Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread -Redskins at Lions

TK

19 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Teams drop 8 or even 9 into coverage all the time in the redzone. ALL THE TIME. 

It's a legit strategy, because the windows are tighter there and it's even harder to fit it in with all those passing lanes being clogged up. Teams have done it to us all year and we've struggled against it. Furthermore, we've got our best corner out so it's harder to leave these guys on an island and assume they'll win one on one every time. 

We need more from Kerrigan. We need more from Preston. We need more from Baker. Stafford was largely untouched and when we did get to him it was a poor enough angle that he could easily escape. Kudos to their Oline, though... they were excellent today. 

Tough loss, but everyone going nuts here and screaming for guys to get fired or benched... just too much after winning 4 straight and dropping one to a team that's been real hot at home.   

You know what makes me real sad, though? It's that I can't really tell the difference on here, with regards to tone and temperament, between our 4 game winning streak and this loss today. It's almost exactly the same. That's crazy to me, we're just having next to zero fun in here... it's so sad. 

I could not agree more. It's one thing to be pissed - which I am. But all these idiotic knee jerk reactions just make no sense. And people calling for Barry's head just need to stop it. Dumbest ****ing thing I have heard. D was the only reason we were even in this game! That last drive was without both starting CBs!

We won 4 straight and we lose one and people want to **** can the whole thing! Makes no sense.

This team is still building. It's going to take time - period.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that Jones can play as piss poor as he has thus far this year, fumble as much as he has, get outplayed by both Kelley AND CT, and Gruden says he's still the starter? Seriously, what in the absolute **** does he have on Gruden, to keep his job?

I'm always upset at a loss but I don't feel terrible about this game. Matt jones needs less of a role than he has. Thompson is a starting to look more and more like the RB we need for this type of offense. Kelly looked good as well. The defense really has turned itself around. All 3 fumbles cost us. Even the one we didn't lose was a wasted play and Matt jones was part of all 3. I believe he can be good but he's not ready for the burden of a bell cow role. Imo.

Tough loss today.  The team didn't want it as much as Detroit.  We didn't have the killer instinct today. 

Jones has had a fumbling problem since the moment we drafted him.  Very frustrating to see him out there not taking care of the ball.  Something's just off with that dude.  He doesn't seem to have the inner fire you need.  He needs to get less carries moving forward.

Last defensive stand was disappointing.  I'd rather lose on the blitz than let Stafford move it down the field with ease.  Just too easy when you don't put any pressure on him in a dome.

We are still in real good shape.  4-3 and in a competitive division.  We take care business next week, and we will be ok.

1 minute ago, bradboyd80 said:

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that Jones can play as piss poor as he has thus far this year, fumble as much as he has, get outplayed by both Kelley AND CT, and Gruden says he's still the starter? Seriously, what in the absolute **** does he have on Gruden, to keep his job?

it starts with the HC. Gruden has no heart/balls sometimes. it shows on the field with the lack of aggressiveness at times and it's showing here. send a strong message that we're sick of your **** 2 yrs in a row. 1 is enough but 3 is beyond unacceptable. especially one that hurt us so bad in the RZ. get some Bellicheat in your blood and put him in the doghouse. 

it's especially baffling since CT and Kelley are playing so well. his hands arent tied and he has options. idc how salty and pissy he is in press conferences. show the changes on the damn field.

Hate the loss, too.  Felt a lot like the MNF loss last season.  Like that game, we were behind, came back and lost it again.  Before both games, we were the team feeding bulletin board material to the opponents versus for most the season it being the reverse where the arrogance came from opponents.  The slap in the face of the Dallas game last season (one reporter I think it was Keim, said that a player told him the aftermath of that loss fed their hunger and they lost that hunger a little before that game and were feeling themselves too much).   They could have won this one, it was tight.  We beat Cincy, all is cool again.

Not that it matters but Stephen Smith will double up this week on the Redskins because his refrain for years has been when the lights shine the brightest on the Redskins they fail -- so we got that London game coming up.

Archived