Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread -Redskins at Lions

TK

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Really? The D allowed a whopping 20 points. Meanwhile the offense shot themselves in the foot all game long. Penalties and Matt Jones lost this game.

Penalties? We only had 4 of them... Not much.

4 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Was it just me  who thought we scored to early on our final drive? I know some will say score when you can score. But if Cousins gives himself up about 2 yards from the goal line, we can then force the Lions to use timeouts and we at worst come away with a FG and overtime. Just a thought don't be to hard on me .

HTTR 

I believe that was the initial plan. You just can't blame Cousins for going for the TD when he had the opportunity here.

5 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Was it just me  who thought we scored to early on our final drive? I know some will say score when you can score. But if Cousins gives himself up about 2 yards from the goal line, we can then force the Lions to use timeouts and we at worst come away with a FG and overtime. Just a thought don't be to hard on me .

HTTR 

ALERT DC9 ALERT

Ya know, I'm pissed that we lost in that fashion, not that we lost.

Many of us knew Stafford is an accomplished and good QB and we all HOPED we would win but KNEW Detroit would be a handful.

But, there has to be a change at DC; the success thus far has been from individual performers, nothing to do with scheme, and now we lost a real emotional game that might haunt this team the rest of the year.

This team needs to look itself in the mirror and decide whether they want to win or collect a paycheck, because with the players we have on offense we should be able to put up a lot more than 17 points against a defense ranked near the bottom.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

None of those stats matter. We lost the game.

For the third time, I was responding to a single post which implied that (a) the loss was solely on the defense and (b) the last drive means they've sucked this entire season. I was simply pointing out that while they completely failed on that drive, it does not prove the latter and they had been very solid at not allowing TDs up until Norman and Breeland went down, which is their job.

That's it. That was my point. You're arguing something completely different. Settle down dude, it's just a game.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Boy Gruden was SALTY in his pressed.  First time I've seen him quite that short and ticked off...

Good.  Guy needs to grow a pair and bench someone for ****ing up.  Two fumbles, one lost, in FIVE carries.  FIVE.  Shouldn't have seen the field again.

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

For the third time, I was responding to a single post which implied that (a) the loss was solely on the defense and (b) the last drive means they've sucked this entire season. I was simply pointing out that while they completely failed on that drive, it does not prove the latter and they had been very solid at not allowing TDs up until Norman and Breeland went down, which is their job.

That's it. That was my point. You're arguing something completely different. Settle down dude, it's just a game.

You new?

Anyway, I was arguing that those stats are stupid, because they are.  Flacco broke a record for most throws without a pick.  Then threw one the very next pass attempt.  And then another.  And lost the game.  Those stats mean nothing.

7 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

HTTR 

The one problem with the theory is that there is no guarantee that score from the 2 yard line.  Fumble is a possibility or an INT.  Can't assume anything.  

Yes Cousins Scored way to early - 20 around about 20 seconds to early - maybe if he had done some temco bowl Bo Jackson running round at the goal line stuff like any QB would have done and we win the game easy....

We made too many mistakes against a team for all tense and purposes is us - The lions are a powerhouse offence and we held them to 3 for a half - BUT we shot ourselves in the foot so many times it is like a coulinder - 

The one good thing - on  the winning streak because i have had to put my girls to bed every game and they never settle I have watched about one half of football all season live - i am going to the bengals game i thought for a second I would have to simply be distracted all afternoon if we won - but they were just the same and we lost so - hey not on my shoulders

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

All this damn noise I took from the @Redskins last week, and y'all go out and lose to the @Lions?? @FirstTake can't come soon enough in AM

He can die in a fire.  I hate that guy.

*I don't actually want him to die in a fire.  No reason to waste a perfectly good fire.

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Good.  Guy needs to grow a pair and bench someone for ****ing up.  Two fumbles, one lost, in FIVE carries.  FIVE.  Shouldn't have seen the field again.

Gruden will chalk it up to Jones having a bad game. Jones is not starting material; he's a back-up. Fumble issues have followed this guy for awhile, and he had 1 good game; that doesn't constitute being named a starter. Besides, it was Thompson who showed him up last week.

You can say Cousins scored too early if you want but you gotta take the TD if its there. What's he supposed to do? Kneel at the 1? In a tie game yeah sure do that, or if you're only down 1-2, so a chip shot FG wins it. In that spot you take the TD because there are no guarantees(we already had one fumble through the end zone earlier). This D did manage to hold one score leads during our four game win streak.

Just now, skins island connection said:

Gruden will chalk it up to Jones having a bad game. Jones is not starting material; he's a back-up. Fumble issues have followed this guy for awhile, and he had 1 good game; that doesn't constitute being named a starter. Besides, it was Thompson who showed him up last week.

Fifteen minutes ago he literally said he's the starter and won't bench him for fumbles.  It's ridiculous.

Archived