Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

Yeah just like 2010 spelled the end of Obama, or 1994 spelled the end of Clinton, or 1982 spelled the end of Reagan.

Did either of them lose the popular vote by 3+ million or have historically low opinion ratings? The thing is, Trump couldn't hold a candle to either of them as politicians. Both were also surrounded by competent cabinets, unlike Trump.

So that comparison.. isn't really there.

For some reason most Trump supporters in here quickly devolve (if they don’t start that way) into trolling drive bys, insults, and lunacy.  

Maybe it’s because it’s pretty much impossible to logically and reasonably defend support for Trump without ignoring facts, reality of the current situation, and the insane amount of crimes and corruption by Trump and this administration.  

And of course anyone who supports Trump generally isn’t paying attention to what’s come out in the news, is biased against reality and so disbelieves any negative news about Trump, or has some (in my opinion) questionable priorities politically and/or may be in on the corruption (see members of Congress or most of Trump’s cabinet).

On the other hand, there a few or more conservatives and former conservatives on here who are very good at discussing things and very reasonable much of the time, and of course anti-Trump sentiment is by no means held only by ‘lefties’ or ‘Racecrats’ and trolling behavior is far from a Trump supporter only trait.  

The name-calling (at least towards other posters) really does go too far sometimes.  And there are some rants that make me worry, though the occasional venting is fine of course and these are times to be angry.  But it’s best not to be angry at everything or to take every bad bit of news as the end of the world, because there is going to be a lot of it.  

That said it seems unfair to fault people suffering from some of the current policies from reacting with the appropriate horror and outrage at the war being waged against them and their loved ones. (and of course many of us are affected to differing degrees by some things like healthcare).  

Anyway we should try to get along with others who are willing to discuss things reasonably, even if they support ideas we strongly disagree with.  To those who aren’t able to discuss things reasonably for the most part, there are many, many more appropriate corners of the internet to  slink off to.

Yeah, oldschool got some personal insults lobbed his way. He's no dummy though (evidenced in the other thread). He new what he was doing and what the response was going to be when he jumped in here the way he did.

Now let me point out a few things. The person that you support Oldschool, is a lying, racist, philandering, cheat who openly brags about bedding married women including the wives of his friends and obviously has no qualms about destroying marriages and families. He has demonstrated close to 0 knowledge of the content on any issue from the day he announced his candidacy. He is actively working to further the division in our country that the right wing media has been fueling for the past decade. He's installed or attempted to install a staggering number of completely unqualified individuals throughout the government because of their ideological loyalty. He has insulted POWs and gold star families, set us on course to explode the deficit, and spends infinitely more time trying to obstruct an investigation that he is tied to, or using his power to spite individuals who he has a perceived vendetta with, than helping American citizens. He is, without a doubt, one of the most disgusting individuals I have ever had the displeasure of listening to and his lack of morals and ethics are so obvious, that only the most easily misled can not or are unwilling to see it.

If you'd like to challenge anything I just said, I (and I'm sure many others) would be happy to back any one of those points up with countless facts and examples. There are a lot of personal insults in there but not one of them was directed at you. If you took offense to that, well tough. Don't support people like Donald Trump then.

57 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

These are trying times... It's like, should you lob insults and call someone out just because they disagree with you politically? Obviously not. That's not all this is though. Sorry to break the lighthearted mood of recent posts but it just isn't the reality of today's America.

I agree, 1968 was probably even worse but we are a bitterly divided country.

Now, what should you do with someone who supports a movement that is intentionally dividing our nation, telling their supporters that half of their countrymen are their greatest threat and enemy

Are you referring to the Resist movement that is bent on obstructing even Trump initiative and ascribe Trump's victory to some bogus Russian conspiracy?

Maybe you should listen to an old-school leftie explain the legitimacy of Trump's election.

advancing racism

What party courts votes by identity?  Which party advocates discrimination on the basis of race?

The would be the Democrats which if they were honest would call themselves the Raceacrats.

using political power to scandalize any threat to their power

Are talking about how the Raceacrats weaponization of the IRS and the FBI?

telling people that a free press is their enemy

You must be talking about the leftist attacks on Fox News, remember Faux News?  After the wikileak news media and DNC e-mails were disclosed there is no doubt that the networks other than Fox are in the tank for the Racecrats.

actively working to obstruct an investigation into the attack on our country by a foreign adversary because of of their own ties to said attack

Mueller has had 2 years in all that time I've seen no evidence that Trump conspired with the Russians although we have seen a lot of evidence that the FBI and other parts of the Deep State that conspired against Trump.  I am eager to see the IG report and see if there are more legal referrals.

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Alright, well it took a handful of posts before he went Deep State conspiracy so again..not worth the time folks. 

The Deep State doesn't exist but Donald Trump and Putin organized Trumps run for the White House in a hot tub that Mueller just hasn't located.

Liberals will say he is unstable, conservatives will say "see, he is willing to change his mind", I will say he likes applause and its just more art of the deal shenanigans.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/06/08/trump-to-kneeling-nfl-players-tell-me-wh

President Donald Trump appears to have heard the applause he received for pardoning Alice Johnson, the 63-year-old who served more than two decades in prison for a nonviolent drug offense before Trump commuted her life sentence this week.

Now Trump says he wants to issue more pardons—not just for politically aligned celebrities but for real people who have been unfairly imprisoned. And he says he wants input from players in the National Football League who have been protesting the national anthem. Yes, really.

"I am going to ask them to recommend to me people that were unfairly treated" by the justice system, Trump said to reporters outside the White House this morning. "And I am going to take a look at those applications."

1 hour ago, Zguy28 said:

What the heck is pickleball? I'm almost afraid to google it. :rofl89:

google it.. perfectly safe :)

It's fun, fast, and takes no time to learn. No need to do anything to step in and play. A couple of paddles, a net and a plastic ball.

There's courts springing up all over St marys, and if you are interested, drop me a message. we get together at cove point park in lusby mondays and wednesdays.

I play a lot of tennis, but if you don't play tennis, it takes a lot to learn before you can even try to play. Pickleball isn't like that. Step right in and play.. good exercise, low impact. it's fast.

~Bang

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

google it.. perfectly safe :)

It's fun, fast, and takes no time to learn. No need to do anything to step in and play. A couple of paddles, a net and a plastic ball.

There's courts springing up all over St marys, and if you are interested, drop me a message. we get together at cove point park in lusby mondays and wednesdays.

I play a lot of tennis, but if you don't play tennis, it takes a lot to learn before you can even try to play. Pickleball isn't like that. Step right in and play.. good exercise, low impact. it's fast.

~Bang

Wish I had time. Between kids, church, and karate, I'm full up. Thanks though! :)

57 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

I agree, 1968 was probably even worse but we are a bitterly divided country.

Are you referring to the Resist movement that is bent on obstructing even Trump initiative and ascribe Trump's victory to some bogus Russian conspiracy?

Maybe you should listen to an old-school leftie explain the legitimacy of Trump's election.

What party courts votes by identity?  Which party advocates discrimination on the basis of race?

The would be the Democrats which if they were honest would call themselves the Raceacrats.

Are talking about how the Raceacrats weaponization of the IRS and the FBI?

You must be talking about the leftist attacks on Fox News, remember Faux News?  After the wikileak news media and DNC e-mails were disclosed there is no doubt that the networks other than Fox are in the tank for the Racecrats.

Mueller has had 2 years in all that time I've seen no evidence that Trump conspired with the Russians although we have seen a lot of evidence that the FBI and other parts of the Deep State that conspired against Trump.  I am eager to see the IG report and see if there are more legal referrals.

What do you think of Vladimir Putin? 

56 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

The Deep State doesn't exist but Donald Trump and Putin organized Trumps run for the White House in a hot tub that Mueller just hasn't located.

Well. I think the deep state does exist. Just not in some evil conspiracy sort of way.  If you a president running the country for 8 years, a lot of the people who are going to choose to work for the government, eg, get hired, are going to be like-minded. 

But Clinton, Bush, And Obama had to deal with the “deep state” just as much as Trump has had to, so its no excuse.

I think both parties collude, work around the edges of race baiting, try to suppress unfriendly votes, ect. Anyone who thinks thier party isn’t guilty is fooling themselves. It’s just this time the republicans were far better at it than the democrats. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Did either of them lose the popular vote by 3+ million or have historically low opinion ratings? The thing is, Trump couldn't hold a candle to either of them as politicians. Both were also surrounded by competent cabinets, unlike Trump.

So that comparison.. isn't really there.

I think 2002 is a more relevant year to consider.  The Republicans didn't pick up seats in 2000 when W won a close election against but the Republicans gained seats in the 2002 midterm elections with the Iraq war dividing the Democrat vote.  As it turned out the Iraq war was a horrible mistake which I deeply regret supporting but the point is a president that doesn't coattails doesn't necessarily lose seats in the midterm and I think the Republicans will actually pick up seats if the midterm election is probably framed.  Also, many Democrat Senate seats in red states are up this time and whatever you Raceacrats think of Trump he is a highly effective campaigner for the Republicans.  The Trump rallies your media kept discounting energized the Trumps MAGA voters in 2015 and I suspect Trump and the Republicans are going to be very effective in 2018 and frame the election on their terms.  Perhaps by putting Democrats in a box over a popular issue with Democrats like infrastructure and force the Democrats to vote against jobs or some other cruel maneuver and give the Raceacrats a midterm spanking.

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well. I think the deep state does exist. Just not in some evil conspiracy sort of way.  If you a president running the country for 8 years, a lot of the people who are going to choose to work for the government, eg, get hired, are going to be like-minded. 

But Clinton, Bush, And Obama had to deal with the “deep state” just as much as Trump has had to, so its no excuse.

I think both parties collude, work around the edges of race baiting, try to suppress unfriendly votes, ect. Anyone who thinks thier party isn’t guilty is fooling themselves. It’s just this time the republicans were far better at it than the democrats. 

Point out what the Dems do to suppress the vote. Please.

2 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

I think 2002 is a more relevant year to consider.  The Republicans didn't pick up seats in 2000 when W won a close election against but the Republicans gained seats in the 2002 midterm elections with the Iraq war dividing the Democrat vote.  As it turned out the Iraq war was a horrible mistake which I deeply regret supporting but the point is a president that doesn't coattails doesn't necessarily lose seats in the midterm and I think the Republicans will actually pick up seats if the midterm election is probably framed.  Also, many Democrat Senate seats in red states are up this time and whatever you Raceacrats think of Trump he is a highly effective campaigner for the Republicans.  The Trump rallies your media kept discounting energized the Trumps MAGA voters in 2015 and I suspect Trump and the Republicans are going to be very effective in 2018 and frame the election on their terms.  Perhaps by putting Democrats in a box over a popular issue with Democrats like infrastructure and force the Democrats to vote against jobs or some other cruel maneuver and give the Raceacrats a midterm spanking.

It’s amusing that you use the term raceacrats. You don’t seem capable to have an actual conversation without trying to insult. Would you please explain how the Dems won some seemingly impossible seats in the last year given Trump is a great campaigner. 

Archived