Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Most of what you articulated in this, particularly the last paragraph, is so much more powerful/meaningful than saying you want to see fentanyl pumped into these communities so that they all die. I think that's what @Fresh8686 may have been getting at. 

Im just angry that we are listening to these racists people speak and validating them and policy is being catered to them.

They are only clinging to their whiteness. I don't care about them and their fate. 

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Whiteness means more to these people than anything else.

We should pump communities like this with fentanyl and make sure they go away.

Yea because you are sure EVERY person is this town feels this way.  So why not just massacre the whole town? There was another guy in history of wide spread genocide based on the way HE FELT about their beliefs.  His name escapes me at the moment.  Had a funny little mustache.....

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea because you are sure EVERY person is this town feels this way.  So why not just massacre the whole town? There was another guy in history of wide spread genocide based on the way HE FELT about their beliefs.  His name escapes me at the moment.  Had a funny little mustache.....

Andrew Jackson?

Jefferson Davis?

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

did you read the article or are you just saying "I am obsessed with this stuff" because it makes you uncomfortable to think about race critically?

it doesn't make me uncomfortable at all. I said it because with you, it's EVERY SINGLE POST IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD. I actually started to read the article last night but gave up on it before I got to the NFL part... but yeah, I still stand by my comment that you have an unhealthy obsession with the subject.

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I cannot accept this.

There is no reason for anyone in that town to vote for Trump, yet they bought his lies and did anyway. He has literally done nothing that he promised to do and their lives are not anywhere near better. The only thing they have is their whiteness.

It definitely is tribalism, but not for a political party. Trump promised to inflict pain on marginalized people in America, and that is what they are clinging too in their current support of him.

Also, the comparing these evil racists and hoping they die from their opioid addictions versus what happened in black communities in the 80s is misinformed. Black people in black communities were not universally saying "kill these white people." Nor were their any political candidates advocating ethnonationalism for black people. That just was not happening. And the governmental support black communities got was the criminal justice system militarizing those communities and putting many in prison. Nor were their articles that were sympathetic to them and their effed up value system like we are seeing with these cesspool midwestern and southern towns. It is not the same at all, and I am appalled that you tried to make that comparison.

They voted for white nationalism, and wanted it above even helping their community.

This country has done and continues to do the great job of mainstreaming and continuing this nonsensical cordiality with people who think like those people in that article. "we have to appeal to the white working class," is what we hear. That is the white working class. If you want to appeal to those people, then go for it. You can go down too.

First, you said "We should pump communities like this with fentanyl and make sure they go away." You didn't say I hope they die from opiod addiction, you talked about actively killing off a whole community, which is by definition genocide. To me that is synonymous in intent to those people who wished to pump drugs into black communities so they would also self-destruct.

Secondly, you say "there is no REASON for anyone in that town to vote for trump"  but man, tribalism has very little to do with reason, especially in this case. You've got people who have given up, who have been under chronic stress, hopelessness, and fear for years and who feel left behind and discarded from the American dream. I don't say that to excuse their hateful ways, but to diagnose the dynamics at play that are changing these people into the hateful creatures they are representing themselves to be. That chronic exposure of fear and anger has biological effects on a person, it changes their brain, making them more volatile and less reasonable and it can and does extend over generations. 

Then you get Trump with his bull**** and abrasive braggadocio and then these very same people have an outlet, however ineffectual for some of the pressures they face.

You wonder why they flock to trump? It's like falling off the edge of a cliff and all you have to stop your fall is a blade of grass. You know rationally that that grass won't hold you up, it's gonna break and let you down, but when you're sliding and that's all you see in front of you, you're going to grab onto it regardless. There are people who see Trump as that weak blade of grass. And they also act just like those victims of abuse who defend and apologize for the very same person abusing them. And yes, there is a good portion who become twisted by their abuse and become abusers themselves. The jailed becoming the jailers, I seen many cases of this dynamic across many cultures and classes of people. Again, it's a human dynamic, a horrible, disgusting, tragic human dynamic of corruption from corruption. 

I am not absolving these people of their responsibility, or excusing their hate and destruction. I reject and resist every bit of that ****. I am instead getting past my anger at these stupid mother****ers so I can figure out a way to make things better. Because if we don't then these people will continue to regress and become more destructive. And that is the place where terroists and mass shooters are cultivated, hate-filled, hopeless people ready to be wound up and manipulated so they self-destruct for some greedy asshole's evil ends.

Look, all you can do with hateful, destructive people is three things: change, contain, or destroy them. My aim is to figure out the best way to change them for the long-term, while containing those I can't and doing my best not to destroy anyone in the process. That goes for all destructive people, not just racists with white skin tone. 

Deputy chief of staff Rick Dearborn — a former top aide to Jeff Sessions in the Senate who played a central role during the presidential transition — is expected to be reassigned to the Commerce Department or another federal agency, according to multiple administration officials and outside advisers familiar with plans for the staff change.

Dearborn’s portfolio over the past year has covered high-level assignments, including helping to organize the president’s schedule. But that job has since been passed to another deputy chief of staff, Joe Hagin, while Dearborn has become increasingly marginalized internally since Kelly’s arrival in late July.

Dearborn’s departure would make him the latest in a growing conga line of West Wing aides who started on Inauguration Day but failed to last a full year. It would help Kelly clear the ranks of staffers he inherited from his predecessor Reince Priebus, whose tenure was marked by infighting and competition between loyalists brought in from the Republican National Committee and alumni of Trump’s renegade campaign.

Kelly is also preparing to replace his deputy Kirstjen Nielsen, who is awaiting confirmation to fill Kelly’s old job as secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Nielsen has been working full-time from the White House while preparing for her Senate confirmation hearings, multiple officials said, but is expected to leave after she is confirmed.

Nielsen has rankled West Wing colleagues with her rigid style, and her DHS nomination — a rare elevation of a staffer to a Cabinet-level position — is seen internally as Kelly’s attempt to continue wielding control over the department that oversees critical elements of the president’s agenda, like the travel ban, border wall construction and immigration enforcement.

12 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

it doesn't make me uncomfortable at all. I said it because with you, it's EVERY SINGLE POST IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD. I actually started to read the article last night but gave up on it before I got to the NFL part... but yeah, I still stand by my comment that you have an unhealthy obsession with the subject.

I called Trump a B.A.D. Was that about race?

I post a lot in the Wizards and NBA threads too about sports. I reject you making a false accusation about me like that. 

3 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

First, you said "We should pump communities like this with fentanyl and make sure they go away." You didn't say I hope they die from opiod addiction, you talked about actively killing off a whole community, which is by definition genocide. To me that is synonymous in intent to those people who wished to pump drugs into black communities so they would also self-destruct.

Secondly, you say "there is no REASON for anyone in that town to vote for trump"  but man, tribalism has very little to do with reason, especially in this case. You've got people who have given up, who have been under chronic stress, hopelessness, and fear for years and who feel left behind and discarded from the American dream. I don't say that to excuse their hateful ways, but to diagnose the dynamics at play that are changing these people into the hateful creatures they are representing themselves to be. That chronic exposure of fear and anger has biological effects on a person, it changes their brain, making them more volatile and less reasonable and it can and does extend over generations. 

Then you get Trump with his bull**** and abrasive braggadocio and then these very same people have an outlet, however ineffectual for some of the pressures they face.

You wonder why they flock to trump? It's like falling off the edge of a cliff and all you have to stop your fall is a blade of grass. You know rationally that that grass won't hold you up, it's gonna break and let you down, but when you're sliding and that's all you see in front of you, you're going to grab onto it regardless. There are people who see Trump as that weak blade of grass. And they also act just like those victims of abuse who defend and apologize for the very same person abusing them. And yes, there is a good portion who become twisted by their abuse and become abusers themselves. The jailed becoming the jailers, I seen many cases of this dynamic across many cultures and classes of people. Again, it's a human dynamic, a horrible, disgusting, tragic human dynamic of corruption from corruption. 

I am not absolving these people of their responsibility, or excusing their hate and destruction. I reject and resist every bit of that ****. I am instead getting past my anger at these stupid mother****ers so I can figure out a way to make things better. Because if we don't then these people will continue to regress and become more destructive. And that is the place where terroists and mass shooters are cultivated, hate-filled, hopeless people ready to be wound up and manipulated so they self-destruct for some greedy asshole's evil ends.

Look, all you can do with hateful, destructive people is three things: change, contain, or destroy them. My aim is to figure out the best way to change them for the long-term, while containing those I can't and doing my best not to destroy anyone in the process. That goes for all destructive people, not just racists with white skin tone. 

Genocide - the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

I will admit that I probably went too far with the fentanyl post, but my point was more that these people do not even care about themselves. Saying that, I did not advocate for genocide. Thats not what that post said.

The part where we diverge is that you think this is tribalism, but want to exclude race from it. I am telling you it is tribalism and it is completely down to race, sexuality, with a changing world.

They are not changing. I want them to change, but they are not changing. These are their values and have always been. I am done with appealing to them.

The right has shown us the true path to fixing this problem.

Gerrymander them.

But wait, isn't gerrymandering bad?

Well yes, but in this instance it is clearly the lesser of the two evils.  We probably only need 20 years of good governance to A) innoculate a supermajority of the pop, and B) by that point a large percentage of the problematic population will have naturally left this world.

But also wait, isn't SCOTUS likely to strike a deathblow to gerrymandering in the near future?

Also yes, but if for some reason they don't, then frankly the right has no one to blame but themselves.

And further, even if SCOTUS does, that doesn't mean we can't take advantage of the wobble.  Y'know, the natural wobble that exists in representative democracies because you fundamentally have to group people in order to have representatives.

Democrats have made huge inroads among educated populations.  It would be child's play to pull together a dream team of academics who could replicate, maybe, say 60% of the present situation but in the opposite direction.  A toe on the scale, so to say, but make it nearly imperceptable to the average viewer.

See the funny thing is the right has been heavy handed, they're jumping up and down on the scale and then throwing dumbbells on it on top of that.  But subtlety isn't that hard.

Then everyone gets what they want.  They can make dumb decisions and vote for morons, while the nation at large is mostly sparred from the horrors of the machinations of their (addled) minds.

20 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Genocide - the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

I will admit that I probably went too far with the fentanyl post, but my point was more that these people do not even care about themselves. Saying that, I did not advocate for genocide. Thats not what that post said.

The part where we diverge is that you think this is tribalism, but want to exclude race from it. I am telling you it is tribalism and it is completely down to race, sexuality, with a changing world.

They are not changing. I want them to change, but they are not changing. These are their values and have always been. I am done with appealing to them.

Respect for reigning back on the fentanyl post.

One thing though, I am not excluding race from tribalism, it is definitely a huge factor at play with in-group/out-group dynamics. I've literally watched as people's brain's shifted when they found out my background and then all of a sudden I was a part of their "tribe". I've also seen it the other way, when they found out I was "mixed" and got pushed out.

The thing is, it's not JUST that and when the focus is on counter-acting the mental disease that causes racism, you have to see through it and look deeper at things like how a sense of inferiority about oneself can push a person to counteract that feeling by clinging to false narratives of racial superiority in order to prop up their identity and view of themselves. How people will adopt racist rhetoric for acceptance into a group as a way to leverage protection and access and privilege (noticed that while in prison). The delusional views people have of others outside their in-group, because they lack any real intimate interactions that would provide first-hand context of their humanity. The lazy thinking and proclivity for demonizing, the tendency to think and react in extremes, and see things in binary, with such simplicity that nuance is corrupted and unable to be properly internalized. The lack of self-responsibility and accountability that creates a breeding ground for the scape-goating of others for their lack of progress and success.

These are all things that happen across all skin colors, because it is a human problem and it has to be handled, piece by piece across all humanity.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I called Trump a B.A.D. Was that about race?

I post a lot in the Wizards and NBA threads too about sports. I reject you making a false accusation about me like that.

I was being hyperbolic. Obviously it's not literally every single post you make. It's a lot of them though. And no, i'm not uncomfortable talking about it nor do I think racism doesn't exist or what have you. Bu listen, I don't know who you're talking to or what materials you're getting your info from but you might want to consider the possibility that you have gone beyond rational and are now bordering on radical.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Handle was MassachusettsSkins or something to that effect.  He was amazing.  Anyone remember him?

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I DO remember that guy actually. He was the one that Dan Snyder was doing a better job than Robert Kraft, right?

Not sure he was even a football fan.  I think he mostly wanted to kill people in large numbers, and was not really repentant about that.  

To me, this isn't about tribalism.  If it was, Democrats would clean up by running white people with rural backgrounds that also were acceptable to African Americans.  Somebody like the Democrat for VA Governor with a background in poor rural Eastern Shore of VA would have done well in Southern VA (and clearly he did well in the more suburban and urban areas) compared to somebody that grew up in NJ and only connection to VA was working for the federal government in and around DC.

These people have shown repeatedly that they'll reject those kinds of people to vote for people that aren't of their tribe (rural poor whites voting for NYC, wealthy, silver spoon Donald Trump).

This is about holding people down so they aren't at the bottom of the totem pole.  These people have issues with self-confidence and inferiority complex, but they aren't at the bottom (right now).  They also don't care what happens at the top or how far they are from it.  They don't care if the wealthy screw this country so that they can collect more money than be spent in 100 life times as long as they can look around and see people below them.

**EDIT**
I once read a thing about the relationship between Springsteen and the blue color and lower class.  And the point was made, he got famous by doing music that they connected with, but now they've largely abandoned him (and he them) because of politics.  I think that story is really incomplete, because it ignores that there has been a generational change.

You take My Hometown.  That was done 30 years ago.  A lot of those people and families did get out and now are white color and technology based workers.

The people that stayed were the least ambitious, the least intelligent, the least brave, and had the least self-confidence.  They are the middle school bully that yeah in 6th grade is the top of the heap and uses their bullying to hide and cover up their other short comings, but longer term is headed for failure.

But these people no longer have the ability to hold other people down.  That's why Trump appeals to them.  He is bullying and holding others down on their behalf.

Archived