Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread -Redskins at Lions

TK

22 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

My worry is Detroit gave the league a blueprint in terms of how easy it is to march down that field.

Like... if they have an all pro corner back knock him out of the game.

Also, knock their number 2 out as well.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You can say Cousins scored too early if you want but you gotta take the TD if its there. What's he supposed to do? Kneel at the 1? In a tie game yeah sure do that, or if you're only down 1-2, so a chip shot FG wins it. In that spot you take the TD because there are no guarantees(we already had one fumble through the end zone earlier). This D did manage to hold one score leads during our four game win streak.

It makes no sense for Cousins to run out of bounds at the 1.

Gruden would have tried forcing that damned bunch formation that doesn't do squat and would have fallen into Detroit's defensive scheme. It blows my mind every time, EVERY TIME, they get down to the goal line and try that damned play, instead of spreading out the defense. No RB on our roster can be counted on to get a yard in those situations, along with our line.

10 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Tough loss, but everyone going nuts here and screaming for guys to get fired or benched... just too much after winning 4 straight and dropping one to a team that's been real hot at home.   

You know what makes me real sad, though? It's that I can't really tell the difference on here, with regards to tone and temperament, between our 4 game winning streak and this loss today. It's almost exactly the same. That's crazy to me, we're just having next to zero fun in here... it's so sad. 

Dude, it has been that way since the original owners/creators of this board sold it to the Washington Redskins.

When the board was private, they held tight reign over membership. Now that the team owns it, all the ugly masses are allowed in. :) 

Now, the idiot peanut gallery has taken over the board. So it doesn't matter what the team does in a game, win or lose, it's the same crap sewer every Sunday.

Don't misunderstand that. I'm not blaming you mods. It's an impossible job to contain the ugly masses. It's like trying to keep the ocean back with a broom, I'm sure. :) 

6 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

This team needs to look itself in the mirror and decide whether they want to win or collect a paycheck, because with the players we have on offense we should be able to put up a lot more than 17 points against a defense ranked near the bottom.

This has been the Redskins MO most of the year on offense.  They haven't been great at finishing drives.  Attitude- and personnel-wise, however, they are turning the corner.  I haven't felt this good about them in a long time.

This one is totally on the players - they **** the bed - especially the Offense. I know it's popular to blame the coaches. But the fact is the coaches put the players in a position to win the game. They came up short. And the D was great most of the game and was the only reason we were even still in it! They should not have had to defend that last minute drive down both the starting CBs!

Cant; believe I stayed up all night to watch this garbage (in Asia right now). Lions may now become my most hated team! We can't seem to play a decent game against them! ****ing lions!

17 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Was it just me  who thought we scored to early on our final drive? I know some will say score when you can score. But if Cousins gives himself up about 2 yards from the goal line, we can then force the Lions to use timeouts and we at worst come away with a FG and overtime. Just a thought don't be to hard on me .

HTTR 

@DC9 Predicted your comment, so technically you aren't the only one that thought of it.  :)

I think PFT has a very good point ... 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/23/cousins-scores-stafford-answers-as-detroit-beats-washington/

Also this was one of those games where you almost are l litteraly playing yourself . 

The lions just got what might be a critical tie breaker in a late season playoff push - I am quite glad the Bengals destroyed the browns today - it means they can go on holiday happy two weeks off in London, take in the sites, maybe a show ... 

II you argue and can't back it up you deserve to be raked over the coals. We deserve whatever he says and the players, coaches, and fans need to take it. The only thing we can do is attack a suspect Begals team and kill them. However, we won't. AJ Green will destroy our secondary with Norman out due to a concussion. We will be 4-4 at the bye. Everyone be prepared. We deserve whatever SAS has to say. 

I mean if I'm a fan and B. Mitch I'm pissed. We went to bat for them and they did us like this?

I mean... Just Wow.

5 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Like... if they have an all pro corner back knock him out of the game.

Also, knock their number 2 out as well.

Everything was in the middle of the field, with no defenders around, with plenty of room to run. This has always been an issue for the team. i've seen Jason Witten abuse that part of the field against the redskins for years. We can't match up against athletic TEs. We play safeties deep and our ILB always overcommit on every play. That section of the field has ALWAYS been our achilles. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Everything was in the middle of the field, with no defenders around, with plenty of room to run. This has always been an issue for the team. i've seen Jason Witten abuse that part of the field against the redskins for years. We can't match up against athletic TEs. We play safeties deep and our ILB always overcommit on every play. That section of the field has ALWAYS been our achilles. 

Every team gives the middle of the field in that situation.

Either use timeouts or tick tock

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'm with you.  But RJF stay humble dude.  He crowed before the Dallas MNF game, too last year,

There's absolutely no reason why players can't celebrate after a big division win coming off the field. Its idiotic to take that out of context like they guaranteed a win at a press conference or something.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Not for 20 yards every time.

Not typically.

Again... you're down to special teamers playing against one of the better QBs in the league because your top 2 are out.

Don't get me wrong, I put this one on the defense.  But there isn't some "blue print" out there like you're saying.

Archived