Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

It's ****ing mind blowing how little play the revelation that Trump called fallen American soldiers "losers" and generally treated them with nothing but disdain is getting. I can see Fox News not running with it obviously, but it's hardly even more than a whisper on Washington Post, CNN, NY Times, etc. 

Can you imagine what would have happened if a story like this had come out about Obama? He'd legit have had to resign and leave the country, probably within 2 days of when it dropped. 

That being said, I agree with other points...the sources who are saying this stuff and confirming it need to stand up publicly and sound off like they've got a pair. I think that would make it MUCH more compelling.

8 hours ago, mistertim said:

It's ****ing mind blowing how little play the revelation that Trump called fallen American soldiers "losers" and generally treated them with nothing but disdain is getting. I can see Fox News not running with it obviously, but it's hardly even more than a whisper on Washington Post, CNN, NY Times, etc. 

Can you imagine what would have happened if a story like this had come out about Obama? He'd legit have had to resign and leave the country, probably within 2 days of when it dropped. 

That being said, I agree with other points...the sources who are saying this stuff and confirming it need to stand up publicly and sound off like they've got a pair. I think that would make it MUCH more compelling.

you were just a tad impatient...it's been a heavy dose where I've looked all day so far  and seems to be making an impact...looked to to me like overnight  cnn, cbs, and nbc lined up a lot of peeps that used to be in such circles as guests today...some credible ones, too

he'll still hold onto a large number of the military---i'll assume a majority---but anecdotally, info-wise, and trying to reason it out, i think it must have been weakened somewhat over time, particularly this last year or so and this will add to that because it's just too believable too easily to too many people, even a lot of republicans who served in his admin

btw---lou ****ing holz

20 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Why are Mattis and Kelly not commenting? 

Why protect Trump?

Especially Mattis since he's already come out so forcefully (for a former military brass guy, at least) against Trump. And Kelly? Trump literally made light of his son's death right in front of him at his grave. And it's not like Kelly hasn't said anything at all about him either. Maybe they're waiting a bit so it doesn't seem like they're a part of some sort of "conspiracy" against Trump?

Maybe they were actually sources for the story. But still...why keep silent then? Both of them have already spoke out about Trump. 

43 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Especially Mattis since he's already come out so forcefully (for a former military brass guy, at least) against Trump. And Kelly? Trump literally made light of his son's death right in front of him at his grave. And it's not like Kelly hasn't said anything at all about him either. Maybe they're waiting a bit so it doesn't seem like they're a part of some sort of "conspiracy" against Trump?

Maybe they were actually sources for the story. But still...why keep silent then? Both of them have already spoke out about Trump. 

Maybe he was threatened 

Yeah, MSNBC is all over this. Everyone weighing in. 

If everyone can't salute Tammy Duckworth for her remarks, there are things missing. 

"I'll take my wheelchair & titanium legs over his bone spurs. "

I've got a couple jokes, but I'd rather acknowledge her and her sacrifice. 

Image-1.png

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Because, as was obvious when they agreed to serve this evil lunatic, they are cowards and frauds. They may have more honor and courage than Trump but that doesn’t mean they have a lot of it 

I couldn't "second" this enough. 

I really never thought that women would actually be recognized for having more balls than men, but we are. 

Y'all get yo' drawers up & come help us save the country. 

i cannot believe the volume of solid confirmation the atlantic piece received...and all the additional tidbits added by other news outfits chasing their leads down seem to be similarly supported

today has been relentless, even since i made the post above...even the damn fox news chief national security reporter, jennifer griffin did a blazing piece on confirming it and more, and it was being accepted without pushback by whoever the host dude was, and she just nailed trump to the cross straight up

haven't seen him do it yet but i hope if he gives a specific reaction to the fox news piece---especially since the reporter's a woman--i want to see it 

3 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Why are Mattis and Kelly not commenting? 

Why protect Trump?

1)  NDAs

2)  And they will immediatelt dismissed by the Spin Machine as "fired former employees"  

3)  And, maybe, professionalism.  Might be a factor, too.  

Archived