Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

The Wreckage Betsy DeVos Leaves Behind

The departing education secretary, Betsy DeVos, will be remembered as perhaps the most disastrous leader in the Education Department’s history. Her lack of vision has been apparent in a variety of contexts, but never more so than this fall when she told districts that were seeking guidance on how to operate during the coronavirus pandemic that it was not her responsibility to track school district infection rates or keep track of school reopening plans. This telling remark implies a vision of the Education Department as a mere bystander in a crisis that disrupted the lives of more than 50 million schoolchildren.

If the Senate confirms President-elect Joe Biden’s nominee, Miguel Cardona, as Ms. DeVos’s successor, he will face the herculean task of clearing away the wreckage left by his predecessor — while helping the states find a safe and equitable path to reopening schools.

Beyond that, the new secretary needs to quickly reverse a range of corrosive DeVos-era policies, including initiatives that rolled back civil rights protections for minority children as well as actions that turned the department into a subsidiary of predatory for-profit colleges that saddle students with crushing debt while granting them useless degrees.

Click on the link for more

Trump cheapening the Medal of Freedom:

Trump to give ally Nunes the Presidential Medal of Freedom

President Trump on Monday is expected to give Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor, according to someone familiar with the plans.

Nunes is a close ally of the president, and one of Trump’s most vocal supporters in his quest to undermine the Justice Department’s investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Trump — who is using his final days in the White House in part to reward friends and allies with pardons and other decorations — is also expected to give Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), another confidant, the same award next week, although those plans have not yet been finalized.

Click on the link for the full article

Devin Nunes' Cow deserves it more than Devin Nunes does.

Nunes AND Gym Jordan next week, per the Washington Post's Ashley Parker.  The Orange Buffoon has debased the Presidency and, with the award to Limbaugh and now to these two GOP hacks, he has debased the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

7 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Devin Nunes' Cow deserves it more than Devin Nunes does.

Nunes AND Gym Jordan next week, per the Washington Post's Ashley Parker.  The Orange Buffoon has debased the Presidency and, with the award to Limbaugh and now to these two GOP hacks, he has debased the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Members of congress who are currently serving should not be eligible to receive honors like this, absolutely ridiculous. 

11 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Also, to be filed under "It's not just Trump, it;s the entire GOP":  

They're accepting it.  

5 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Time to retire the Medal Of Freedom.  Never give another one out, but create a new untainted medal to replace it.  And issue it to all of the previous deserving recipients.

See, i would not do that.
i would issue an executive order and take them back. Strip them of it. Publicly proclaim that they have no business wearing it, and never earned it. 
Say out loud that they were given it by a traitor to these United States, and disavow them and him permanently.

Don't let them taint it. We owe it to the others who have earned to keep the honor intact.

~Bang

1 hour ago, Bang said:

See, i would not do that.
i would issue an executive order and take them back. Strip them of it. Publicly proclaim that they have no business wearing it, and never earned it. 
Say out loud that they were given it by a traitor to these United States, and disavow them and him permanently.

Don't let them taint it. We owe it to the others who have earned to keep the honor intact.

~Bang

Is that an option?  I'm onboard.

27 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, Bill Cosby has one so (1) the award is already tainted and (2) it is well established that there is no mechanism for rescinding one.  

To be fair, though Bill Cosby is a a psychopathic monster, he managed to act like a kind human being in public for decades.  These current recipients have zero redeeming qualities.

21 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

To be fair, though Bill Cosby is a a psychopathic monster, he managed to act like a kind human being in public for decades.  These current recipients have zero redeeming qualities.

Yeah, there's a difference between giving an award to someone who you don't know is a psychopath, and giving someone an award for being one.  

18 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Bill Cosby: sexual abuser

Jim Jordan: covered up sexual abuse

To make the point and begin the medal of freedom's redemption arc, the first medal of freedom Biden should award should be given to a person(or people) who was sexually abused and despite that succeeded, spoke out, and helped other victims (e.g. Stevie Gould...sadly any number of people to pick).

On 10/21/2020 at 12:51 PM, bcl05 said:

On 10/21/2020 at 12:57 PM, China said:

From the article:

Also in the article:

Sure Rudy, he didn't get you, you're fine with being seen as ephebophilic lech.

‘Borat 2’ Director Reveals What Really Happened With Rudy Giuliani: ‘My Jaw Hit the Floor’

Well, I was watching it as it was going. I was in a control room kind of hidden right there. And Sacha was hidden in a cubby that we had built into a little closet and he and I were texting because he couldn’t see what was going on. And so I was watching the feed. There were hidden cameras, obviously. So we’re unable to communicate with Maria, but we’re just trying to text with Sacha to determine when is the right time to jump out.

Yeah, like how far do you want this thing to go?

Right, because at a certain point it’s not funny anymore. It’s just a sting operation. So we’re texting with him, we’re watching. So they’re doing this interview. He’s saying all these shocking things about COVID and all this racist stuff about Chinese people. And then we have the first beat of it when Sacha comes in as the boom guy and that’s step one. There’s a chance, step one, he sees Sacha in what I think is the most absurd costume of the movie—it could blow up. Rudy could be like, what the **** is that? And it doesn’t. If we just got that, we could maybe put something together. We didn’t want to just get that, but every step of the way is like, OK, let’s try it again. There was actually a beat that we shot where we pushed in a room-service tray and Sacha was hiding underneath it. We were doing this kind of farcical thing where he’s trying to communicate with her again and we wound up cutting it out of the movie. Again, Rudy didn’t discover anything weird, his radar didn’t go up.

Maybe not the most observant person.

Maybe not. But I will say, in person—I took him up in the elevator. I brought him into the room. I introduced them and I left. But you see him on TV and he looks so crazy. He was a lot more with it than I expected. He just seemed a lot sharper than we now imagine him to be. And then the interview happens and she’s talking about how nervous she is and how much she admires him. And then the interview winds down and they go into the bedroom. And of course there are no visible cameras in the bedroom. And then it’s really as you see it. He’s touching her shoulder, he’s asking for her number. He sits on the bed, he touches her lower back. And every moment of that we were watching thinking, “Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God.”

That’s what I was thinking watching the movie!

Yeah, imagine watching that in real life, a few feet away. And then he lies down and he puts his hand down his pants. My jaw hit the floor. It was one of those moments you never forget. And that’s when we said, “OK, Sacha, I think it’s time to go in now.”

So you didn’t buy the ‘I was just tucking in my shirt’ excuse?

You know, I’ve been doing this for a long time. I’ve seen a lot of people get microphones applied and removed. I’ve never seen anyone have to lie on a bed and put their hands down their pants.

Click on the link for the full interview

Archived