Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

30 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

As to the Republicans obstructing the last 6 yrs (yes, 6, not 8 as Dems had majority of both house and senate for previous 4 yrs), I am grateful.  

So stop ****ing and accept that sometimes when you dish it out you will have to take it. Simple. Dont be a baby. 

42 minutes ago, tshile said:

Paul Ryan on Charlie Rose this week said the same thing. When asked to comment about Obama the President and Obama the person, Ryan went on at length about how Obama was an incredible family man and was a great role model as such for the country.

There was also a lot of nervous laughter and obfuscation every time the Trump crazy was brought up.

23 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Hi..I just realized I didn't disclose $100 mil in assets and a few properties that I might own..but don't question it or hold up my vote for my nomination as Treasury Secretary..cause..what's a $100 million between us Republicans? 

Did he at least pay his taxes? :)

Haven't read the whole thread.....

has there been any discussion about the secretary of education?  She is truly scary.  i usually pay little attention to cabinet appointments, but got dam, this one is frightening.

how can you not be able to answer a question regarding measuring growth vs measuring proficiency?

we need guns in schools for grizzly bears? 

don't know that the ADA if a Federal Law that trumps state laws?

she's a nut case.

Just now, Major Harris said:

Haven't read the whole thread.....

has there been any discussion about the secretary of education?  She is truly scary.  i usually pay little attention to cabinet appointments, but got dam, this one is frightening.

how can you not be able to answer a question regarding measuring growth vs measuring proficiency?

we need guns in schools for grizzly bears? 

don't know that the ADA if a Federal Law that trumps state laws?

she's a nut case.

There has been and there are the normal ones defending all Trump selections regardless of the great points you make. 

kaine fried her ass.  warren too. and others.

i am actually calling / emailing my reps.  a step i almost never take. lol

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

As a DC resident, I think there are more people in town to protest than to attend this inauguration. 

both my good friends that settled down in the district after college left town to go skiing this weekend.  wanted no parts of the craziness.

7 minutes ago, Major Harris said:

both my good friends that settled down in the district after college left town to go skiing this weekend.  wanted no parts of the craziness.

I had to leave my home for a bit this morning but I am not going anywhere this weekend except to the grocery store a block away.

Protestors already smashing windows and cars near Franklin Square. Starbucks and BoA in the Logan Circle area got their windows smashed. No thank you.

41 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So stop ****ing and accept that sometimes when you dish it out you will have to take it. Simple. Dont be a baby. 

I can get with the "if you can dish it, then you should be able to take it" mindset

I can also get with the idea that sometimes a politician (or group of politicians) have to fight against something that they feel is bad policy.

What I am having a hard time getting behind is the preemptive strike the GOP did on Obama, and subsequently (some of) the left is doing (and advocating) for Trump. Especially if the justification (or majority of the justification, or even just a significant part of the justification) is "Well, they did it to our guy.)

I think gridlock in washington sucks. I think it is about people playing political games, and I think the only ones that really suffer are the rest of us. I think it sucked with the GOP did it, and I think it sucks that some of the democrats are advocating doing it now.

I was super weary of Obama's policies when he first came in. I voted for McCain in 2008. My mind changed significantly over the course of 8 years for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to, the way the GOP acted and me learning more about Obama's ideas. Had i been allowed to vote in 2012, my plan was to vote for Obama, that's how much my mind changed. I was so mad at the GOP i voted fro McAulife (which makes me feel like I need a shower just saying it)

I am super weary of Trump - not his policies, because I don't even know what his policies really are yet, but just of him. I'm willing to change my mind, even though I don't see that happening. It irritates the hell out of me to see people on the left championing the things they spent 8 years decrying.

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

I can get with the "if you can dish it, then you should be able to take it" mindset

I can also get with the idea that sometimes a politician (or group of politicians) have to fight against something that they feel is bad policy.

What I am having a hard time getting behind is the preemptive strike the GOP did on Obama, and subsequently (some of) the left is doing (and advocating) for Trump. Especially if the justification (or majority of the justification, or even just a significant part of the justification) is "Well, they did it to our guy.)

............................... It irritates the hell out of me to see people on the left championing the things they spent 8 years decrying.

I get that and I agree, hypocrisy, especially intentionally blatant "in-your-face" hypocrisy, is not a good look on anybody.

On the other hand, you have the trogs waving a flag with one hand while the other is down their pants watching this political snuff film as important elements of this nation are eviscerated for their entertainment. Kinda hard to draw parallels in a case like that.

Archived