Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curious case of Josh Doctson M.E.T. , (3-29-17, 100%)

SWFLSkins

52 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

This is an epic fail as a 1st rounder.  I just don't understand how we didn't know he had chronic pain before we drafted him, hard to believe it happened right when he became a Redskins or in OTA's.

The whole thing just doesn't make sense.

Cannot know about something that did not exist.  It is not hard to believe it started at OTAs.  What is hard to believe is any other alternative.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Question:  Is this season-ending IR, or temporary holding IR?

You no longer have to declare when the player is put on IR. Before you had to designate that player for return when putting him on IR. Now if you have several guys on IR, you can wait and see how they respond.

12 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I know it's easier to complain than to look at the facts rationally, but lets try, shall we.

Feb 25th  WR NFL Combine date - Josh Doctson did so well he was considered one of the true risers of the combine: Here is the write-up from observers. Doctson solidified himself as a top-50 pick and likely moved into the first-round conversation with his performance in Indianapolis. At 6-foot-2 and 202 pounds, he has big hands (nearly 10 inches) and his arm length is just below average for wide receivers. While he didn't run in the 4.4s, his 4.50 40 is still faster than the five-year combine average for WRs. His lower-body explosiveness is evident when watching him win 50-50 balls on tape, and it showed up during the vertical jump (41 inches, tied for best among WRs) and the broad jump (10 feet 11 inches, second overall). Doctson showcased his outstanding ball skills during position drills, and he has the potential to develop into a vertical threat in the NFL.

Mar 31st - TCU Pro day - Here is a recap talking about his wrist injury which was completely healed and that he "solidified his position as a top prospect.": http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/03/31/pro-day-tour-doctson-solidifies-draft-stock-tcu’s-unheralded-rb-aaron-green

April 28th - NFL Draft - Redskins take him in the first rd.

So you are suggesting that either:

Josh Doctson lied about being injured during the NFL and Combine and the TCU Pro Day a month later - but was good enough at hiding it that no one noticed a thing? Ever further he excelled in both work outs rising up the draft boards of most GMs? That with a specific focus on his health (albeit a different injury - but seeing multiple doctors), that he fooled everyone on purpose and the team should have seen it?

Or, that he somehow injured it doing absolutely nothing for the 4 weeks between the Pro Day and the draft he injured and hid it, and that somehow the team should have known about that, despite numerous physicals?

**** happens! Period! It's sucks for us but more importantly it sucks for Josh. He is a great kid who worked his ass off to go from recruited walk-to All American to 1st rd draft pick. And that's the guy you say lied his way through the entire process and the team was clueless but should have known?

Sorry, the only thing that does not make sense is your comment.

I don't know what happened but either do you. You can fill in all the conspiracies you want, all I said is that he doesn't have a diagnosable injury because Exodus84 said "top picks get hurt and miss time".

The pick is a bust, plain and simple.

I see you changed your avatar.

I actually don't want them to reactivate him this season unless there is some crazy depth-killing problem that occurs (God forbid).  I feel like the only thing that could potentially happen to him if we activate him like week 15-16 is him  tweaking it again in the pursuit of meaningless stats.  There is no scenario where I feel like the results would be worth the risk (barring 2 regular season games, playoffs, 800 yards, 20 Tds, Super Bowl winning catch).  I want him to come to camp next year hungry, healthy, and ready to contribute because we may need him at that point.

46 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I don't know what happened but either do you. You can fill in all the conspiracies you want, all I said is that he doesn't have a diagnosable injury because Exodus84 said "top picks get hurt and miss time".

You are the one with conspiracy theories. Don't put that on me. You have been spinning these conspiracies from day one of this injury. You have accused the team of a cover up and also accused Josh of being weak. Then above you said that it made no sense and have either stated or implied the team should have known. That what actually makers no sense. I provided data to show that jumping to the conclusion that he was lying or the team was participating in a cover up makes no sense.

The pick may end up not working out, but it was the right pick at the time. More importantly calling it a bust 6 gms into a rookie season is extremely premature. 50% of all 1st rd picks do not work out. It's just a part of it.

And seriously, you are going to say something about my avatar? LOL I am in Asia and had no idea they were putting him on IR when I changed it. The first I heard about it was my first comment here. I was either on a plane, in a car or asleep when it happened. Anyway I changed my avatar 24 hrs ago. I change my avatar every so often. That was just a cheap shot. You are better than that.

41 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

You clearly have no idea what tendonitis (or tendonosis) is, and how difficult it can be at times to treat it. Once you do a little studying, then perhaps you can put out a more reasonable response.

If you really believe he's sandbagging it and faking his injury, or that he's an enormous bust already despite having not been able to work, etc., then there's nothing I can say that will discourage that opinion. It doesn't make sense, but you're entitled to it.

17 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

You clearly have no idea what tendonitis (or tendonosis) is, and how difficult it can be at times to treat it. Once you do a little studying, then perhaps you can put out a more reasonable response.

If you really believe he's sandbagging it and faking his injury, or that he's an enormous bust already despite having not been able to work, etc., then there's nothing I can say that will discourage that opinion. It doesn't make sense, but you're entitled to it.

I had tendonitis when I played soccer in college, they put a cast on me for 8 weeks.  Did you have any questions I can answer about it?

There's been no diagnosis of tendinosis, if so please post a link. 

10 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I had tendonitis when I played soccer in college, they put a cast on me for 8 weeks.  Did you have any questions I can answer about it?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17671144/washington-redskins-wr-josh-doctson-held-achilles-tendinitis

He got the injury in May.

There's no way he could have the combine and Pro Day he did, where it rose his stock to a 1st rounder, with an injured tendon and recurring pain, and not a single doctor catch it. Almost every team scouted this kid. Which means all of their medical teams were all over him too.

27 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

You had achilles tendonitis in college? Not all tendonitis is exactly the same.

Since you had a cast on for 8 weeks, it appeared that an extended period of rest was necessary for it to heal, which coincidentally, seems like that's what Doctson is going to need.

I'm assuming you recovered though, and were able to play soccer again, so I suppose you weren't a total bust.

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm moving on from this guy. If he can play well next year it's a bonus. Like having 2 first round picks next season. I'm not expecting much though. 

Kind of how I feel, the team is playing well without him. It will be exciting when he's healthy though. Until then, just win.

47 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17671144/washington-redskins-wr-josh-doctson-held-achilles-tendinitis

He got the injury in May.

There's no way he could have the combine and Pro Day he did, where it rose his stock to a 1st rounder, with an injured tendon and recurring pain, and not a single doctor catch it. Almost every team scouted this kid. Which means all of their medical teams were all over him too.

The link says tendonitis not tendinosis, the 2 are different and tendinosis can be very dangerous if you continue to stress the tendon.

30 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

You had achilles tendonitis in college? Not all tendonitis is exactly the same.

Since you had a cast on for 8 weeks, it appeared that an extended period of rest was necessary for it to heal, which coincidentally, seems like that's what Doctson is going to need.

I'm assuming you recovered though, and were able to play soccer again, so I suppose you weren't a total bust.

It did heal and I felt great again after the cast came off.  What I don't understand is why didn't they isolate the area for a period of time if they knew he had tendonitis, almost as if we underestimated the injury.

I know my position is a bit aggressive but this is a 1st round pick, you can't miss on 1st rounders.

No surprise that all the whiny, negative nancies are rushing to this thread to proclaim the selection of Docston a bust, a waste, a stupid move, blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

They've hated the pick from day one, and couldn't wait to come here and proclaim their brilliance in their misery, even though Docston's story is far from finished yet.

You think that because he is now a Washington Redskin, they would support Docston. Sounds rational. Instead, they gloat at his unfortunate injury, and show him as much support as they showed guys like Kirk Cousins, Trent Murphy, and Matt Jones when they first started out. :rolleyes:

Well, I say let the negative whiners do their little tawdry little dance of victory. :806: Docston will be back next season, and I'll be excited to see him play.

3 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Any word on how JG is doing with his rehab?

Since his injury happened so early (before the season even started), he should be ready come next season.

Hopefully, he is doing things different this time so as to not re-injure the other Achilles again.

Yeah, let's hope so.......and for Doctson, I don't know what to think as this point. Just hope the kid uses the period on IR to get in a boot and come back strong, or take whatever other measures are necessary to allow him to fulfill the potential the team thought he had. Let's hope that next year is one hell of a year for him once he's back on track. No sense in rushing him back from IR. He and Kirk will have no kind of rhythm. Roll with the receivers we've got, for now.

On 9/29/2016 at 1:36 AM, browntim16 said:

I am more than likely being "that guy", but Doctson is making me lose sleep.  I ruptured my Achilles about 6 months back (rehab sucks, leg is super small after sitting on a couch for two months post surgery).  Annnnnnnyway, in my discussions with my doctor, we ended up talking about how there really is no such thing as a "small Achilles issue".  Tendinitis is super problematic because if the amount of weight the tendon is consistently holding.  Like, career altering problematic.  I am holding out hope that because he is dealing with millionaire doctors, he will get rich people treatment and all will be well, but I have to admit I already have my sigh ready for when he gets IR'd.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

le sigh

I think that 'le sigh' sums up my feelings perfectly.

Archived