Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

https://wtop.com/local/2017/11/popular-therapy-dog-program-walter-reed-contracted-halted-patient-care/

Popular therapy dog program at Walter Reed contract halted over ‘patient care’

By Amanda Iacone 
and Kate RyanNovember 9, 2017 5:50 pm

WASHINGTON — A program at Fort Belvoir and Walter Reed that pairs wounded veterans with therapy dogs was shut down last month because of concerns about patient care.  

In an email to WTOP, a spokesperson for Walter Reed National Military Medical Center said that a stop work order was issued so that medical officials could “restructure the contract to enhance oversight of patient care.”

Walter Reed apologized for the temporary halt in the popular service and planned to bring back an improved version of the program.

*click link for more*

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ok wow....( I am SO far overdrawn on my wow budget this year). That first article about Johstown is flat out terrifying, and especially so since you have to figure the reporter culled the interviews somewhat. How much worse might you hear on a daily basis that wouldn't get said to a reporter?

There is no discussion with these people, I do not know what anyone might possibly do with these millions that are so deep in their religious cult mania ( because honestly I cannot think of any other accurate description). It is flatout impossible to even begin to help people that deny facts, recoil from and reject facts, refuse retraining to stumble back to the mines, etc. Just exactly like addicts you cannot help them until they hit rock bottom and admit reality to ask for help, and there is not even a flicker of realization amongst them.

It may seem harsh, it does to me, but we might actually have to have a huge die off in order to rid ourselves of this insanity. Johnstown needs to pull a Jonestown.

40 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

It may seem harsh, it does to me, but we might actually have to have a huge die off in order to rid ourselves of this insanity. Johnstown needs to pull a Jonestown.

Thing is, it's no different there than many other rural, red state areas. There is a lot of thinking like this in central PA also. 

Either Lombardi Skins Fan or Ellasar (forget which one, maybe both) would agree. Rural West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Carolinas, Georgia, etc. surely have those thinking the same way as these Johnstown folks. 

7 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Thing is, it's no different there than many other rural, red state areas. There is a lot of thinking like this in central PA also. 

Either Lombardi Skins Fan or Ellasar (forget which one, maybe both) would agree. Rural West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Carolinas, Georgia, etc. surely have those thinking the same way as these Johnstown folks. 

You are absolutely right but it begs the question, how does anyone ever do something here? The reality is that the steel mills are not coming back, I don't care who you pray to, coal isn't coming back, there are jobs unfilled because none of them can even pass a drug test. None of them acknowledge simple, basic, obvious facts, and have instead thrown themselves and their families very lives down some dark hole of mania. I am honestly not straining towards hyperbole here, I do not know how else to describe it, it is insane. And yet it is.

I feel for these people, I honestly do. I'm a refugee from the Rust Belt, I saw what was going on, and I accept that the vast majority of it was entirely out of their hands. There never was anything they could do to alter the course of events. But you cannot still be sitting in the same mouldering little towns without jobs or money or prospects and not DO anything! And for the record, sitting on your ass blaming someone, anyone, everyone does not count as doing something.

I've come to the conclusion that Trump worship is the right wing version of White Guilt. They don't feel bad for the treatment of others, mind you, they feel bad for their own failures.  It's our own fault that our lives suck and we need a dadd....umm President, that will punish us for our failure to become one percenters and reward his good kids who did.  

I actually go to Johnstown a few times a year. My best friend from college is from there. Owns a bar and beer distributor. It's a depressing place. They all know it. They also take a weird pride in it. That article wasn't shocking at all after going there for years. One of the fastest shrinking cities in the US. 

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Seriously dude, you're friggin obsessed with this stuff.

did you read the article or are you just saying "I am obsessed with this stuff" because it makes you uncomfortable to think about race critically?

Del Signore said he’s been following politics far more than before because of Trump. Trump, he said, is just “more interesting.” So now he likes watching the news. “Ninety-nine percent of the time I watch Fox,” he said. “Sometimes I’ll be sitting there listening to all this Fox stuff, and I’ll say, ‘Maybe they aren’t right, maybe I’ll flip to CNN’—but every time I’ve found that Fox has been correct, and CNN is definitely fake news.” A Catholic whose wife goes to church every Sunday, whereas he, “shame on me,” does not, Del Signore told me toward the end of our lunch that some people at church told his wife that Obama is the antichrist. “She comes home and tells me these things that they tell you in church,” he said. I asked him whether that’s what he thinks. “I don’t know,” he said. “Some people say that.”

More than anything, what seemed to upset the people I spoke with was the National Football League players who have knelt during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality.

“As far as I’m concerned,” Frear told me, “if I was the boss of these teams, I would tell ’em, ‘You get your asses out there and you play, or you’re not here anymore.’ They’re paying their salaries, for God’s sake.”

“Shame on them,” Del Signore said over his alfredo. “These clowns are out there, making millions of dollars a year, and they’re using some stupid excuse that they want equality—so I’ll kneel against the flag and the national anthem?”

“You’re not a fan of equality?” I asked.

“For people who deserve it and earn it,” he said. “All my ancestors, Italian, 100 percent Italian, the Irish, Germans, Polish, whatever—they all came over here, settled in places like this, they worked hard and they earned the respect. They earned the success that they got. Some people don’t want to do that. They just want it handed to them.”

“Like NFL players?” I said.

“Well,” Del Signore responded, “I hate to say what the majority of them are …” He stopped himself short of what I thought he was about to say.

Schilling and her husband, however, did not restrain themselves.

“The thing that irritates me to no end is this NFL ****,” Schilling told me in her living room. “I’m about ready to go over the top with this ****. We do not watch no NFL now.” They’re Dallas Cowboys fans. “We banned ’em. We don’t watch it.”

Schilling looked at her husband, Dave McCabe, who’s 67 and a retired high school basketball coach. She nodded at me. “Tell him,” she said to McCabe, “what you said the NFL is …”

McCabe looked momentarily wary. He laughed a little. “I don’t remember saying that,” he said unconvincingly.

Schilling was having none of it. “You’re the one that told me, liar,” she said.

She looked at me.

The NFL?

“Niggers for life,” Schilling said.

“For life,” McCabe added.

What is one supposed to take away from these passages?

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

did you read the article or are you just saying "I am obsessed with this stuff" because it makes you uncomfortable to think about race critically?

What is one supposed to take away from that passage?

I did read the article and the takeaway isn't a focus on whiteness (the blindness of tribalism would be a more accurate statement of focus in my opinion) and it sure as **** isn't to come to the conclusion of pumping fentanyl into their neighborhood so they all die. You sound like those people who said the same about letting crack run rampant in black communities during the eighties.

Now I get your anger, your rage over the blind hatred and racism and how so many people accept it and enable it and try to minimalize and marginalize the pain and anguish people still deal with today over it. However, that doesn't give you license or justification to follow some of the same behaviors these ****ty people have inflicted upon others.

Racism and prejudice is a human thing, not a white thing and defeating it has to do with the content of our character in both manner and recognition. I am a mix of black, white, and brown (arab) and have felt racism and prejudice from all three groups in my life, so I know well how human a trait it is and the flaws and fears that perpetuate it.

Maybe you realize this, maybe you don't, but every single time you see ugliness like in this article and attribute it primarily to the color of their skin, rather than the flaws in their character, you are reinforcing your own capacity for hate or anger based on skin color. It builds up inside and changes a person and it's a slippery slope.

How we behave, is how we change and acting like the ones you hate will change you into them if you're not careful.

2 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I did read the article and the takeaway isn't a focus on whiteness (the blindness of tribalism would be a more accurate statement of focus in my opinion) and it sure as **** isn't to come to the conclusion of pumping fentanyl into their neighborhood so they all die. You sound like those people who said the same about letting crack run rampant in black communities during the eighties.

Now I get your anger, your rage over the blind hatred and racism and how so many people accept it and enable it and try to minimalize and marginalize the pain and anguish people still deal with today over it. However, that doesn't give you license or justification to follow some of the same behaviors these ****ty people have inflicted upon others.

Racism and prejudice is a human thing, not a white thing and defeating it has to do with the content of our character in both manner and recognition. I am a mix of black, white, and brown (arab) and have felt racism and prejudice from all three groups in my life, so I know well how human a trait it is and the flaws and fears that perpetuate it.

Maybe you realize this, maybe you don't, but every single time you see ugliness like in this article and attribute it primarily to the color of their skin, rather than the flaws in their character, you are reinforcing your own capacity for hate or anger based on skin color. It builds up inside and changes a person and it's a slippery slope.

How we behave, is how we change and acting like the ones you hate will change you into them if you're not careful.

I cannot accept this.

There is no reason for anyone in that town to vote for Trump, yet they bought his lies and did anyway. He has literally done nothing that he promised to do and their lives are not anywhere near better. The only thing they have is their whiteness.

It definitely is tribalism, but not for a political party. Trump promised to inflict pain on marginalized people in America, and that is what they are clinging too in their current support of him.

Also, the comparing these evil racists and hoping they die from their opioid addictions versus what happened in black communities in the 80s is misinformed. Black people in black communities were not universally saying "kill these white people." Nor were their any political candidates advocating ethnonationalism for black people. That just was not happening. And the governmental support black communities got was the criminal justice system militarizing those communities and putting many in prison. Nor were their articles that were sympathetic to them and their effed up value system like we are seeing with these cesspool midwestern and southern towns. It is not the same at all, and I am appalled that you tried to make that comparison.

They voted for white nationalism, and wanted it above even helping their community.

This country has done and continues to do the great job of mainstreaming and continuing this nonsensical cordiality with people who think like those people in that article. "we have to appeal to the white working class," is what we hear. That is the white working class. If you want to appeal to those people, then go for it. You can go down too.

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I cannot accept this.

There is no reason for anyone in that town to vote for Trump, yet they bought his lies and did anyway. He has literally done nothing that he promised to do and their lives are not anywhere near better. The only thing they have is their whiteness.

It definitely is tribalism, but not for a political party. Trump promised to inflict pain on marginalized people in America, and that is what they are clinging too in their current support of him.

Also, the comparing these evil racists and hoping they die from their opioid addictions versus what happened in black communities in the 80s is misinformed. Black people in black communities were not universally saying "kill these white people." Nor were their any political candidates advocating ethnonationalism for black people. That just was not happening. And the governmental support black communities got was the criminal justice system militarizing those communities and putting many in prison. Nor were their articles that were sympathetic to them and their effed up value system like we are seeing with these cesspool midwestern and southern towns. It is not the same at all, and I am appalled that you tried to make that comparison.

They voted for white nationalism, and wanted it above even helping their community.

This country has done and continues to do the great job of mainstreaming and continuing this nonsensical cordiality with people who think like those people in that article. "we have to appeal to the white working class," is what we hear. That is the white working class. If you want to appeal to those people, then go for it. You can go down too.

Most of what you articulated in this, particularly the last paragraph, is so much more powerful/meaningful than saying you want to see fentanyl pumped into these communities so that they all die. I think that's what @Fresh8686 may have been getting at. 

Archived