Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Arbitrator rules that FAA chief aided retaliation case

A U.S. Labor Department judge says the head of the Federal Aviation Administration helped Delta Air Lines retaliate against a pilot who raised safety concerns while he was an executive with the airline.

An administrative law judge for the department ruled that Stephen Dickson and other Delta executives steered a human-resources procedure so that the pilot would undergo a psychiatric evaluation that independent doctors deemed unwarranted.

Delta said Monday that it plans to appeal the ruling. The FAA declined to comment on the ruling, instead pointing to Dickson’s past comments on the case, including that he wasn’t deeply involved in it.

The pilot, Karlene Petitt sued Atlanta-based Delta in a Labor Department administrative proceeding in 2016. In the decision dated last week, administrative law judge Scott Morris agreed with Petitt that Delta ordered the psychiatric review to punish her after she raised safety issues including forcing pilots to fly when fatigued.

The judge said Delta failed to produce evidence of any shortcomings in Petitt’s performance as a pilot.

“Not a single witness questioned her flying acumen,” Morris wrote in a decision running more than 100 pages. Instead, he said, the evidence suggests Delta manipulated its process “to achieve a desired outcome.”

Dickson’s role came to light in July 2019 as Congress considered his nomination by President Donald Trump to head the FAA. Lawmakers complained that Dickson failed to disclose his involvement in the case even though he had given a seven-hour deposition in the case a few months earlier.

Click on the link for the full article

46 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Is Mike Pence in British Columbia right now? If not, what is B.C. Assessment on the receipt?

He's in Vail, according to the news.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I had a friend wait on RG3 years ago, he claimed he didn't tip at all.

I know for a fact Tiger Woods doesn't. 

Okay. I don't mind at all threads sometimes going off the rails,especially the one where many of the posts recent went. However I went ahead and started a thread about Tipping and put those posts for the most part there.  

Have at it there gang.

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

A description that fits a whole lot of jobs. 

And the fact that they're grossly underpaid is a reason why they ought to get paid more, and include that pay in the stated price of the item. 

Underpaid and tipped minimum wage are two different things. 

But yes they should be paid more, guess what though, that means the restaurants will have to charge more, Either way you're gonna end up paying that 20%.

2 minutes ago, PCS said:

Okay. I don't mind at all threads sometimes going off the rails,especially the one where many of the posts recent went. However I went ahead and started a thread about Tipping and put those posts for the most part there.  

Have at it there gang.

sorry saw this after my last post.

Trump extends restrictions on work visas, says coronavirus pandemic still disrupts 'American livelihoods'

President Trump ordered an extension Thursday of immigration restrictions limiting the issuance of some work visas as the U.S. economy contends with the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump extended the term of his executive order just hours before it was set to expire. The order will now expire at the end of March, extending into President-elect Joe Biden’s first term in office.

The White House has argued the restrictions are necessary to project job opportunities for American workers amid a surge in unemployment during the pandemic. In a proclamation detailing the move, Trump noted that COVID-19 "continues to significantly disrupt Americans' livelihoods."

Click on the link for the full article

7 hours ago, visionary said:

Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton voted the same way as Hawley, as the three Ivy League faux populists make it clear that the race for the 2024 GOP nomination will be a race to the bottom.

The question to be asked here is who's bottom Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton and Hawley are racing towards

199732.png.137d971b0dd2fd6ae48ce6f5e053d50a.png

1 hour ago, visionary said:

"The wins".  

1)  NK got something they've been wanting for 50 years, and have always been told no.  

2)  Trump got a photo op with the dictator who played him.  

Did I miss any other "wins"?  

Archived