Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think we need a standalone thread for Navy fiascos. 

I'd agree, but I think the actions needed are being taken (what he sent the message for and the secretary being gone). 

I'd support a separate thread just for military folks, but even talking to some out of band that I know don't expect a lot of their input or clarity on any of it in a public forum like that, so it might not be wise or worth it even creating a target like that for folks to google.

Maybe keep military convo to the Trump cabinet thread?

43 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The next President is going to have a hell of a time putting this back together. Hell im not even sure if it’s possible anymore. 

Imagine this being your job. To clean up after this guy. 

edit: words are hard 

Well, if we cant learn this time, there won't be an America left to repair in 4 more years

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd agree, but I think the actions needed are being taken (what he sent the message for and the secretary being gone). 

I'd support a separate thread just for military folks, but even talking to some out of band that I know don't expect a lot of their input or clarity on any of it in a public forum like that, so it might not be wise or worth it even creating a target like that for folks to google.

Pretty sure he was joking 

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

If we survive this, there needs to be a lot of rules changes around the whole "Acting" title that is being abused right now. Time limits they can be acting. Also changes to authority and access to intelligence. Something.

The rules are there.   (quick glance:    https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44997.pdf

Need a way to enforce them.

Or not elect these dip****s in the first place. 

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, civilians are allowed to discuss and have opinions on the military and it’s conduct. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Pretty sure he was joking 

Definitely not. Every few months there seems to be a different scandal emerging from the armed forces, usually but not always stemming from its current ****ty civilian overseers. It gets drown out in the Trump thread, but things like a freaking (evidently beloved) captain of an aircraft carrier being sacked because he was trying to protect his people and (arguably) showed up a political appointee is some serious ****. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, civilians are allowed to discuss and have opinions on the military and it’s conduct. 

We are, but I would want military folks to add clarity or their take and odds are they won't while still in the military. It's one of the things I better understood as I got older is my opinion is an opinion and based on being a civilian.  I'm all for bashing civilian leaders of the military for their scandals for starters, it can and will get fuzzy after that.

Definitely not. Every few months there seems to be a different scandal emerging from the armed forces, usually but not always stemming from its current ****ty civilian overseers. It gets drown out in the Trump thread, but things like a freaking (evidently beloved) captain of an aircraft carrier being sacked because he was trying to protect his people and (arguably) showed up a political appointee is some serious ****. 

If you make this thread, all I ask is it be clearly a thread about military scandals, and not leaving the door open for bashing the military itself. I know some folks here won't be able to help themselves, we have to self moderate.

I hate what's going in with the VA, sexual assaults, and obvious examples of corruption involving some of these contractors. This is me speaking out loud here, not trying to control anything, this could be a good thing, could blow up in our face.

I hope I live long enough to see him treated like the enemy of the state that he is 

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm surprised there is no safety net built in to prevent something like this, you can't let a madman run wild with unending power. Tbis is absolutely ridiculous. 

there is a separate branch of government thats supposed to provide checks and balances for this sort of thing. unfortunately for the nation, one party has completely abdicated their responsibilities and have chosen to let him grab them by the ****. he's a star, they let him do it

And odds of such a bill being passed by a Senate that won't even vote to convict a Republican of diverting government funds for use to coerce a foreign government into making a campaign contribution?  

More likely?  They'll approve legislation to make Trump's appointees unfirable.  

And yet in the face of all of it, we still think an election will end this and he will abide by a result in which he does not win.

Every time he can't do something, he does. Every time he destroys an institution designed to protect against someone like him, we say, "Oh boy in November we can vote him out", and every time it sounds further from reality. 

Hope I'm wrong. Best be ready.

~Bang

10 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I hope I live long enough to see him treated like the enemy of the state that he is 

there is a separate branch of government thats supposed to provide checks and balances for this sort of thing. unfortunately for the nation, one party has completely abdicated their responsibilities and have chosen to let him grab them by the ****. he's a star, they let him do it

Absolute ****ing cowards and traitors every one. The biggest piece of garbage is McConnell. The Senate Majority Leader should not have the power they do. He has neutered the Senate so he can make a buck. Nothing but trumps **** boy. I hope the people of KY do the right thing finally and vote the piece of garbage out - but I am not holding my breath. 

At the very least, dems need to take back the Senate so this clear obfuscation of the constitution can stop. They need to immediately pass laws lessening some of the powers of the Majority Leader like laws preventing SCOTUS votes being put off for years. 

To your first statement - my hope is that he is publicly shamed and humiliated and eventually sent to prison. He will never see it as he will just blame everyone else. But his followers family will have to watch it. Not likely but a person can hope. 

Archived