Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

32 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I do enjoy people believing protests aren't part of the democratic process.

Almost as if those people do not support democracies. We already know @twa doesn't.

this literally happens at abortion clinics, and the liberal news conglomerate doesn't cover it and those doctors don't get people complaining. 

Shoot, I remember in the 90s when those terrorists fanatical very irate pro-lifers were bombing abortion clinics

I do favor the representative republic model over democracy

Just to be clear ya'll are saying the pro-lifers should start interrupting dinners and protesting homes and such?.......I think that too far, but as you know I don't like rabid protesters

Just now, twa said:

Just to be clear ya'll are saying the pro-lifers should start interrupting dinners and protesting homes and such?.......I think that too far, but as you know I don't like rabid protesters

Nah, convincing the good Bible believin' folks that anyone who supports or defends the Pro-Choice movement is a murderer is quite enough thanks.

7 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Nah, convincing the good Bible believin' folks that anyone who supports or defends the Pro-Choice movement is a murderer is quite enough thanks.

Is that like convincing folk Trump supporters(or even those that don't attach him) are racist, Nazi's and white supremacists and such? :bunny:

12 minutes ago, twa said:

They already get to deny (based on their moral objections) medically needed drugs because they get butt hurt when doctors prescribe them...what else is more effective than that?

2 hours ago, tshile said:

In the long term it's just another step in the wrong direction for a society that's struggled to go in the right direction for what seems like a very long time... People who can't win elections (for whatever reason) turning to other ways of trying to get their way, is not a good idea in my opinion.

I agree with the majority of your post but I do wonder if this is a step in the wrong direction or just another .....symptom? product of?........freedom. When people have the power do do what they want within the law, well you have to allow them to do that. I think the bigger issue, like you said, is people feeling like they have to resort to these things because 'the system' is unfair. I put it in quotes cause im not sure it is. Alot of things about it seem unfair but as you eluded too, you cant really complain if you dont vote. We wouldnt have this problem if people did. 

There is a caveat to that as well though, which is what makes this more complicated. 

3 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Similar except racism isn't quite the same as being a murderer.

You are right, one has a clear legal standard and can be quickly thrown out in a court of law.

The other gets lazily thrown around and people experience violence in the court of public opinion.

2 minutes ago, Weganator said:

You are right, one has a clear legal standard and can be quickly thrown out in a court of law.

The other gets lazily thrown around and people experience violence in the court of public opinion.

If the shoe fits, wear it.  Otherwise, brush it off... nobody was talking about you.  That's what I do when "the left" or "leftist" or "snowflake" or "libtard" get thrown around. 

(Though when "Trump hater" gets uttered, I stand and salute.)

The time for being nicey nice is over. It loses important elections and that was proven most recently in 2016.

Biggest and loudest asshole wins. Welcome to 'Murica.

That was mostly sarcastic..in case anyone thinks otherwise. But I also do wonder if it's 100% accurate going forward.

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

If the shoe fits, wear it.  Otherwise, brush it off... nobody was talking about you.  That's what I do when "the left" or "leftist" or "snowflake" or "libtard" get thrown around. 

(Though when "Trump hater" gets uttered, I stand and salute.)

My wife had a old, black, friend of hers live with us, for free, for 2 years.

When tensions started wearing on people, as things can happen in a room mate situation, we asked her to leave. She accused us of being racists. She told everyone on her bus route she took and all of our neighbors that as well. We live in Anacostia, DC. It was genuinely unsafe for me to leave my house for a long time.

We actually sent my dog to my in laws in Tennessee because it was no longer safe to take him on walks.

I'm curious when we became racists, was it as we helped her move out here? Or somewhere in the middle of letting her live there for free for years.

Nobody will let you explain yourself after those accusations.

6 minutes ago, Weganator said:

I'm curious when we became racists, was it as we helped her move out here? Or somewhere in the middle of letting her live there for free for years.

Yeah but this isn’t an accurate comparison. Did you defend Nazis? Did you decide you like someone because he said hateful things about brown people? Have you actively worked to prevent minorities from voting or pardoned a racist sheriff because you like the way he broke the law and abused his power to mistreat minorities?

You want to know when the GOP became racists?

5 minutes ago, Weganator said:

When tensions started wearing on people, as things can happen in a room mate situation, we asked her to leave. She accused us of being racists. She told everyone on her bus route she took and all of our neighbors that as well. We live in Anacostia, DC. It was genuinely unsafe for me to leave my house for a long time.

We actually sent my dog to my in laws in Tennessee because it was no longer safe to take him on walks.

Folksy personal anecdote!!

4 minutes ago, Weganator said:

I'm sorry to hear that, and sorry that how you've lived your life didn't carry more weight than the accusations of a bitter ex-friend.  Are your neighbors who know you supporting you through this?

Just now, Dan T. said:

I'm sorry to hear that, and sorry that how you've lived your life didn't carry more weight than the accusations of a bitter ex-friend.  Are your neighbors who know you supporting you through this?

I never got to know them, never had the time. I worked 2 jobs the whole time I was here until the tax cuts, which was around when she left.

5 minutes ago, twa said:

When the Dems switched?

Yeah, it was around that time. Racism was a major force in the Democratic Party. Now it’s a major force in the Republican Party. No two ways about it.

One thing that’s remained constant, it’s always a major force in the Conservative party.

7 minutes ago, Weganator said:

I'm curious as to why you would go so far to defend yourself from an anonymous person on the internet indirectly referring you to racism. Kinda indirectly. I might've missed the original conversation. 

This cry-baby, victim version of the right is tiresome. 

Meh, thanks to this administration's completely out-of-whack sense of grievance, the fact that a few public servants (yes, they are) had a meal interrupted is being completely blown out of proportion.  I've had meals more expensive than the Red Hen be ruined by assholes, and I haven't even systemically separated families on a huge scale or become synonymous with the word "liar."  Again, they had a meal interrupted and some endured some rudeness (the owner that kicked SHS wasn't even rude about it, according to her account).  Pam Bondi didn't get to watch a movie.

9 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah but this isn’t an accurate comparison. Did you defend Nazis? Did you decide you like someone because he said hateful things about brown people? Have you actively worked to prevent minorities from voting or pardoned a racist sheriff because you like the way he broke the law and abused his power to mistreat minorities?

You want to know when the GOP became racists?

I'm sure it isn't, but would you like to go walking down MLK Jr Ave with me explaining the nuance of my political views and whether or not I'm a racist to people who are predisposed to think I am due to such comments?

The point was the inaccuracies and dangers of such accusations.

1 minute ago, Weganator said:

I'm sure it isn't, but would you like to go walking down MLK Jr Ave with me explaining the nuance of my political views and whether or not I'm a racist to people who are predisposed to think I am due to such comments?

The point was the inaccuracies and dangers of such accusations.

Talk to the leaders of your party then.

Or refuse to support them til they get their **** together.

Archived