from the game last night.  One thing that stood out was the fact that the Redskins gave away the ball at their own one yard line giving the Panthers an easy TD.  The Panthers have been playing well as of late and maybe had a little extra incentive with Norman on the opposite side?

That being said, do any of you really think the Bears have a legitimate shot next week?  In all honesty, I feel the Redskins should walk all over them.  I've seen things the last couple of weeks that have me a bit worried.  Again, this is a very special circumstance which is why I am starting a thread here.  Does it look like the Redskins have given up or are fading as has been suggested?  Could Chicago really upset the Redskins?  I have about 250,000 reasons why I am asking.

Good to hear from you Tom. 

I have a bad feeling that this team is a slow start away from mailing this thing in for the rest of the year. I hate to say that since they are very much alive and have a lot to play for (even if not the playoffs). For fans like me, following 9-7 with another .500+ season is important. 

But, I am very concerned that they might feed into the "short week" BS or start to let doubt creep in if the Bears punch them in the mouth. They've seemingly gotten a little soft lately. The Bears have played very well down the stretch so I would consider them the hotter team for sure. 

Honestly, Tom, I have no idea what will happen because I don't know what team will show up.

I suppose it will be the angry, fired-up back-against-the-wall team this week, since they were embarrassed on MNF last night.

I think Cousins will be better next week as well. Every QB has down games during a season. I don't think he will have two in a row.

Barry's defense will keep the Bears in the game, though. Howard will probably run all over them. :( 

everyone got fooled by the panther's record and tried to skip through this game like it would be easy. the panthers are a good team with a ton of probowl talen. i think i heard like 90% of their losses this year are by 3 points or less. so its not a huge surprise we struggled against them (and particularly against that defensive line).

that being said, the bears do not have a ton of talent and are not a very good team. it would be a huge surprise if we struggled like that against them. we win this one

Redskins 20

Bears      24

We didn't show a lick of heart in a very important game at home. I have absolutely no reason to believe that they'll show up in Chicago.

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

everyone got fooled by the panther's record and tried to skip through this game like it would be easy. the panthers are a good team with a ton of probowl talen. i think i heard like 90% of their losses this year are by 3 points or less. so its not a huge surprise we struggled against them (and particularly against that defensive line).

that being said, the bears do not have a ton of talent and are not a very good team. it would be a huge surprise if we struggled like that against them. we win this one

The Panthers is not a very good team. If they were, they'd be moving towards the playoffs. If they were a good team, they'd won this game going away. They would not have beaten a lot of teams last night.

44 minutes ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

Guys, you know me, I don't usually come here to talk about Redskin games during the week unless it is with the Giants.  I have a very special reason too and wanted to get your opinion on this game.  I saw some highlights from the game last night.  One thing that stood out was the fact that the Redskins gave away the ball at their own one yard line giving the Panthers an easy TD.  The Panthers have been playing well as of late and maybe had a little extra incentive with Norman on the opposite side?

That being said, do any of you really think the Bears have a legitimate shot next week?  In all honesty, I feel the Redskins should walk all over them.  I've seen things the last couple of weeks that have me a bit worried.  Again, this is a very special circumstance which is why I am starting a thread here.  Does it look like the Redskins have given up or are fading as has been suggested?  Could Chicago really upset the Redskins?  I have about 250,000 reasons why I am asking.

Honestly Tom, I think it's likely we loose next week. Barkley has come in and they are scoring points, and they have a tough physical defense. After the way we played last night, I just don't see us winning another game this season. We had to have it, and we stuck up the joint in all 3 phases of the game. Bears are playing much better, just like Carolina is, and the Giants are playing well. 0-3 to end the season.

For as long as I can remember, this team has always played to the level of its' competition. We lack the killer instinct that teams like the Patriots have. I expect us to start slow and overcome a 10-0 or so deficit, then pull away in the second half.

Just now, Bigmuss1 said:

Redskins - 19

Bears - 18

That score makes me cringe.

28 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Jordan Howard is likely going to gash this Skins defense.  Without Reed the Skins offense struggles.  The Bears have played teams tough the last few weeks.  They're actually playing with more purpose then the Skins right now and they have nothing to play for.   

40 minutes ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

TD,

Thanks for that input.  My other choice is the Texans at home vs. the Bengals with Savage at QB.  I am going to go back and forth all week.  Hope to hear more opinions about this game too.  This is going to drive me crazy all week.

Wow, those aren't great options. The Bengals seem to have quit more than the Bears have...if that helps? I honestly have zero confidence in the Redskins to win on the road after this loss. 

This team isn't done torturing its fan base just yet.  My guess is that since there is a hope still that with a win against Chicago and some help that the Skins can make the playoffs they will lose to the Bears.  Then once eliminated beat a Giants team that is resting players.  We will hear how they finished on a winning note and that they are looking towards next season.

Regardless... Im caring less what happens on Saturday now after last night.  That coaching staff and the players didn't seem to care all that much so why should I.

51 minutes ago, kgor93 said:

For as long as I can remember, this team has always played to the level of its' competition. We lack the killer instinct that teams like the Patriots have. I expect us to start slow and overcome a 10-0 or so deficit, then pull away in the second half.

That score makes me cringe.

I know....but unfortunetly our beloved team is in the "make u cringe" business lately.

- The 'Skins have 23 players in the Concussion Protocol. 

- They're on ridiculously short rest.  MNF to Saturday really shouldn't happen.

- They have the worst defensive coordinator in the league

- They match the stupidity of the coordinator with mediocre talent.

- They can't figure out what the hell is going on on offense.  It's been since Thanksgiving since the offense has actually played well.

- Reed is out, or should be, because he's useless in his current state.  I'd personally IR him. 

- There is nobody on earth who can explain the reason why certain players are playing.  (Whittner, Luavao are 2 that I can name.)

The chances of the 'Skins winning next week are about the same as mine of running into Scarlett Johansson at the mall and her asking me if I want a 3-some with her and Melissa Benoist. I mean, it could happen, but it's highly unlikely. 

7 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

...the fact that we are entertaining a Mara fan's random ass thread is something.

are you betting on this game? I'm confused 

Tom's not a random Giants fan.

But to answer OP, Bears are playing a beaten up, inconsistent redskins team at home, so of course they stand a chance.  Bears play hard, so I need a couple more days before I can commit to how I feel about this.  Less then 24 hours after a prototypical Redskins Fedex MNF game, I need a minute.  The further I get away from this game, the more I'm not shocked by the results considering the injuries on Defense and who was starting for us.  It's borderline uncompetitive, our inside linebacker and safety game is the titanic sinking over and over again, it never misses the iceberg.

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

...the fact that we are entertaining a Mara fan's random ass thread is something.

are you betting on this game? I'm confused 

LOL...I didn't want to be THAT guy because I know Tom is a respected opposing team fan, but why is another teams fan starting a prediction thread on a Redskins site?

Archived