Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curious case of Josh Doctson M.E.T. , (3-29-17, 100%)

SWFLSkins

Fuller has established himself in a short term as a good NFL receiver.  I thought Doctson was the better play, and loved the pick over Fuller.  Without seeing a fully healthy Doctson I won't say it was a missed pick.  But the Fuller kid looks to be a real good player...

6 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I feel like that's gonna be a debate on this board for the next few years.

Should we have taken Fuller instead of Doctson?

At the moment, we should've taken ANYBODY instead of Doctson.  lol

But seriously, who could've predicted this thing with the achilles?  We dont know that he's not every bit as good as Fuller yet.  A year from now at this time, if he's scuffling and not impactful, then we might have some true buyer's remorse. 

I wonder when Josh's injury happened. I presume he was a full participant at the combine. I suspect he was injured before he was drafted, hence the broken fist. Athletes in sports mask injuries as a priority until they sign. . 

With every passing day, IR lingers as the best option for him since we are close to ~ 5 months of this injury not going away.At some point letting him eat a roster spot is not wise, right? Get the best available DL/ILB in here. 

Play internet doctor. 5 months and still unable to practice. Eventually, all will agree a look for the long term is what is best - ironically why some say he was drafted - for when DJax and Pierre bail. Is anyone optimistic of even a single TD from him at this point?  The under lingers as well. 

I know I read a quote from him in one of the papers saying the initial soreness was just "wear and tear" which said to me that the injury was from last year.  If that's the case then our scouting dept failed miserably.  I may be wrong but I would swear I read that.  

1 hour ago, 3 Rings said:

I know I read a quote from him in one of the papers saying the initial soreness was just "wear and tear" which said to me that the injury was from last year.  If that's the case then our scouting dept failed miserably.  I may be wrong but I would swear I read that.  

I've never heard "wear and tear" use in the sense of a previous injury.  "Wear and tear" in almost exclusively used as a reason for soreness or an injury happening...like: "player X has a meniscus injury from years of wear and tear". 

1 hour ago, 3 Rings said:

Here is the actual quote. It's from http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/ROOKIE-SPOTLIGHT-Josh-Doctson/75aaba8d-5c27-40cd-95ff-047b7222f52b

"Doctson’s Achilles required attention after natural wear and tear over the course of his football career began bothering him in the offseason, and he exacerbated the injury during OTAs when he tried to play through the pain. After rushing back too soon, Doctson is determined not to make the same mistake twice."

I know this hard for some people to understand - he got injured. It happens sometimes. No one is to blame. There is no cover up. No one missed anything. **** happens!

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Here is the actual quote. It's from http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/ROOKIE-SPOTLIGHT-Josh-Doctson/75aaba8d-5c27-40cd-95ff-047b7222f52b

"Doctson’s Achilles required attention after natural wear and tear over the course of his football career began bothering him in the offseason, and he exacerbated the injury during OTAs when he tried to play through the pain. After rushing back too soon, Doctson is determined not to make the same mistake twice."

I know this hard for some people to understand - he got injured. It happens sometimes. No one is to blame. There is no cover up. No one missed anything. **** happens!

Great find!  So I guess it begs the question...whose offseason?  Doctson's  before the draft or the Skins offseason after the draft.  

9 hours ago, 3 Rings said:

Great find!  So I guess it begs the question...whose offseason?  Doctson's  before the draft or the Skins offseason after the draft.  

Below are the combine results (Feb. 24th to 27th) followed by his pro day (TCU March 31st). The draft was April 28th. Can we stop the innuendo and witch hunt here? Again, **** Happens! He is injured. It sucks but there is no cover up or conspiracy by the team or Josh.

Josh Doctson, WR, TCU: Laquon Treadwell chose not to run, so I can't quite say he confirmed a top-10 spot. Doctson needed to work out in Indy, though, due to the wrist injury that sidelined him late in the year. He did what he needed to do by running a 4.5 40, exploding in the vertical (41 inches) and broad (10 feet, 11 inches) jumps, and showing off his strong hands throughout the workout. I'd be surprised if he didn't lock up a first-round slot.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Redskins are without first-round pick WR Josh Doctson today, and I’m told it’ll be a few more weeks. But they think he can avoid IR.

David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Unfortunately the expectation that Achilles tendonitis lingers is coming true for #JoshDoctson @Redskins

I think they'll wait until the bye week to decide whether to send Doctson to IR.  If he's relatively healthy, then there is some value to letting him play - either to help win the division or to find out what they have in order to plan for next year.  If he's not healthy enough to play at a high level by the bye week, then it's best to just shut it down.  Tendinosis can take a full six months for recovery and he might as well get started now.

Right now, I don't see any harm in having Doctson take up an inactive slot.  At least four of this week's inactives could be moved to the practice squad without much worry.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2016 at 10:04 PM, RWJ said:

Just a hunch, Doctson goes on IR when Carrier is eligible to come back.  Again, just a hunch.

Or we hang on all season. And if we need Carrier, Grant (WR) will be cut.  If possible, I think they want him around for the end of season/playoff time.  They will hold on as long as possible.  After the eagle's game, Grant may be on the bubble when we need to free up a spot. 

It's a no brainer to me, IR Doc if they need Carrier.

The team is obviously optimistic he can compete this year. I cannot recall a player injured as much to start their career, while not being IR'd. I think our staff is in denial as to the severity of the injury, and likely remains so thinking.... maybe one more week. It's just tendinitis... 

Apparently, no it is not.

I still think they are hoping to justify the pick this year by hoping he can pull in that ever elusive fade.  Even the most optimistic fans should now be lowering their OU TD predictions from preseason. 

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

I don't understand the whole "sore Achilles" thing.  Is he trying to avoid surgery?  Is surgery not an option?  How did he play in one game after sitting & then sit again without reinjuring himself?  For the love of God, please give me some insight..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV5acw3LQROUTVqkkqfx-

Archived