Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

9 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I dunno what that is. 🙃

:806:

this was one of those posts that i needed both a laffy and a trophy emoji

i refrained from posting a music vid in the previous post  to just assist a joke (as anyone should in a non-music topic), but google "one tin solider" on youtube

and don't assume "it's you" if after viewing it/them you don't get the refernece :D (it would include the 'whole vibe' of the billy jack movie as well as the theme song)

17 hours ago, jwpanic said:

Computers are hard. Please delete.

for me too, but don't be too hard on yourself

that's what the mods and your fellow es'ers are for

and don't let a trifle stifle your participation---you're obviously right where you belong :P

Anyone watching the IG Inspector firing hearings?  Seems pretty clear that Pompeo was cleaning house of any kind of oversight or pushback on Kushner's sale of arms to Saudi Arabia.  Gee, I wonder why the Saudis are now willing to make a public spectacle about "recognizing Israel"  The witnesses are horribly stone walling and refusing to actually answer any questions.  It is embarrassing, but this is where our foreign policy is these days. 

Everything they do is evil.

Trump administration siphoned almost $4 million from 9/11 first responders fund: report

As the nation marks the 19th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, a new report accuses the Trump administration of siphoning almost $4 million away from a fund supporting the 9/11 first responders.

The Treasury Department began withholding parts of payments intended to cover medical services for firefighters, paramedics and emergency medical technicians suffering 9/11-related illnesses, according to documents obtained by the New York Daily News. These first responders who inhaled smoke and dust at Ground Zero in the aftermath of the terrorist attack, which killed almost 3,000 Americans, have suffered illnesses including cancers and systemic autoimmune diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, in the almost two decades since.

The National Institute for Occupational Health and Safety (NIOHS) oversees the FDNY World Trade Center Health Program. The Daily News reports that the Treasury started keeping some of the money earmarked for this program — to the tune of about half a million dollars each year in 2016 and 2017, and $630,000 each year in 2018 and 2019. And the Treasury has nearly tripled these extractions this year, withholding $1.447 million through late August, according to Dr. David Prezant, the program director.

“This was disappearing — without any notification,” Prezant, who is also the FDNY’s Chief Medical Officer, told the Daily News. “Here we have sick World Trade Center-exposed firefighters and EMS workers, at a time when the city is having difficult financial circumstances due to COVID-19, and we’re not getting the money we need to be able to treat these heroes.”

Click on the link for the full article

9 hours ago, Jumbo said:

:806:

this was one of those posts that i needed both a laffy and a trophy emoji

i refrained from posting a music vid in the previous post  to just assist a joke (as anyone should in a non-music topic), but google "one tin solider" on youtube

and don't assume "it's you" if after viewing it/them you don't get the refernece :D (it would include the 'whole vibe' of the billy jack movie as well as the theme song)

That's a sad song.  Also I assume that country gentleman earned that Chuck Norris-style Texas Face-kick.

These guys will just say anything, no matter how outrageous, unbelievable, stupid or just plain false it is to try to make themselves look better.  The sad part is, there is a segment of the US population that is stupid enough to believe them.

5 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

That's a sad song.  Also I assume that country gentleman earned that Chuck Norris-style Texas Face-kick.

it was considered one of so many 'anthems' back in the day, and your post reminded me of its 'feel' and the lyrics

i could tell ya all kinds of things about the movie--kind of  classic/cult flic---i even knew someone in it

it's a flower power meets martial arts with dose of liberal politics and early second city (the group) comedy improv inc howard hesseman (wkrp in cincinnati) and with a lot of bad acting, but is still great fun

i figure you'll have to google every one of those references :806:

soooooo old

Just now, Jumbo said:

it was considered one of so many 'anthems' back in the day, and your post reminded me of its 'feel' and the lyrics

i could tell ya all kinds of things about the movie--kind of  classic/cult flic---i even knew someone in it

it's a flower power meets martial arts with dose of liberal politics and early second city (the group) comedy improv inc howard hesseman (wkrp in cincinnati) and with a lot of bad acting, but is still great fun

i figure you'll have to google every one of those references :806:

soooooo old

I happen to be a man of culture, good sir.  They're probably the more famous of the comedy troupes.  Jeff Garlin and Sarah Silverman were both Second City folks, if memory serves.  The other comedy troupe that comes to mind for me is the Groundlings where Phil Hartman came from and Peewee Herman was born.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/16/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/?tid=pm_pop&itid=pm_pop

Trump confirms one White House staffer recently tested positive for coronavirus

Trump on Wednesday confirmed that a White House staffer recently tested positive for the coronavirus, hours after his press secretary declined to tell reporters, arguing that the information is private.

“I heard about it this morning. At a very small level. … Last night I heard about it for the first time. And it’s a small number of cases. Maybe it’s not even cases," Trump told reporters when asked about reports of a positive case among the White House staff.

He then asked White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, who said, “It did not affect the event, and press was not around the individual." She added that it was “one person,” to which Trump responded, “It’s not anybody that was near me. … It was one person. Not a person that I was associated with.”

So much to unpack in a few short paragraphs. 

7 hours ago, purbeast said:

Seriously WTF happened to Giuliani?

I watched some 9/11 specials on Nat Geo the other day and he's like a different person back then.

Nah, part of my family is from NYC/NJ. Giuliani has always been a disgrace, in how he militarized the NYPD,  barely hiding his disdain for minorities in such issues regarding le, how he treated his peers, the media, had several affairs. 

9/11 was his opportunity to con the rest of America into believing that he was a kind hearted man's man, like every other Republican. There's really no difference between "America's Mayor" Rudy and "Semenonherdress" Rudy, except probably senility. 

Archived