Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, Larry said:

But they didn't just sit back and let Trump do things.  

Just for example, the GOP House created a special committee for the specific purpose of trying to cover up Trump's wrongdoings WRT Russia.  A committee which unanimously decided to ignore numerous potential witnesses, and then issued a report which, at least according to Right Wing Media, completely cleared Trump and associates of any wrongdoing whatsoever.  

(And that's id addition to the committee they tasked with generating a fake narrative that the entire FBI was overrun with liberal infiltratioin agents out to overthrow the duly elected American government, based on the stunning revelation that they found one FBI agent who told some Trump jokes to his girlfriend, when Trump was a candidate.)  

Without a doubt there were those who are overtly complicit, Nunes, Jones et al. There are a plethora more who have been tacitly complicit. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Admittedly I still dont know when to say conservative and when to say Republican/ GOP. I get the difference, but they have been synonyms for me for so long I frequently fail to make the distinction. 

George Will = Conservative

Rick Wlson = Republican

Nunes = Trumpista

On 8/4/2018 at 2:20 PM, Llevron said:

No, you are clearly not with me. You arnt even with history or stated facts at this point. You are with the rest of these people excusing this evil because its more convenient for you instead of admitting your wrong. 

It's a problem and you are unfortunately part of it. Play on that side all you want. But you delude yourself. It's a shame because you seem smart enough to understand my original point that you didn't reply to (that none of his statements be taken in a vacuum) but you wont even challange it because you know your wrong and you dont care. 

It is pretty clear that Trump is a racist,  but it is far from his only shortcoming.   He has demonstrated with great aplomb his ability to be wrong in a dazzling array of ways, without every single one of them being racist.   It is foolish to get bogged down in arguing about whether a specific blunder points specifically to underlying racism, or is just a generalized blunder of some other incompetent inadequacy.   

keep your eyes on the ball.   

Seems like Trump's strategy on everything is to just lie, flat out lie about it until his team of legal goons come up with a ****amamie "it's not illegal" defense narrative for said thing Trump is lying about.  Then Trump or Sarah Huckster pretty much admits he was lying about it the entire time, but no big deal because "it's not illegal" 

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Seems like Trump's strategy on everything is to just lie, flat out lie about it until his team of legal goons come up with a ****amamie "it's not illegal" defense narrative for said thing Trump is lying about.  Then Trump or Sarah Huckster pretty much admits he was lying about it the entire time, but no big deal because "it's not illegal" 

It's been the Republican strategy for more than a decade.  

Remember, we're talking about people who have successfully convinced a large number of people that trickle down economics has worked, every time it's been tried.  Who think you can solve global warming by having government agencies remove public data from their web sites.  

2 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

It is pretty clear that Trump is a racist,  but it is far from his only shortcoming.   He has demonstrated with great aplomb his ability to be wrong in a dazzling array of ways, without every single one of them being racist.   It is foolish to get bogged down in arguing about whether a specific blunder points specifically to underlying racism, or is just a generalized blunder of some other incompetent inadequacy.   

keep your eyes on the ball.   

Im not sure how to reply to this without sounding like an asshole honestly. 

What is the problem with me arguing his tweet was racist? What did that stop us from discussing? 

Archived