Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

38 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

That's a lie.

No it’s not. I’ve been watching you on this board log enough to know it’s not a lie. And if that makes you so mad you have to pretend it’s a lie, then I suggest you reconsider how you interact with people. 

I have ave first hand experience with how this isn’t a lie, but instead is exactly how you act. 

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

The people who freaked out about Hitler were actually enabling Hitler. 

Hmmm, that doesn’t sound any more true than the crap you wrote.

Yeah if the people you are referencing are the French Generals who suffered no criticism over the tactics to be used against the German army. 

Essentially the argument by some here boils down to "you can get angry but only about a few select (undefined) things".

Otherwise it helps Trump.

I don't buy it. Additionally I think it's a lazy argument because it allows those genuinely intelligent people to appear as not caring anymore and/or being above everyone else.

36 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well his definition on a Trump supporter is broad enough to include 3rd party voters as well as everyone who hasn't lost their minds in anger over each and every Trump or GOP action.

Trump has done more than enough to warrant anger from liberals, and traditional conservatives alike. Finding a conservative with an ounce of integrity is just extremely difficult to find these days, so all you hear are liberals pulling the fire alarms. 

If you want to be meekly passive, plug your ears with your fingers, and pretend the state of our government and politics is a-okay, then all the power to you. But lethargy and permissiveness is no better than the blue haired rednecks holding the "LOCK HER UP" signs at his ad-hoc rallies.

58 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I have no problem with protest votes in states that went overwhelmingly in one direction or another. But, protest votes in swing states. That I have a problem with, especially when the number of protest votes was greater than the difference that Trump won that state by.

Oh, that is glaringly obvious now.

So you don't want people to blame your kind but are fine blaming mine?  I'm not surprised.  I voted for what I felt was the best of a few options.  Trump and Hillary weren't them.  Blaming the 3rd party voters is no different then blaming Dems for their crappy candidate.  Point your anger in a better direction.

And I'm a florida voter.

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Dunno. Seems like the energy and anger at Trump has been translating pretty well into the ballot box so far for Dems. We'll have to wait till November to see how true it really is though. 

November would be a good first step. 

2020 is going to be where it really matters though. 

If the dems can win that election I don’t want to hear about it anymore. If four years of this is completed with a “didnt inspire the people to vote” post-election summary I’m going to mock you all relentlessly for the following four years because it’ll be the only thing worse than the fact that we have people who voted for him the first time. 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

If the dems can win that election I don’t want to hear about it anymore. If four years of this is completed with a “didnt inspire the people to vote” post-election summary I’m going to mock you all relentlessly for the following four years because it’ll be the only thing worse than the fact that we have people who voted for him the first time. 

I'm predicting trump wins but there is a massive discrepancy with official vote totals and exit polling.  Then things get interesting. 

Maybe leading up the election "I didn't want to vote for either bad option" was a sentiment that could be understood, but for people still trying to hold onto that justification after thinking about it in retrospect, I'm sorry it just doesn't hold up any longer, nor will it in 2020 when the same people likely vote for Trump again. What will be the excuse that time?

Hillary had her issues but in no way was she a "Democratic version of Trump."  She was basically a third term of Obama with perhaps more hawkish views on foreign policy. While she probably would have the kept the ball rolling on Obama's policies she wasn't going to transform anything radically one way or another. She was more just going to be a place holder for the (D) establishment. 

This idea that she was just as bad as Trump, is a cop out and it simply isn't true. 

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

I would assert that maybe where it really matters is the state and local elections, between now and then.  

At least a good chunk of why we're in the state we are, today, is because the Republicans have been ruthlessly efficient at gerrymandering the electorate, to the point where virtually the every GOP politician is more afraid of his primary than he is of the general.  

(Although an absolutely certifiable electorate, and decades crafting an industrial-grade reality denial machine are big factors, too.)  

29 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

after thinking about it in retrospect,

Some of us are smart enough to reflect on our decisions in hindsight but realize we didn't have that luxury at the time the decision was mad and therefore only judge the decision on facts known at the time.

25 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I doubt Trump is in office election day 2020. Look how far down the rabbit hole we already are.

Meaning he will be out golfing or he won't be president?

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Some of us are smart enough to reflect on our decisions in hindsight but realize we didn't have that luxury at the time the decision was mad and therefore only judge the decision on facts known at the time

Not to go down this rabbit hole again but there was enough information known at the time to foresee how this would play out. 

The candidates were not equal and it was close enough in those final weeks that voting 3rd party just to spite the other two or because HC didn’t inspire you or the democrats didn’t “win” your vote isn’t an excuse 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Not to go down this rabbit hole again but there was enough information known at the time to foresee how this would play out. 

The candidates were not equal and it was close enough in those final weeks that voting 3rd party just to spite the other two or because HC didn’t inspire you or the democrats didn’t “win” your vote isn’t an excuse 

You're welcome to feel that way.  I agree no point in that rabbit hole again.  I'm comfortable with my vote.  And I know the real blame goes to actual trump voters. 

So lets play the percentage game:

1) If President Rubio (or pick someone else in the GOP primary) was in office, what percentage of the policies of the Trump Administration would the Rubio Administration be following?

2) What percentage of your loathing of President Trump is due to his policies, and what percentage to his personality?

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

1) If President Rubio (or pick someone else in the GOP primary) was in office, what percentage of the policies of the Trump Administration would the Rubio Administration be following?

2) What percentage of your loathing of President Trump is due to his policies, and what percentage to his personality?

1) I doubt Rubio would be as shameless in gutting environmental regulations. He would do it, but in a more measured way. He would have appointed competent leaders of agencies. He would have staffed agencies. He would not have tolerated corruption that became public knowledge. He would have at least made some pretense of outreach to Democrats. He would have not been holding **** show rallies. He would not be shamelessly spewing bull**** daily on social media. He would not have the level of nepotism Teump has. He would not be blatantly monetizing the presidency. That's all I got off the top of my head. Wait, he probably wouldn't have colluded with Russians.

2.) His toxic, idiotic, narcissistic, shameless, hateful personality is at least 50% of why I have always disliked him, and leads the above.

42 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Under President Rubio?  

We still gut the EPA, consumer protections, Education.  

The attack on immigrants isn't as openly hostile or racist.  The government would probably have the sense to not deport "illegals" who are married to a US Marine, has two US citizen daughters, and have been cooperating with ICE for years.  

We probably would not be proudly manipulating the law so that we can kidnap people's children (and ship them off to be adopted.)  

The GOP tax cut and spending increase bills still get passed.  And with a competent President managing the Bully Pulpit, we've probably gutted the social safety net, to pay for it, by now.  

No, the White House will not be getting caught in as many lies as this one.  They'll still be just as dishonest and as crooked.  But they wouldn't be so incompetent at hiding it.  

(For example, Candidate Rubio still makes a deal for Putin's dirt on Hillary.  But he doesn't use his own son as the cutout man in the chain.)  

2 hours ago, tshile said:

No it’s not. I’ve been watching you on this board log enough to know it’s not a lie. And if that makes you so mad you have to pretend it’s a lie, then I suggest you reconsider how you interact with people. 

I have ave first hand experience with how this isn’t a lie, but instead is exactly how you act. 

Wahhh, cry me a river. You don’t like that I blame protest voters in swing states when they could have made a difference...and that means you.

The first step to healing is acceptance.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So you don't want people to blame your kind but are fine blaming mine?  I'm not surprised.  I voted for what I felt was the best of a few options.  Trump and Hillary weren't them.  Blaming the 3rd party voters is no different then blaming Dems for their crappy candidate.  Point your anger in a better direction.

And I'm a florida voter.

You could have stopped him, you stepped out of the way.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

This actually really got me thinking. 

I was like wow do I just hate this guy because he's a Total douchebag? 

Then I said no I don't like his policies either. 

So I guess my official answer is 50/50.

50 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Wahhh, cry me a river. You don’t like that I blame protest voters in swing states when they could have made a difference...and that means you.

Im cool with that. I finally learned it was worthless to try with you. There’s nothing there. I just took the opportunity to call you on your not very good lie. 

———

Can someone tell me what this tweet means?

California wildfires are being magnified & made so much worse by the bad environmental laws which aren’t allowing massive amount of readily available water to be properly utilized. It is being diverted into the Pacific Ocean. Must also tree clear to stop fire spreading!

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Im cool with that. I finally learned it was worthless to try with you. There’s nothing there. I just took the opportunity to call you on your not very good lie. 

I’ve laid out my definition of a Trump supporter. It doesn’t include you.

It does include:

1. Active vocal Trump supporters

2. Tacit silent Trump supporters

3. Tacit Trump supporters who actively engage in Trump defense.

4. People who use Trump as the useful idiot to push their agenda knowing Trump is guilty. 

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Rubio would do way more than trump because he’d be a puppet for the gop. Trump hinders their ability to do stuff a bit. Rubio wouldn’t at all.  So 100% of trump plus whatever has stalled because trump is incompetent and a child. 

100% his policies 100% his personality. That’s right.  There are tiny chunks of a thing here and there that I agree with policy wise, but they’re executed so haphazardly and unelqoutnely that I’m afraid to say I agree with it less I be associated with the **** show that is Trump’s presidency. 

Archived