Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

there is still 99.9% biden versus trump signage that i have seen in mclean..... i have only seen 3 trump signs in the whole area.........

...... but.....  2 of the 3 i have seen are on the same block, only one block from my house :( 

one was this annoying asshole that i already was already finding many reasons to dislke, but the other is a friendly outgoing young family (that moved into a tear-down mcMansion in the last two years)

i am not particularly proud of the fact that i simply can NOT view those people the same.  ever.   it is an un-erasable smear on my perception  of both their intelligence and their morality (the utter lack of both that is required to fly a flag for this utter piece of **** after everything that we have seen over the last 4 years).   it is a bad sign of the extreme polarization of our society... but i won't be giving them another chance.

33 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

there is still 99.9% biden versus trump signage that i have seen in mclean..... i have only seen 3 trump signs in the whole area.........

Edit

i am not particularly proud of the fact that i simply can NOT view those people the same.  ever.   it is an un-erasable smear on my perception  of both their intelligence and their morality (the utter lack of both that is required to fly a flag for this utter piece of **** after everything that we have seen over the last 4 years).   it is a bad sign of the extreme polarization of our society... but i won't be giving them another chance.

This is where I am at and honestly it bothers me to no end. I am just not sure how we can come back from this. Once I know someone is a trump supporter it changes my entire view of who they are in the most negative way. I recently found out someone I truly respected is a big trump supporter. We had some recent facebook interaction where he finally pretty much said, it really does not matter what facts you point out, I still believe in trump. I no longer feel I can trust this person's opinion on anything. And I used to work for him and our families would do vacations together. He is one of the most intellectually smart people I have ever known - a crazy good electrical engineer. He taught me so much. It's so sad. 

But how do we get back from here. How do we come back from this cliff? Because I am certain he is thinking the exact same thing about me but in reverse. How can I support the Dems who are clearly out to steal the American dream right out from under us and throw this country into a despotic rule that includes extreme leftist ideals that turn into communism that turn into the destruction of everything we know to be true. This is the line they believe. He even said that about biden that he is an extreme leftist mole who is further left than Bernie Sanders  (The standard bearer for leftist extremism so I am told). 

On 9/14/2020 at 12:03 PM, goskins10 said:

This is where I am at and honestly it bothers me to no end. I am just not sure how we can come back from this. Once I know someone is a trump supporter it changes my entire view of who they are in the most negative way. I recently found out someone I truly respected is a big trump supporter. We had some recent facebook interaction where he finally pretty much said, it really does not matter what facts you point out, I still believe in trump. I no longer feel I can trust this person's opinion on anything. And I used to work for him and our families would do vacations together. He is one of the most intellectually smart people I have ever known - a crazy good electrical engineer. He taught me so much. It's so sad. 

But how do we get back from here. How do we come back from this cliff? Because I am certain he is thinking the exact same thing about me but in reverse. How can I support the Dems who are clearly out to steal the American dream right out from under us and throw this country into a despotic rule that includes extreme leftist ideals that turn into communism that turn into the destruction of everything we know to be true. This is the line they believe. He even said that about biden that he is an extreme leftist mole who is further left than Bernie Sanders  (The standard bearer for leftist extremism so I am told). 

i understand (and share) the angst.... but frankly that guy sounds like a booger-eating-moron that could be sold ANY idiotic crap.   you are right to never trust his opinion on anything ever again

(edit:  the part i highlighted above doesn't show up unless you expand the quote...)

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

Totally opposite where I live in central PA.

Really?   i honestly had seen hundreds, and maybe even over a thousand biden or anti-trump signs before i saw even one single trump sign.   now in the last 2 weeks there have been 3 (but the third was over 5 miles from my house... actually in Great Falls, not even in the same town)

I'm in the Susquehanna Valley. In my hometown of MIllersburg, there is literally 3 Biden signs. 

Meant to quote you McSluggo, but forgot to do so but my post was in reference to yours...

Keep in mind, PA's political map is basically a "T". Philly and Pittsburgh make up the area beside the vertical part of the "T", the rest of the state is solid red.

We live in a world where most conservatives think twitter accounts represent the DNC.  All those "why I left the left" people making videos, right off the bat most are fake, they aren't "former liberals" for the most part.  You listen to them for two minutes and it is abundantly clear they are reciting a script and not being candid.  It reminds me of Dennis Miller, when he decided to become a conservative based on a few clowns calling George Bush Hitler sometime during his first.........as if people weren't calling Bill Clinton a communist all the time yet that didn't seem to bother him nearly as much.

I'm sorry but if you were a liberal or even a democrat, and claim you are voting for Trump as part of "seeing the light" you better be able to articulate why you with more than some alt-right anecdotes about "cancel culture" and "brainwashed" and "thinking for myself" because usually when these people are confronted about the actual issues, they are exposed as never really having been a liberal in the first place. 

Most of these people are just looking to cash in on a lucrative trend the way Glenn Beck (failed shock jock) did, and Dana Loesch (failed mommy blog and hollywood washout) did, also Candace Owens, one of the most empty vessel hucksters of them all.

38 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I'm in the Susquehanna Valley. In my hometown of MIllersburg, there is literally 3 Biden signs. 

Meant to quote you McSluggo, but forgot to do so but my post was in reference to yours...

Keep in mind, PA's political map is basically a "T". Philly and Pittsburgh make up the area beside the vertical part of the "T", the rest of the state is solid red.

My relatives live in Williamsport. My uncle is a big Limbaugh fan, even went to his TV show. I know he supports Trump. I don't know about my cousin, she's a few months younger than I. I don't discuss politics with them. 

For the love of gawd, I hope this is not true.  I am sure the #AllLivesMatter crowd will be chiming in any moment now, yeah?! (or, nah?)

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/like-an-experimental-concentration-camp-whistleblower-complaint-alleges-mass-hysterectomies-at-ice-detention-center/

Multiple women came forward to tell Project South about what they perceived to be the inordinate rate at which women in ICDC were subjected to hysterectomies – a surgical operation in which all or part of the uterus is removed. Additionally, many of the immigrant women who underwent the procedure were reportedly “confused” when asked to explain why they had the surgery, with one detainee likening their treatment to prisoners in concentration camps.

“Recently, a detained immigrant told Project South that she talked to five different women detained at ICDC between October and December 2019 who had a hysterectomy done,” the complaint stated. “When she talked to them about the surgery, the women ‘reacted confused when explaining why they had one done.’ The woman told Project South that it was as though the women were ‘trying to tell themselves it’s going to be OK.’”

5 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

...... but.....  2 of the 3 i have seen are on the same block, only one block from my house :( 

one was this annoying asshole that i already was already finding many reasons to dislke, but the other is a friendly outgoing young family (that moved into a tear-down mcMansion in the last two years)

You should come out where I live and see all the Trump stuff and "Blue Lives Matter" flags. Pretty annoying.

Pompeo was 1st in his class at ****ing West Point. Anyone who knows anything about that school knows the extremely rigorous discipline it takes. 

How does a person go from that to being a feckless piece of ****? I don't think I'll ever understand that. 

I know it DID happen, I just can't figure out how. 

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Pompeo was 1st in his class at ****ing West Point. Anyone who knows anything about that school knows the extremely rigorous discipline it takes. 

How does a person go from that to being a feckless piece of ****? I don't think I'll ever understand that. 

I know it DID happen, I just can't figure out how. 

He wants the power

22 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

Really?   i honestly had seen hundreds, and maybe even over a thousand biden or anti-trump signs before i saw even one single trump sign.   now in the last 2 weeks there have been 3 (but the third was over 5 miles from my house... actually in Great Falls, not even in the same town)

19 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

19 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

My relatives live in Williamsport. My uncle is a big Limbaugh fan, even went to his TV show. I know he supports Trump. I don't know about my cousin, she's a few months younger than I. I don't discuss politics with them. 

My experience is this:

When we went to the eastern shore of Maryland, I saw a number of Trump signs, no Biden signs.  When we went to Tennessee, I saw Trump signs, but no Biden signs.  When I go to Orange County, VA I see Trump signs and no Biden signs.  When I traveled along route 15 up through Pennsylvania to take my son to college I saw Trump signs.  In all these cases many of the signs were quite large, not the small yard signs we see around here.

I have only seen Biden signs here in the DC area, and especially Falls Church.

Archived