Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curious case of Josh Doctson M.E.T. , (3-29-17, 100%)

SWFLSkins

8 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Yeah, let's hope so.......and for Doctson, I don't know what to think as this point. Just hope the kid uses the period on IR to get in a boot and come back strong, or take whatever other measures are necessary to allow him to fulfill the potential the team thought he had. Let's hope that next year is one hell of a year for him once he's back on track. No sense in rushing him back from IR. He and Kirk will have no kind of rhythm. Roll with the receivers we've got, for now.

It probably means that the Redskins might have to change the (presumed) approach they were going to take.

The belief is that the Redskins were going to keep either Jackson or Garcon, and let the other one go.

Now, they may have to keep both. Maybe give the one they were going to let walk a generous one-year deal as Docston's maturing as a player gets pushed back a year.

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

No surprise that all the whiny, negative nancies are rushing to this thread to proclaim the selection of Docston a bust, a waste, a stupid move, blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

They've hated the pick from day one, and couldn't wait to come here and proclaim their brilliance in their misery, even though Docston's story is far from finished yet.

You think that because he is now a Washington Redskin, they would support Docston. Sounds rational. Instead, they gloat at his unfortunate injury, and show him as much support as they showed guys like Kirk Cousins, Trent Murphy, and Matt Jones when they first started out. :rolleyes:

Well, I say let the negative whiners do their little tawdry little dance of victory. :806: Docston will be back next season, and I'll be excited to see him play.

The "injury" is pain, correct?  I'm not questioning his desire, but when it's planting season here on the farm I don't have time for pain.

According to this rant, I'm guessing you now have the proof you need to show that Scotty McGem was also against this pick. Him expressing his frustration at the circumstance only stands to further show that he didn't like Tanya Snyder making this pick. Oh well, lesson learned.

Anyone that had this same injury, was it closer to a sudden onset, or did it more build up slowly over time?  Using what little I have heard about Doct, I would guess slow onset. 

I knew an Orioles farm system pitcher. I asked him how can a guy show up in camp and then have to get surgery, and he said players do all they can to mask injuries until after they sign.  I don't know how correct that is, but wouldn't you if you weren't signed / drafted yet?  To those that imply he couldn't have this injury before draft day, how do you know what his pain threshold is, or how severe the pain was at the combine?  Players play through pain randomly all season and we as fans simply cannot tell who nor when, unless we are told. 

My internet conspiracy theory is that he was injured when drafted based on Scot breaking his hand. His future book: Drafted Damaged Goods; The Cardinal Sin of First's. A guy that gets injured in camp, why would a GM blow a fuse. They would all be walking in casts if that was common. 

2 hours ago, zoony said:

Waste of a first round pick  you can get injury project hi-pos in the late rounds

we also have no leverage in the Garçon and Jackson contracts now. Yay

Absolute waste of a #1 pick.  Should have gone DL with the pick.  No shock at all with the IR designation.  Damaged goods and who knows what for the future.  As far as Garcon and Jackson are concerned, I would go with Jackson with his speed, but that's for McGloughan to worry about.  

I read some of these comments and I'm wondering WTF.

I mean injuries happen guys. We drafted him hoping to replace Jackson or Garcon.

He can still do that with a good off season next year.

The guys career isn't over. There's plenty of talent on he field right now.

This team needs to just keep moving forward and let's hope he can get on the field healthy next year.

1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I mean injuries happen guys. We drafted him hoping to replace Jackson or Garcon.

This team needs to just keep moving forward and let's hope he can get on the field healthy next year.

Can you blame everyone? Kid has an injury that 8+ doctors can't figure out. Personally, I think it's a desire issue which obviously is awful news. Any production we get from Doctson here on out is a bonus in my mind

The problem is not that doctors cannot figure out what is going on it is that 8+ doctors cannot figure out a way to fix it quickly. 

Tendonitis or inflammation of the tendons is a real thing and often the only thing to stop it is to - well stop . It sounds like they were taking things easy but that might mean lots of things because keeping in game shape probably involved physiotherapy and conditioning work . 

I cannot imagine for a second the team would have put this much effort into a kid they thought was sandbagging or who had a lack of desire to play . Gruden would have , like so many coaches put the kid on IR from day one and moved on . 

History is important but you cannot run your life  by it . 

On 10/20/2016 at 8:49 AM, NattyBo said:

Sullivan, a 32 year old vet we signed off the street, most recently of Minnesota.  What are you trying to prove, is this a fandom measuring contest? I wasn't changing your point, just pointing out that Reiter is on IR, and nothing is a given.

Take it easy there big fella.  I was just trying to make the point that a roster spot for Doc has been wasted when it has been clear since missing the entire summer that this was a lost season for him. Reiter may not have been the best example I could have used, it may be true that Doc's spot may not have been used on him.   However him being hurt in another city after he left here isn't relevent at all, had he been here he obviously would not have been involved in the play there that got him hurt.  

12 hours ago, bowhunter said:

The "injury" is pain, correct?  I'm not questioning his desire, but when it's planting season here on the farm I don't have time for pain.

According to this rant, I'm guessing you now have the proof you need to show that Scotty McGem was also against this pick. Him expressing his frustration at the circumstance only stands to further show that he didn't like Tanya Snyder making this pick. Oh well, lesson learned.

Your silly, pathetic little rant speaks for itself. :806:

10 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Don't worry, dude.

I'm preserving this thread for all the draft geniuses coming on it and declaring Docston a bust, a failure, and that his career is over. :806:

I'll be sure to resurrect it when Docston is tearing it up for the Redskins next year.

It's most disappointing because we went multiple years without having the impact of new 1st round picks. Then we drafted a stud in Scherff and it's been huge. Now our next 1st rounder isn't contributing, and it's frustrating whether we needed his contribution year one or not. It's just  a bad feeling marring the general positivity most of us feel about this team. Just bad luck.

I'm not saying he can't still become a good player for us. But I do regret even more that the Colts stole Ryan Kelly from us, yes. Imagine being able to shift Long over to LG and have Kelly play Center? Shame.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

This thread is so much worse than losing our 1rst rounder this year and I hope he comes back in better shape than this discussion probably will.

My title stands, it's still a curious case. No reason to close the door yet, but not going to surprised either way based on known facts and overall history.

Might be biggest 1st rd bust since we took Andre Johnson in the 90s. If they didn't find any physical damage, why didn't he suck it up and play? You would think a Scot "football player" would do that. Seems like Cooley was on to something when he evaluated the kid in OTAs.

12 hours ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Can you blame everyone? Kid has an injury that 8+ doctors can't figure out. Personally, I think it's a desire issue which obviously is awful news. Any production we get from Doctson here on out is a bonus in my mind

Out of all the really bad takes, this has to be the worst narrative of all. People really need to get off this absolute garbage that it's a lack of desire. Anyone believing clearly has no idea what it takes to go from walk-on athlete to a starter at a major university, get on scholarship, make All-American, and then become an NFL 1st rd draft pick. The hard work, dedication, and resiliency is unreal. And you question this guys desire? Unreal.

Not sure why it is so hard for people to understand that **** happens! He has soreness in a part of his body that is critical to him doing his job! If you can't plant your foot or run full speed you can't be a WR! He has tried to play through as some would suggest. He can't. And he risks hurting it more and making it permanent.

Putting him on IR is the best thing for him and the team. He may never work out.

The injury may end his career before it starts. But the narrative has to be it's very unfortunate that it happened to such a hard working and gifted young man, not the ridiculous notion that he lacked desire.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This thread is so much worse than losing our 1rst rounder this year and I hope he comes back in better shape than this discussion probably will.

Could not agree more. People are going to believe what they want to believe regardless of the facts. No sense in trying to reason with them. I tried but I am done.

Where are the facts that he risks further injury playing on it? The only specific info we have is that multiple scans didn't even find micro tears and suddenly the other foot has the same phantom injury. 

The only thing he has done as a Redskin is is have Cooley question his love of football and going on IR based on an "injury" that no expert was able to find any tangible evidence as to the cause. In fact he shocked the coaching staff by not suiting up week 3. 

Questioning his desire and integrity is beyond reasonable based on the set of facts we have. Maybe if Scot had punched the kid instead of the wall, it would have knocked some sense into him.

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So...what is the theory for you yahoos. That he all of a sudden doesn't like football and doesn't want to play, so he's just pretending he's got an owie?

Lunatics, all of you. 

Same exact thing happened with Andre Johnson out of Penn State in 96 or 97. We drafted him as the left tackle to replace Jim Lachey in first round and we cut him after 1 year. That was a Casserly pick and not Vinny. 

Maybe the kid is happy with the deal he has, banks a few million and walks without taking any NFL hits.

22 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Question:  Is this season-ending IR, or temporary holding IR?

not necessarily season ending...could be back for last 2 weeks and playoffs...sorta like Litch last year...I could b wrong

21 hours ago, goskins10 said:

LOL I am in Asia 

cool...where in Asia?

Archived