Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread -Redskins at Lions

TK

One thing is for DAMN sure:  Matt Jones is not a starting NFL RB.  Our starting RB is in Dallas and should've been re-signed.  I don't what it is, but they can't beat the Lions no matter what.  They should beat that team, but they find ways to lose to them.  I don't know what Joe Barry has against applying pressure, but he hates that I guess.  So frustrating after this game.  

5 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Sure, play a team when their two starting CB's are out and you'll move it much easier. Not that hard a blueprint.

I think you're overestimating Breeland this year. He's down on himself. If a corner doesn't have confidence then he has nothing. They play then to not give up big plays instead of trying to make a play. Norman, as I've stated, there is absolutely no way he makes it to London, not if they leave on Weds.

The 16 seconds doesn't matter. There wasn't enough time to really get something done. Although to be fair I once saw Matt Ryan drive the team 40 or 50 yards with 10 seconds to kick a game winning field goal against Seattle( I think?) 

Again, the fumbles don't happen...it's at least a 1st and goal. Then the Redskins run it in, it's 10-3 Washington at the half, and then they build from there. To me, that was just so critical. Fumbling there crippled any chance of a decisive victory and left it up to fate and two minute drills.

This was an important game because now we have to go to London and face off against a Bengals team that isn't as bad as people put it. That's not an easy game either. Dalton, AJ Green, and that Bengals Defense...will be tough. Need to win that one or else it's back to 4-4 and division hopes go down the ****ter.

If you want to be positive about something in this load of **** game...the Redskins basically were unencumbered on offense and didn't face much stops. All of their drives save for the last one went past midfield. All their turnovers were self-inflicted. Someone else put it best, they beat themselves. If they're mentally focused and keep that same kind of offensive attack power they're fine. Turnovers are just so killer.

This was a total team failure at different points in the game.

Penalties, turnovers, and missed opportunities on offense.

Missed FG on ST's.

A late collapse and lack of aggression on defense. 

This team isn't ready. We aren't good yet, and every time that stupid ****ing thread is bumped it annoys me. Good teams don't have games like this against beatable teams, they take care of business. They might have a bad game and get upset once in a while, but they don't consistently shoot themselves in the foot, miss opportunities, and try their hardest to give games away. This was an all-around failure, and having a chance to steal the game back at the end shouldn't make people feel better about it, it should make them feel worse.

2 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

The better team lost and I could care a less how anyone else sees it. Skins shot themselves in the foot, gave the game away and still should have won. That last defensive let down was just heartbreaking though. 

Going to try and have a short memory and stay positive. 

Httr

With all due respect, Detroit was the better team today.

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Seriously, people give these random, pointless stats (we went 12 quarters without allowing a team to beat us whose average home humidity is above 90%) way too much weight.  We lost.  You want to know what stat matters?  The one where they have more points at the end of the game than we do.  Anything else is bull**** loser talk.

26 straight drives without allowing a TD (longest in the NFL) is not a random stat with 8,000 qualifiers but okay. They had been playing great and gave up two TDs with their starting two CBs out. 

The last drive was embarrassing but that wasn't my point, the point was, the offense blew this game with a zillion missed opportunities. Giving up 20 in a game is not terrible. As if I said "the defense didn't give up a 40+ yard pass in a city above sea level" or something ...

12 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Well, as usual, you are wrong.  Mind your business.  I think Kirk is improving just fine.  He was the hero in this game.

As usual? lol

Call the crib.  Same number same hood.

Was it just me  who thought we scored to early on our final drive? I know some will say score when you can score. But if Cousins gives himself up about 2 yards from the goal line, we can then force the Lions to use timeouts and we at worst come away with a FG and overtime. Just a thought don't be to hard on me .

HTTR 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I think you're overestimating Breeland this year. He's down on himself. If a corner doesn't have confidence then he has nothing. They play then to not give up big plays instead of trying to make a play. Norman, as I've stated, there is absolutely no way he makes it to London, not if they leave on Weds.

The thing is, Barry went too soft. The only blueprint would be make sure you get the game to a point where you have the ball last against our crappy coordinator. As for London, yes, Josh might not make the trip, which is not a good thing with AJ Green on deck. Breeland has pretty much been our biggest disappointment on the field this year, but for perhaps Preston.

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

Was it just me  who thought we scored to early on our final drive? I know some will say score when you can score. But if Cousins gives himself up about 2 yards from the goal line, we can then force the Lions to use timeouts and we at worst come away with a FG and overtime. Just a thought don't be to hard on me .

HTTR 

Hindsight being 20/20, they did score too fast.:)

Teams drop 8 or even 9 into coverage all the time in the redzone. ALL THE TIME. 

It's a legit strategy, because the windows are tighter there and it's even harder to fit it in with all those passing lanes being clogged up. Teams have done it to us all year and we've struggled against it. Furthermore, we've got our best corner out so it's harder to leave these guys on an island and assume they'll win one on one every time. 

We need more from Kerrigan. We need more from Preston. We need more from Baker. Stafford was largely untouched and when we did get to him it was a poor enough angle that he could easily escape. Kudos to their Oline, though... they were excellent today. 

Tough loss, but everyone going nuts here and screaming for guys to get fired or benched... just too much after winning 4 straight and dropping one to a team that's been real hot at home.   

You know what makes me real sad, though? It's that I can't really tell the difference on here, with regards to tone and temperament, between our 4 game winning streak and this loss today. It's almost exactly the same. That's crazy to me, we're just having next to zero fun in here... it's so sad. 

5 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Joe Barry is a ****ing moron of a defensive coordinator.   Prevent D never works in the history of prevent.  ****ing loser!!!!!!!!!

Especially when your D is suspect to begin with..

I feel we do this **** on both sides of the ball though, thinking were better than we are.. Getting conservative on 4th short and kicking fg's againt teams we know we can't beat with FG's.. Barry thinking his D is good enough to stop Stafford w/no pressure.. Im surprised Manning didn't burn us on their last drive chance, to be honest..

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

26 straight drives without allowing a TD (longest in the NFL) is not a random stat with 8,000 qualifiers but okay. They had been playing great and gave up two TDs with their starting two CBs out. 

The last drive was embarrassing but that wasn't my point, the point was, the offense blew this game with a zillion missed opportunities. Giving up 20 in a game is not terrible. As if I said "the defense didn't give up a 40+ yard pass in a city above sea level" or something ...

None of those stats matter. We lost the game.

I don't care if the offense, defense, or special teams play ****ty; none of those are excuses for any other phase to play like they did.

Offense ****ed up because Matt Jones can go jump off a bridge.  A low one into pads, but still.

Defense ****ed up the last drive. There is no disputing that.  Doesn't matter what they did before.

Teams ****ed up less than others, but Hopkins can't miss that field goal.

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

My worry is Detroit gave the league a blueprint in terms of how easy it is to march down that field.

Nah, not really. Barry called the same bull**** against the Ravens at the end of the game. They marched right down the field, no blitzing, allowing everything underneath and just praying they run out of time. Barry is overmatched as a DC. That four-game streak has clouded people's views of him as a coach. 

2 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

HTTR 

I was thinking the same. But the D has been good and Gruden probably felt the D should be able to stop them. Guess Gruden won't make that same mistake again (hopefully). 

1 minute ago, thesubmittedone said:

You know what makes me real sad, though? It's that I can't really tell the difference on here, with regards to tone and temperament, between our 4 game winning streak and this loss today. It's almost exactly the same. That's crazy to me, we're just having next to zero fun in here... it's so sad. 

You just described my fanhood.  Sucked for so long that it doesn't even feel like a win streak as opposed to a four-week break between losses.

Archived