Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

9 hours ago, techboy said:

I feel compelled to note that Presidents get WAY too much credit when the economy is good, and the same for blame when it is bad, which is also true of the stock market (which is not the same as the economy, for that matter).

Maybe, but its their responses (or lack there of) towards economic crisis that are recorded and studied.  I don't trust Trump if this goes wrong.

With that out of the way, though, I think it would be AWESOME if every news anchor in the country started using the terms "Obama Bull" and "Trump Bear", preferably always linked in the same story, just because it would drive Trump crazy.

Reminds me of ACA vs Obamacare discussion, feel unless it's explained clearly it won't help, jus make the blame game worse.

11 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Trump has got to be some huge cosmic joke being played on us.

Like, ffs he is ruining Christmas for little kids, like you have to work super hard to be this much of a ****up.

I don't usually try to be serious posting here in a "RUKidding me?" kinda way because so often trying to stay between the lines of serious discourse ends up like being nibbled to death by ducks, but maybe this once..................

Trump et. al. is a huge cosmic test presented to us, all of us, a challenge to see who and what we are. What we want to believe, all the facades and lies and pretenses are put away with the textbooks and cheat sheets and it's just you and your #2 facing this. Put down the idiot phone toys, turn off the flat screens, open the curtains and let the daylight in. We have all been fed those great myths and soaring epics since birth about what a goddam great country this is, how we are the good guys and we conquer every dragon just by stepping off the bus, "Freedom and liberty for all", "E pluribus unum", "God Bless America", yadda yadda yadda, you get my point. We have collectively passed down the bills for the mythos from generation to generation in the form of social unrest and environmental degradation and income inequality and a hundred other ways we steal cake from someone elses grandchild, but a lot of those bills have come due. 

And this is a good thing.

Bitter medicine maybe, but ultimately a good thing, because we desperately need to believe, we need something tangible and noble to warm ourselves with. WWII was one, Neil Armstrong stepping on the moon was one, like that, a great national crusade to reinvigorate our pride as a nation. 

So here it is, no tech, no flags, Generation You has drawn the "Look in the mirror" card, we are seeing each and every vile, bitter, small-minded short-sighted greedy selfish element of ourselves paraded in the spotlight and it ain't pretty folks. But remember, a country that could give us a Trump also gives us a Robert Mueller or a Ruth Bader Ginsburg, every example of what is wrong can be countered by two others of what we can be.

What we do and where we go from here is how we will answer the question posed to us. Good luck to everyone, open your paper and begin.................

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

He works so hard that he needs TWO phones! 😮

I've seen that before, in photos of other Presidents. Seems to be standard. (Yeah, I don't know why, either. I'm pretty sure he has a secretary, and only uses one phone line.). 

Maybe the second unit is for secure comms?  

Or in Trump's case, it's for Putin?  

14 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Trump has got to be some huge cosmic joke being played on us.

Like, ffs he is ruining Christmas for little kids, like you have to work super hard to be this much of a ****up.

No ****. We have to be getting punked. There's just no other rational explanation. 

As a palate cleanser to Trump's ham-handed phone call with that child, here's the the heartwarming story into WHY exactly NORAD tracks Santa and takes calls from children for Santa.  

NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport

This Christmas Eve people all over the world will log on to the official Santa Tracker to follow his progress through U.S. military radar. This all started in 1955, with a misprint in a Colorado Springs newspaper and a call to Col. Harry Shoup's secret hotline at the Continental Air Defense Command, now known as NORAD.

Shoup's children, Terri Van Keuren, 65, Rick Shoup, 59, and Pam Farrell, 70, recently visited StoryCorps to talk about how the tradition began.

Terri remembers her dad had two phones on his desk, including a red one. "Only a four-star general at the Pentagon and my dad had the number," she says.

"This was the '50s, this was the Cold War, and he would have been the first one to know if there was an attack on the United States," Rick says.

The red phone rang one day in December 1955, and Shoup answered it, Pam says. "And then there was a small voice that just asked, 'Is this Santa Claus?' "

His children remember Shoup as straight-laced and disciplined, and he was annoyed and upset by the call and thought it was a joke — but then, Terri says, the little voice started crying.

"And Dad realized that it wasn't a joke," her sister says. "So he talked to him, ho-ho-ho'd and asked if he had been a good boy and, 'May I talk to your mother?' And the mother got on and said, 'You haven't seen the paper yet? There's a phone number to call Santa. It's in the Sears ad.'

vankeuren_extra1_custom-1840fd717cabf3ef

Dad looked it up, and there it was, his red phone number. And they had children calling one after another, so he put a couple of airmen on the phones to act like Santa Claus."

"It got to be a big joke at the command center. You know, 'The old man's really flipped his lid this time. We're answering Santa calls,' " Terri says.

vankeuren_extra2_custom-b0ff2f0aac99a89e

Col. Harry Shoup came to be known as the "Santa Colonel." He died in 2009.

"The airmen had this big glass board with the United States on it and Canada, and when airplanes would come in they would track them," Pam says.

"And Christmas Eve of 1955, when Dad walked in, there was a drawing of a sleigh with eight reindeer coming over the North Pole," Rick says.

"Dad said, 'What is that?' They say, 'Colonel, we're sorry. We were just making a joke. Do you want us to take that down?' Dad looked at it for a while, and next thing you know, Dad had called the radio station and had said, 'This is the commander at the Combat Alert Center, and we have an unidentified flying object. Why, it looks like a sleigh.' Well, the radio stations would call him like every hour and say, 'Where's Santa now?' " Terri says.

"And later in life he got letters from all over the world, people saying, 'Thank you, Colonel,' for having, you know, this sense of humor. And in his 90s, he would carry those letters around with him in a briefcase." 

Article, with audio interview of Shoup's children:

https://www.npr.org/2014/12/19/371647099/norads-santa-tracker-began-with-a-typo-and-a-good-sport

Shocking. Cadet Bone Spurs got help to avoid the draft. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/26/politics/trump-bone-spurs-vietnam-war/index.html

New York Times: Daughters of foot doctor say he diagnosed Trump with bone spurs as 'favor' to Fred Trump

The daughters of a Queens foot doctor say their late father diagnosed President Donald Trump with bone spurs to help him avoid the Vietnam War draft as a "favor" to his father Fred Trump, according to a new report Wednesday.

Dr. Larry Braunstein, a podiatrist who died in 2007, often told the story of providing Donald Trump with the diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels so he could be exempt from military service, his two daughters -- Dr. Elysa Braunstein and Sharon Kessel -- told the New York Times.

"It was family lore," Elysa Braunstein told the Times, adding that the story was "something we would always discuss" among family and friends.

If rich boys wanted to get out of the draft during Vietnam War, there was always a way. As it always is. 

Even during WWII, my dad joined the Merchant Marine, until the Nazis stepped up attacing merchant ships and sinking them. Then, as he was my mom's boyfriend, my Alderman grandfather used his influence to get him into the Army, stationed stateside in Norman OK at air traffic controller school. That's where he learned his profession. Dad never left the U.S., when their classmates were serving and dying overseas.

How fitting is it that Mushroom Donny visits troops on the same day we get confirmation that Trump's rich daddy had a doctor do him a "favor" and diagnose Trump as Colonel Bone Spurs. 

Trump's privilege and money was able to keep him from being one of those very troops he's visiting today:  a soldier, in theater, at war.  Yellow-bellied coward.  Scum.  Oh, and I say that as a U.S. military veteran that's been to a war zone. 

Archived