Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

51 minutes ago, twa said:

you can defect,sit out or or you can work from inside.

You can't work from the inside by agreeing with, supporting, and rationalizing every decision. Nodding your head and blindly rooting for every notion no matter how outrageous is not how you impart change... from the inside or outside.

6 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I have watched her press conferences. The idea that she works hard to treat everyone with respect is laughable.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Isnt this just a slight variation of the whole “gay wedding cake” thing?  

A variation but a legal one. If they wouldn't server her because she was a woman, I'd have issues with that. Refusing to serve her cause she's an ahole is okay in my book.

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

A variation but a legal one. If they wouldn't server her because she was a woman, I'd have issues with that. Refusing to serve her cause she's an ahole is okay in my book.

The murky part of this in my book is there was an implication that she was kicked out not only because she was SHS (I'd be okay with that, but I'd prefer them overcooking her food, salting her drinking water, and jacking up the spice to intolerable levels), but that she was kicked out because she was a Trumper and a Republican.

That could be too broad. Still, Republicans are always screaming that the restaurateur is within her rights to refuse service to any client, so....

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The murky part of this in my book is there was an implication that she was kicked out not only because she was SHS (I'd be okay with that, but I'd prefer them overcooking her food, salting her drinking water, and jacking up the spice to intolerable levels), but that she was kicked out because she was a Trumper and a Republican.

That could be too broad. Still, Republicans are always screaming that the restaurateur is within her rights to refuse service to any client, so....

Doing that to her food would be sold as assualt. Kicking her ass out is justice.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Defending child separations is just a difference of opinion.

Edit: This obviously got to her. More establishments need to follow suit. Let these guys cook their own damn food. Monster isn't a protected class.

I hope more establishments follow suit. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The problem is that the Trump fanatics will just rally around that and view Sanders as a martyr for the cause.

Don't fight hate with hate.

There have to be social consequences for evil. 

Also don’t really see the point in appeasing lost causes. “What would Trump fanatics say?” should be on no ones radar.  

That love conquering hate thing is several thousands years of failure, and continuing.

in fact, the last generation that went all in on peace and love is currently enabling fascism and calling it freedom.

You beget what you beget, and crying about it is cause for spit in the eye.

They made their bed, they've laid down their threats. The least that should happen is that decent people throw her out of where they want to eat.

~Bang

3 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Not at all.

But he was okay with the environment that made him possible.  I suspect he has some thoughts on that now.

3 hours ago, twa said:

what was that environment.....a open primary? 

An entire infrastructure of people with no integrity whatsoever, willing to openly, publicly, tell any falsehood, no matter how obviously untrue, if it will help the Republucan Party gain/retain power. 

You. 

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Thanks to online trolls it will be interesting to see if the restaurant can survive this.

I think Yelp is pretty well versed in this song and dance by now.  Not sure what Lexington’s politics are ( it’s a college town), but this may actually be a savvy move. 

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

I went to their Facebook page and Trump trolls are posting fraudulent reviews and comments that are false and defamatory. I wonder if any lawyers want to get involved.

They should just go to their dining room and scream at the manager....I'm sure some here would approve :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think Yelp is pretty well versed in this song and dance by now.  Not sure what Lexington’s politics are ( it’s a college town), but this may actually be a savvy move. 

It’s a college town but like not a young, blue college town. Washington & Lee and VMI aren’t your typical colleges. 

That said, it’s probably got enough local left leaning patrons to support it, despite it being in the middle of a very conservative area. 

16 hours ago, tshile said:

Most qualified candidate in 40 years

40 years

:rofl89:

Was in a governors office for how many years? 

First lady for 8 years of a successful White House

Senator for 8. 

Secretary of State for 4 years so in-depth understanding of foreign relations and policies 

Most presidential candidates are governors or senators. A few VPs. Few have a resume with as much broad political experience including previous White House experience that would directly serve them as president so beneficially as what she had. And she was always very much pursuing her own political career so you know she was far more involved at least knowledge wise with the Clinton White House compared to other first ladys.

4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

...and to think Mike Huckabee used to be seen as one of the good guys. (These tweets were literally minutes apart)

What's funny is this is likely going to boost their sales a great deal. If orange doo doo head joins in it's almost guaranteed. 

Edit-maybe not. Just saw the demographics 

3 hours ago, Bang said:

That love conquering hate thing is several thousands years of failure, and continuing.

in fact, the last generation that went all in on peace and love is currently enabling fascism and calling it freedom.

You beget what you beget, and crying about it is cause for spit in the eye.

They made their bed, they've laid down their threats. The least that should happen is that decent people throw her out of where they want to eat.

~Bang

Wow I never picked up on that until you wrote it 

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Lexington is an exceedingly quaint little mountain town about 2 hours from my house.  I think a date night at The Red Hen is in order quite soon.

I did some work up there over a long weekend recently, and found it to be a really interesting place. I'd never been there before. There's the college town feel, mixed with old main street USA vibe, and the large military presence with VMI cordoned off right in the heart of the town. I can't think of any other place quite like it. I didn't have a lot of opportunity to get out much when I was there, but I did walk around a bit, and told myself I should come back and explore some time. I think I'll make it a point to do so this summer.

Archived