Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 minutes ago, Chew said:

clown. 

I don't have a problem with that.  

The important thing is his presence.  

There was a previous event, I think it was W, I think it was Thanksgiving.  Picture of W carrying a hige turkey on a platter, and some reporter commented that the turkey was a prop.  

My reaction was the same.  He went.  Those soldiers will not be offended that the souvenir they got was a hat.  They'll be glad that they got it at all.  

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

The military's love for him is bizarre. He's a draft dodger who is nothing but talk and who has disparaged war heroes and gold star families. Oh and he presides over a VA that takes its orders from his rich cronies looking to line their pockets.

Active duty military voted for Hilary.

Its the Vets.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/631991/voter-turnout-of-the-exit-polls-of-the-2016-elections-by-military-service/

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I was an academic All-American... twice. It’s not that big of a deal. You don’t have to be good at football and it doesn’t matter if your major is P.E.

Don’t sell yourself short. It’s something to be proud of since education is more important than sports at the end of the day.

I really don’t understand people’s willingness to worship someone who is lying right to your face and you both KNOW he’s lying. About everything. How does that not only NOT cause you to stop and think about it, but be the main reason you support him???

its insanity 

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I really don’t understand people’s willingness to worship someone who is lying right to your face and you both KNOW he’s lying. About everything. How does that not only NOT cause you to stop and think about it, but be the main reason you support him???

its insanity 

People can convince themselves of anything if their biases push them enough. Excuse making is easy when it comes to tribalism. 

Trump is hardly the first authoritarian who's used obvious falsehoods and misinformation to gain power yet still has followers prostrate before him. 

It's just scary as hell that it can happen here.

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

its insanity 

Thats how cults work.  The bigger the lie, the stronger the delusion and then you insulate it via Fox/AM/Social Media.  It’s really no different than any religion...hence the strong evangelical support.

20 minutes ago, Llevron said:

its insanity 

White supremacy is insane.

That is what they support. A white man who isn’t afraid to talk down to other groups.

44 minutes ago, Llevron said:

its insanity 

In addition to what the others are saying... in my experience, these people fall into one of two caregorirs

1) they quite literally follow no news. None. They would be the antithesis of visionary. They get their news from talking to people and, honestly... just making **** up. 

2) they get their news only from foxnews or brietbart, or whatever else is out there. They have only one news source, and it’s one of them. They are grossly unaware of reality. 

Foxnews isn’t exposing trumps lies. If that’s the only place you get your news, then you aren’t going to know about it. 

29 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Thats how cults work.  The bigger the lie, the stronger the delusion and then you insulate it via Fox/AM/Social Media.  It’s really no different than any religion...hence the strong evangelical support.

And you become convinced that anyone who has a different view is a part of the evil team that’s out to destroy your America and your way of life. 

We have no problem discounting “news” out of Russia because there’s a long history of them being corrupt and full of ****, and they currently are making power plays that provide an incentive to be more full of **** than usual. 

Thats how the trumpers view the rest of us.  Out views are immediately discounted and ignored. It doesn’t matter what facts you have, they aren’t listening.  

It’s kind of like how we view the trumpers. Except without all the proof and evidence. 

Archived