Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins @ Bears.....how do you guys see this game going?

Tom [Giants fan]

1 minute ago, Riggo-toni said:

The Bears suck. People are overreacting to an absolutely horrible performance last night. The Bears will be a nice bounce back game...if only to knock us out of being able to draft a franchise savior come April and push Cousins's asking price a bit further out of reach.

We haven't played good since the GB game and Chicago showed heart, something we sure didn't show last night. 

The Bears suck, but the 'Skins don't walk over any team right now.  The offense doesn't score enough points to take pressure off a bad defense.  The defense's one calling card right now is that they actually keep teams out of the endzone more times then not, but because the offense is fading and not scoring points, the defense has been over-burdened with the task of keeping games close.

Do I think the 'Skins will win?  Probably, but it will an ugly game that looks like it could go either way until the end most likely.

TOM!!!..always awesome to see ya around..ur a breath of fresh air to see after that..other(panthers)fan..anyway.. my wife is from Chicago and so this will be extremely fun this Sunday we always beat the Bears but if the Skins have the same mindset Sunday as they did last night they have no right winning but it should be looked at as a game where we should walk all over them but as you know they say Any Given Sunday.... I love Brandon Scherff... There's no one else I would have rather drafted I'm extremely jealous you have Collins I love Scherff absolute stud beastly maniamal...I love Collins I'm jealous...glad we got Scherff instead lol u get my point... Best of luck rest of the season except week 17 haha

2 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

We aren't walking all over anyone.. Players, coaches and fans alike are easily fooled I guess. W/L aside, this team should be past the point of getting embarrassed at home, on MNF.. The culture is sour or something.. No heart.

Very well said...I mean what the.... Since the early nineties we haven't really had the best luck playing on Sunday night and Monday nights or Thursday nights or Saturday nights yeah we've won some and definitely have lost our fair share and I don't know what has been going on the last few games I don't know if it's something in the locker room or what but yeah you could see no heart whatsoever on that sideline, it was when we were down by however many points but we were still in the game and there was no motivation on the sideline,..no one firing up anyone they were all just  blaaahh..how cold was it?...I understand not being all chippy and cheery being out in the cold cold weather but it wasn't that cold was it?..they all looked frozen... 

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

The Bears suck. People are overreacting to an absolutely horrible performance last night. The Bears will be a nice bounce back game...if only to knock us out of being able to draft a franchise savior come April and push Cousins's asking price a bit further out of reach.

They have a bad record, but they've pushed both Detroit and GB in the last 2 weeks, and could have won both of those games.

They also have a beast at RB.  We have no defense.

I predict the NFL rushing record will be broken next week.

You wanna know how the game will turn out?

A loss. 

Right now, every team, and I mean EVERY team, knows exactly how to attack this defense and be successful at it.

The d-line cannot get penetration, and when they do, the secondary is so far away from receivers they can't catch them in time to do anything except TRY to tackle, which is another fundamental flaw that our DC doesn't seem to care about.

IMO, when Barry said' as long as we have 1 more point than our opponent then i'm good' [ or something similar ] he is basically saying he expects the offense to bail him out every week, and thats not gonna happen. Offenses have off nights, and thats when the defense is needed the most.

I mean, how in hell does the secondary stand in 1 spot and expect the WR/TE to run right to them? This defensive style is just a half notch above prevent defense; no one challenging receivers, they're only objective is to not get beaten deep, and THAT doesn't even work.

Regarding the Bears, whoever is at RB will have a career day, their TE will have a pro-bowl type game, and you can bet your ass Whitner will be as lost as a vegetarian at a hot dog eating contest.

The Bears took the Packers down to the wire which culminated in a heave down field Rodgers style last week and the Packers eked it out as most of us know.  Point is the Bears are not going to lay down even if they are officially out.  So I expect the same sort of game.  

Skins - 24

Bears - 20

59 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They have a bad record, but they've pushed both Detroit and GB in the last 2 weeks, and could have won both of those games.

Division gaves have a way of motivating a team the way non-division foes cannot. I'll chalk up their close games to Detroit and GB as such. The bears' average margin of defeat against non-division opponents is 11 points. 2 of their 3 wins have come against the division, and the third was against an equally pathetic 49ers squad. I don't know how the game will go, but this is a game we should win. We're a better team.

The bears average 17PPG on offense. If we can't outscore their 16th rated D, then we deserve another bad loss.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This may have been the answer I was looking for.  The fact that the Lions and Packers are the teams they played close was eye opening when you gave your response.  Division games (not involving the Patriots) are usually hard fought, close games.  This may sway me to leave my 3rd team pick as the Redskins for this week.  Not sure I trust the Texans.  Will still over think it for the next few days.

The Bears are tough as hell at home, weather will play a huge part in this game as well. We have to ask ourselves can we get the running game going because passing likely won't come easy and idk.

It will be close this defense can't stop anyone and won't roll on anyone. I can see it going either way to be honest. Yesterday was a season killing game and we could come out flat this week. Nothing to play for but pride now and teams respond differently to that. No reason to tell me we still have a shot at the playoffs I know but falling from 6th to 8th after a game we were at home and favored to win easily is a crushing defeat to those dreams and I don't expect us to get in now. Suspect the players feel that way now too and that's not something you can bet on.

if we win it will be a low scoring game by less then a TD, the range of outcomes after last night is wide open just don't feel great about anything this week. I do think we will come out the following week and play well regardless of this game because it's against the giants but this feels like a hangover week to me

I don't know if it's been said already but chances are it's gonna be cold in Chicago . Maybe they should practice a little less in the bubble this week.  You know get ready to play outside..in the cold..with the wind. I know that we are pretty banged up all over the place but this team looks soft and ill prepared. 

Who knows what team shows up

Bears 24 

Skins 27

8 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

I know that we are pretty banged up all over the place but this team looks soft and ill prepared. 

Who knows what team shows up

Bears 24 

Skins 27

This team IS soft. Portis, BMitch and Cooley saw it. I agree with Portis, we need some dogs on defense. Other than Norman, we have a soft defense.

3 hours ago, Mooka said:

I think we're going to make Jordan Howard look like the Juggernaut from Xmen. 

I fully expect him to lower his shoulder and send half our defense 500ft into the stands. 

He'll be carrying Compton and spaight around like Luke carrying Yoda through the swamp.

Archived