Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

obviously your dad is good people in spite of the drawbacks of pale pigmentation and vintage. :)

doubt i'll make it that far. i'm amazed i made it to this point given my choices over time. :806:

I know, right? I am 60 and I have no idea whatsoever how in the hell I am still kickin, I never intended to ever be this old but whatchagonnado?

5 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Yanno, something I find interesting is that I DO get my MDR of Fox, Breitbart, etc., I want to know what they're saying and have ammo ready if I end up in conversation with a Trumpy. I am not ooooo spooky scared that any of it is somehow going to "infect" me or somehow turn me into someone else. But I have seen this is some of them, they seem genuinely afraid of ever changing the channel, seriously, they're terrified of ever even hearing a dissenting view, I don't get it. I try to give credit where credit is due, Shep Smith on FOX for instance, and I definitely enjoy calling out the over-the-top pearl clutching by some elements on the left. 

It just boggles my mind, when did we become such a bunch of frightened grandmas hiding in the closet, clutching a barbecue fork? Life just ain't that scary......... beats the **** outta the alternative.

One of the initial rifts I had with my father was back around 2007-08 when I told him that I wanted to move to a bigger city and look for other career opportunities and expose myself to more diversity. He responded by saying that he didn't think that was a good idea because I was too much of a thinker and that exposure could persuade me once I was removed from the family circle. 

He wanted me to remain in the ultra conservative Christian/right wing echo chamber that my family perpetuated, himself as the leader. This is what we did. We would get together and watch the Redskins, bash liberals, talk about what we saw on Fox News and lament the coming apocalypse. 

Honestly, the political aspect of all of that didn't even occur to me until afterwards when I was thinking about our conversation. I really just wanted to try to make it in a city, make more money and meet new people yet he was afraid for his son experiencing this because he would lose the sphere of influence he had over me. Opposing viewpoints and challenging your beliefs and even surrounding yourself with diversity in all things including beliefs is healthy. That was pretty eye opening to me and I think it speaks to your point about an actual fear of a different opinion. 

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

One of the initial rifts I had with my father was back around 2007-08 when I told him that I wanted to move to a bigger city and look for other career opportunities and expose myself to more diversity. He responded by saying that he didn't think that was a good idea because I was too much of a thinker and that exposure could persuade me once I was removed from the family circle. 

He wanted me to remain in the ultra conservative Christian/right wing echo chamber that my family perpetuated, himself as the leader. This is what we did. We would get together and watch the Redskins, bash liberals, talk about what we saw on Fox News and lament the coming apocalypse. 

Honestly, the political aspect of all of that didn't even occur to me until afterwards when I was thinking about our conversation. I really just wanted to try to make it in a city, make more money and meet new people yet he was afraid for his son experiencing this because he would lose the sphere of influence he had over me. Opposing viewpoints and challenging your beliefs and even surrounding yourself with diversity in all things including beliefs is healthy. That was pretty eye opening to me and I think it speaks to your point about an actual fear of a different opinion. 

As counter intuitive as it might seem, you should be grateful for this, because you have an awareness from personal experience of the differing perspectives. Sounds to me like you got that broader view you were looking for.

BBC: Michelle Obama takes 'most admired woman' title from Hillary Clinton

Former US first lady Michelle Obama has ended Hillary Clinton's 17-year run as America's most admired woman.

Mrs Clinton, ex-presidential candidate, secretary of state and first lady, came third in the annual Gallup poll, with talk-show host Oprah Winfrey in second.

The Queen finished in the top 10 for the 50th time, Gallup said.

Former President Barack Obama was most admired man for the 11th year in a row. President Donald Trump finished second for the fourth consecutive year.

The poll has been carried out every year since 1946, with the exception of 1976.

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Admire is a strong word, one that doesn't add up for the half of the electorate that voted for him.  Maybe some of them, but all them? Now?

Where have you been man? Yeah, a lot of people admire him. For a good chunk of the populace, that’s not a strong enough word. “Worship” might be more apropos for some.

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Where have you been man? Yeah, a lot of people admire him. For a good chunk of the populace, that’s not a strong enough word. “Worship” might be more apropos for some.

I've been right here, no way half the country admires Trump, good enough chunk to get him elected in first place, sure, but half? No. Tribalism is real, partisainship is real, but job approval is not same as admiration.

31 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I've been right here, no way half the country admires Trump, good enough chunk to get him elected in first place, sure, but half? No. Tribalism is real, partisainship is real, but job approval is not same as admiration.

Oh well I’ll agree with that. I never said half. A ridiculous amount though. Even more so when you consider that the man has not one redeeming quality.

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Im not a fan of any contest where Trump is the second most admired, even if Obama is number one.  Who the **** are they asking?

It's a sad state of affairs when the most admired people consist of politicians, people married to politicians, reality tv stars/talk-show hosts, and some combination thereof.  Give me Neil Degrasse Tyson or Jane Goodall any day over those people.

As @PokerPackersaid, there are better people to choose from. His examples, of exceptional character proven by their studies and work in their respective fields, are most noteworthy. 

Imma throw David Attenborough out there, too...he doesn't just narrate all those nature shows, he has studied all of the species he's covered. The man is absolutely monumental...I think he should be added to Mount Rushmore.  💖

Archived