Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

16 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

So this is where all the Lefties suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome congregate, how amusing!

This is trolling and unacceptable.  Please avoid any more posts of this sort in the future. 

11 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

He’s a freaking Trump loving moron who only wants to troll with hit and runs.

Everyone should be aware this sort of post obviously crosses the line. 

Folks, if you want to talk politics you're welcome to discuss the issues.  If you want to lob personal insults at each other however, you'll have to find someplace else for that.

32 minutes ago, nonniey said:

This has got to stop. This board has become a cesspool just look at the responses to the Oldguy - many may of them were personal insults.

And the Supreme Court would agree with you as stated in the majority opinion.  And I don't recall if I did predict that I might have but always said this should have been an easy 9-0 decision.

Also, the guy you're defending seems to be a white nationalist troll. I wouldn't die on this Hill.

17 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Also, the guy you're defending seems to be a white nationalist troll. I wouldn't die on this Hill.

Still should have been an easy 9-0 decision. States are directed by law to keep their voting rolls accurate (that is the catalyst BTW) and Ohio's system for doing this is extremely reasonable - meeting Fed regulations and using common sense. They don't just drop people for not voting  they drop people after trying to notify them multiple times that they are going to be dropped over a period of 6 years.  (If you think that is unreasonable you are too partisan).

3 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

I fear for some of you guys and your health. I think some of you are gonna either drink yourself to death or die of a heart attack. I worry about your spouses too, because they have to come home to guys who seem so stressed.

Do you feel stressed by any of this? Do you feel rage, or cry when you see kids separated from their parents or shot in the head when coming here to seek asylum? When you read of the sexual abuse they deal with at the hands of ICE? Love thy neighbor right? Or do they not register on your emotional landscape?

Do you not feel concern when the head of the EPA is a shill for oil and is a climate change denier and many other cabinet members follow the same pattern of working to destroy what they were entrusted with? Does Mulvaney's dismantling of the CFPB do anything for you? How about Betsy Devos? You feel anything yet? Still all good?

Do you not feel concern over our allies being **** on, day after day, while our president lauds and kowtows to dictators?

Does it move the needle for you, that not a single substantive action has been made to protect our voting system since the previous election?

How do you think Jesus would feel about some of the things Trump has been doing? The way he carries himself?

If you feel sheltered and safe in these times, with this administration, then you need to get back in touch with what he truly represented, because this isn't it.

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

This is trolling and unacceptable.  Please avoid any more posts of this sort in the future. 

Thank you, Destino for the warning.  Although, please be so kind as to tell me if I should just retire from this forum.  I don't want to intrude if this board is a leftie "safe place"  for venting and support during the Trump years.  I come to ES to talk Skins, I don't really need the Tailgate, so if a strident Trump supporter really isn't welcome just let me know. 

52 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Guys the vast majority of Trump supporters are not evil or racist  (there are some, even too many imo ,and he has made a more permissible climate for the latter to come out from under their rocks - which is why I don't like him).

This has got to stop. This board has become a cesspool just look at the responses to the Oldguy - many maybe most of them were personal insults

If you're still supporting Trump and his policies a year into his presidency and still willing to vote for him again, you share responsibility for what he's done. You may not be a bigot or a racist yourself, but in my eyes you and everyone else still on his bandwagon are bigots by proxy.

If you think this forum is a cesspool than you are either exaggerating beyond the bounds of intellectual honesty or sheltered as hell man.

5 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Thank you, Destino for the warning.  Although, please be so kind as to tell me if I should just retire from this forum.  I don't want to intrude if this board is a leftie "safe place"  for venting and support during the Trump years.  I come to ES to talk Skins, I don't really need the Tailgate, so if a strident Trump supporter really isn't welcome just let me know. 

Support is fine. But defend the words with evidence.. debate topics and be willing to accept truth. Just launching into folks isn't going to help.

~Bang

3 minutes ago, Bang said:

Support is fine. But defend the words with evidence.. debate topics and be willing to accept truth. Just launching into folks isn't going to help.

~Bang

Bang, I enjoy your football posts but really you are in no position to call out another poster for sarcasm or mockery.

3 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Bang, I enjoy your football posts but really you are in no position to call out another poster for sarcasm or mockery.

I don't disagree.

and i can see how the original post you made can be that..  but you gotta be able to see how it can be seen otherwise. Note, i didn't go after you for it.. but i'd rather you stick around over here if you're going to join in. That after Destino's warning are where my comment stemmed from.

I always do enjoy talking with you.. but on this side of the fence, i rather hear a bit more substance to the opinions.

these are vitriolic times. Everybody's angry. 

~Bang

Yeah, I like VOS's posts in the Stadium and I think constructive debate on what Trump has done so far from a policy perspective is healthy. It just seems like we're at a point where people feel like you have to be all-in (like DJT's policies and be an apologist for his behavior, and just feel a need to back him simply out of revenge politics) or all-out (hating everything about him due to said behavior, when historically a lot of people actually appluaded some of the America First policies espoused). That's the way I see it, anyway.

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well that does seem to be a norm on this board.

Bull****.

Anyone with any honesty and a bit of emotional/social intelligence can compare the quality of discourse between drive-by Trump posters who put in zero or near zero effort to research or educate themselves on the topic at hand and the core posters here (some of them who are actually conservatives and not liberals!) who patiently use verifiable sources and data to make their arguments.

Do some of us get angry and castigate those Trumpers? Sure, we're not perfect, but even when we're not, a lot of times the castigation is warranted or justified.

You have to look in the mirror sometimes and realize that being called out for the truly dirty **** this administration you support does, is not an insult or an attack but a natural consequence of supporting dirty ass ****. There are consequences and you don't get to be sheltered from that. We have a right to reject you for it and call you out on it.

Respect is earned and lost by the things you choose to accept and reject in this world.

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

As much as I want to disagree with SCOTUS on this, it’s easy to keep your name on the roll.....VOTE DAMMIT!

What’s the discretion? Are you removed from voter rolls for not voting in a primary?

Also, Election Day is on Tuesday. People that work jobs without benefits on hourly wages may not be able to just “VOTE DAMMIT” as that is wages lost.

We should not be creating ways for people not to vote.

36 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

LOL, a "safe place?"You want to put an actual position out there that you like that Trump is doing, actually do it. Otherwise, you aren't really clever at all as you attempt to insult people here. 

On 6/11/2018 at 12:35 PM, Fresh8686 said:

Do you feel stressed by any of this? Do you feel rage, or cry when you see kids separated from their parents or shot in the head when coming here to seek asylum? When you read of the sexual abuse they deal with at the hands of ICE? Love thy neighbor right? Or do they not register on your emotional landscape?

Do you not feel concern when the head of the EPA is a shill for oil and is a climate change denier and many other cabinet members follow the same pattern of working to destroy what they were entrusted with? Does Mulvaney's dismantling of the CFPB do anything for you? How about Betsy Devos? You feel anything yet? Still all good?

Do you not feel concern over our allies being **** on, day after day, while our president lauds and kowtows to dictators?

Does it move the needle for you, that not a single substantive action has been made to protect our voting system since the previous election?

How do you think Jesus would feel about some of the things Trump has been doing? The way he carries himself?

If you feel sheltered and safe in these times, with this administration, then you need to get back in touch with what he truly represented, because this isn't it.

You absolutely no idea how I feel about any of those things and this is what is wrong. Do I need to quote my own Twitter account (and break my anonymity) to earn your respect?

On 6/11/2018 at 1:21 PM, Hersh said:

LOL, a "safe place?"You want to put an actual position out there that you like that Trump is doing, actually do it. Otherwise, you aren't really clever at all as you attempt to insult people here. 

He actually was having civil discourse last week. Even if most of his conclusions were probably incorrect.

1 minute ago, Zguy28 said:

He actually was having civil discourse last week. Even if most of his conclusions were probably incorrect.

Last week? Unless it involved the Capitals winning the Stanley Cup, I pretty much missed everything else that happened in the entire universe last week. :rofl89:

1 minute ago, Bang said:

ZGuy's a good guy. Heart is always in the right place.

~Bang

I actually am worried about some of you guys. I mean it. Some of my angst over our President recently began to spill over into my personal relationships and I had to calm down and re-locate my joy. I had none. And people close to me told me so. They were tired of my seriousness and brooding. Dwelling on politics that I am 99% powerless to change (I can and will vote) has even led me to physical issues. Take care of yourselves guys.

54 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Trump supporters here are extremely rare, there's no denying that, but this isn't a safe space.  If you're ok being wildly outnumbered and stick to discussing issues exclusively, you should be fine.  A little common sense on when to retreat probably wouldn't hurt either.  Fair warning though, let mods handle any insults you feel cross the line.  It's best not to respond to them in anyway, because "who started it" does not interest me.

2 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

I actually am worried about some of you guys. I mean it. Some of my angst over our President recently began to spill over into my personal relationships and I had to calm down and re-locate my joy. I had none. And people close to me told me so. They were tired of my seriousness and brooding. Dwelling on politics that I am 99% powerless to change (I can and will vote) has even led me to physical issues. Take care of yourselves guys.

I've tried to allude to this in a couple threads. 

I'll always support us trying to find common ground, have to in a democracy.  But there's so much more going on in the world then what's on the front page of the Tailgate.  A minute ago we were talking about how there weren't enough positive threads in the Tailgate, but you know what, who cares, go outside.

I like getting stuff off my chest and seeing if there are middle grounds because I believe its worth trying and hope I can help make some of those realized and eventually real.  I don't like seeing posts where its like some are hoping for the worst so they can show they were right, that cannot be your goal out of all this, not if you want what's best for the country the way that some of you claim you do.

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

"who started it" does not interest me.

Good to know (ya'll don't have time to figure that out anyway, especially if its bled over to 2-3 pages in a row, for example)

9 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

If it'll help, i play pickleball with a bunch of my conservative friends on Saturday mornings.

We've never had any problems. :)

'course, they aren't ridiculous lunatics, either. 

You're local, you should come on out and play!

~Bang

These are trying times... It's like, should you lob insults and call someone out just because they disagree with you politically? Obviously not. That's not all this is though. Sorry to break the lighthearted mood of recent posts but it just isn't the reality of today's America.

Now, what should you do with someone who supports a movement that is intentionally dividing our nation, telling their supporters that half of their countrymen are their greatest threat and enemy, advancing racism, using political power to scandalize any threat to their power, telling people that a free press is their enemy, telling people that any result produced by our democratic system that doesn't go in their favor is a conspiracy, actively working to obstruct an investigation into the attack on our country by a foreign adversary because of of their own ties to said attack, has demonstrated that they are devoid of principals, doing all of this to pass legislation that benefits the wealthiest citizens at the expense of everyone else because that's who's funding them, and is led by a lying, disgusting, shameless conman?

And these are the the least extreme members of the group, not even getting into the pizzagate, InfoWars, and birthers (well except for the idiot President they elected whom I already mentioned) that make up a good chunk of their community.

Yeah, we should probably call that out.

3 minutes ago, Bang said:

If it'll help, i play pickleball with a bunch of my conservative friends on Saturday mornings.

We've never had any problems. :)

'course, they aren't ridiculous lunatics, either. 

You're local, you should come on out and play!

~Bang

What the heck is pickleball? I'm almost afraid to google it. :rofl89:

8 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

You absolutely no idea how I feel about any of those things and this is what is wrong. Do I need to quote my own Twitter account (and break my anonymity) to earn your respect?

Here you go...

Well, the reason why I asked those questions and qualified the end of my post with an "If, then" statement was to get an idea about how you feel.

You're post wasn't clear to me at least, as to whether or not you were being facetious. But, now that I know, I'm glad, and relieved even that your post was made in good faith and I appreciate you caring about the health of people on here :)

It's a real struggle to feel and keep your heart open to all the pain going on. All the fear and stress and anger. Having to devote so much time and effort to educating yourself to all the different things being dismantled or ripped away and all the different lies you have to fact check and dig past. While you have people who care not at all, reveling in the destruction, in the childish temper tantrum, while all the while, those who manipulate them, steal and fatten their pockets at everyone's expense.

But, its better to know and deal with it, then be asleep to it. Might as well deal with it now. It's a marathon, not a sprint. So we pace ourselves, find our places to rest and focus on other things, and prepare to make a change. We vote, we protest, and we send constant emails and petitions about any and every issue we have an opportunity to add our voice to.

Really, what we're dealing with now is nothing compared to how bad it could get, if we just stayed asleep to it's regressive evolution.

Archived