Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curious case of Josh Doctson M.E.T. , (3-29-17, 100%)


SWFLSkins

Recommended Posts

How many people with their own Achilles issues (myself included) have to reply to clear this up?

It's the worst area to get injured in. It never really goes away. One day, one step you feel fine and then that *twing* hits with no warning, even with proper footwear, stretching, and strengthening. That pain could instead be increased soreness the day after a workout, or running a lot of fade routes in a game. 

Even if it is surgically repaired, and again you don't electively mess with this area in lieu of a known injury, I bet he will deal with this for his entire career.

Unless the medical staff sees an acute injury or chronic condition causing irritation on an imaging report, there is no timetable for recovery. He's ready to go when he says so, and doesn't rush himself to get on the field (the worst possible thing he could do now).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, just send him home for like, 8 weeks.  We don't need him right now.

Send his ass home, tell him not to move from the couch, certainly don't run anywhere and just don't move.  Let it heal and don't show up at Redskins park until it's all better.  

That may sound a bit extreme, but that's not far from how I truly feel.  Rest up, don't try to do anything until it's completely gone, whatever it is.  

****s annoying, honestly.  I'm not writing Doctson off and it's absolutely stupid to do so this early on but it's annoying, for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

I'm usually as level-headed of a fan as they come but this just smells like a bust. Unless it's a can't-miss generational talent I hate the proposition of drafting a WR or RB in the first round. He has looked like crap since he's been with us, injured or not. Shut him down for the rest of the year and hope he can look ok during OTA. At this point I'm relying on Cravens and Fuller to be the saviors of this draft class. Could tell in GMSM post-draft presser he wasn't nearly as excited in this class compared to last years. With a nice amount of picks upcoming, I wouldn't expect a consecutive crap draft class from Scot 

 

Congratulations, you just won worst post of the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bankonhank said:

Welp it's settled folks, we have had WR with injuries before who never reached their full potential and this is the exact same situation, we wasted our first pick, total bust, he will never play another snap this season let alone his entire life, RIP

 

LOL, 15zpzu.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

I follow Jordan and Dani on fb, got to be friends with her before the baby, his is not a question of toughness, trust me. HE practices and plays full on, he plays harder/contact,  than he should for a guy with his skills. 

It was questioned on here is what I meant.

1 hour ago, Master Blaster said:

Congratulations, you just won worst post of the day.

Hey, I still have 9 1/2 hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

This is exactly what happened to Laron Landry. He missed all of preseaon in 2011 had the same shockwave treatment Doctson had on his achillies and was in and out of the lineup. The Skins put him on IR in December of that year but he refused surgery and wanted to a stem cell procedure instead. 

No point putting him on IR unless they are going to cut it and repair it. That's where this is headed. This has bust written all over it.

Except Landry actually tore his Achilles, right? Different issue entirely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

Thank you, I know you're a big fan of my posts.

I don't actually remember what our beef is supposed to be about, I just disagreed with the post I quoted. But I'll trust you and assume we have one, which means I have to pass it down to my children and their children. Message board blood feud. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a "sore" Achilles "off and on" for over a year now.  Sometimes it is a little sore when I get out of bed.  Sometimes it is sore after I run 4 miles. Sometimes it is sore after I run 10+ miles.  I ran 16 miles Saturday and it was fine during and after.  There is no rhyme or reason that I have been able to tell. Whenever it is sore before I run...I just run anyway and everything has been just fine (knock wood).

BUT

I am not playing any sports (besides running, triathlon, etc) and not making any dynamic movements with my lower body.  I would be very hesitant to play baseball, soccer, etc right now because of this issue. Starting and stopping/changing directions quickly/with explosion scares the crap out of me...and I would bet Josh is having similar feelings. Or maybe his just hurts way more than mine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't actually remember what our beef is supposed to be about, I just disagreed with the post I quoted. But I'll trust you and assume we have one, which means I have to pass it down to my children and their children. Message board blood feud. 

 

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back during training camp, Chris Cooley questioned if Doctson really loves to play football. Chris said the moment he observed the 2016 rookie mini camp in Ashburn he had doubts about Doctson's commitment to his craft. 

Many on this board and on social media jumped all over him saying things like "Cooley doesn't know what he's talking about, he's a hater, he's jealous," etc.

Really hope that's not true

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be real for a second--love of the game and work ethic are basically the MOST important things to Scot. Are we really going to believe that not only did he completely whiff on this aspect of his first round pick's character after studying his film and meeting him (which is hard enough to believe, given his obsession with these qualities and success finding them in his draft picks here so far)...but also that it showed itself immediately in rookie mini camps and Cooley sniffed it out just like that? 

Now, don't get me wrong, this would definitely have a bit of a "takes one to know one" quality, coming from Cooley. But I just don't buy it. And it's not me being a defensive homer--it just doesn't work for me, logically.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Let's be real for a second--love of the game and work ethic are basically the MOST important things to Scot. Are we really going to believe that not only did he completely whiff on this aspect of his first round pick's character after studying his film and meeting him (which is hard enough to believe, given his obsession with these qualities and success finding them in his draft picks here so far)...but also that it showed itself immediately in rookie mini camps and Cooley sniffed it out just like that? 

Now, don't get me wrong, this would definitely have a bit of a "takes one to know one" quality, coming from Cooley. But I just don't buy it. And it's not me being a defensive homer--it just doesn't work for me, logically.

 

Doctson said the Redskins’ decision to draft him came as a total surprise. He had only had an informal interview with the team at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis in February.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2016/04/28/nfl-draft-redskins-take-wide-receiver-josh-doctson/

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Doctson said the Redskins’ decision to draft him came as a total surprise. He had only had an informal interview with the team at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis in February.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2016/04/28/nfl-draft-redskins-take-wide-receiver-josh-doctson/

I know we didn't have him in for a visit, but every GM in the league meets pretty much every big prospect at the Combine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Except Landry actually tore his Achilles, right? Different issue entirely.

 

No he did not. Similar injury to Doctson used same shockwave procedure to try and heal it. Didn't work. Redskins asked him to have surgery he opted for a stem cell treatment he had to pay for himself because the Skins felt he needed surgery after the shockwave treatment failed to cure it. Doctson is basically at the same point Landry was at in November of 2011.

Putting him on IR and resting it could leave him in the same exact situation next year. Cutting it and rebuilding it will cost him speed and flexibility. It's a crappy situation but we've seen it before so it shouldn't be a shock when unforeseeable bad things happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I've had a "sore" Achilles "off and on" for over a year now.  Sometimes it is a little sore when I get out of bed.  Sometimes it is sore after I run 4 miles. Sometimes it is sore after I run 10+ miles.  I ran 16 miles Saturday and it was fine during and after.  There is no rhyme or reason that I have been able to tell. Whenever it is sore before I run...I just run anyway and everything has been just fine (knock wood).

BUT

I am not playing any sports (besides running, triathlon, etc) and not making any dynamic movements with my lower body.  I would be very hesitant to play baseball, soccer, etc right now because of this issue. Starting and stopping/changing directions quickly/with explosion scares the crap out of me...and I would bet Josh is having similar feelings. Or maybe his just hurts way more than mine. 

 

Nah, I think you are onto something, it is the cutting. I have or knock on wood had  plantar fasciitis and it comes and goes. Hadn't been a problem for awhile now and I walk a lot at work, back and forth, lifting, up stairs,,,,which is great. I also Coach youth Basketball and like to run with the kids or play scrimmages, do drills, etc. Not too long ago I did a drill where you run to a spot and then cut to the basket and in demonstrating I felt a pop on my arch. Scared the crap out of me, I still don't know what it was, but I don't run and cut full speed any more. Hhaha. It burned for hours, but I woke up the next day after elevating and icing and it was gone. 

I think he still feels it is there, and is afraid to press it. I'd er on the side of caution and make sure I felt nothing before trying to cut full speed. 

During camp one of the good Twitter film guys put up a Doctson practice TD on a Fade route, which he jumped and caught. I got blasted for commenting about the arc he ran for the route and showing no step inside, head fake inside, just seemed lazy to me. I didn't put two and two together until later....that heel is still bothering him. You could tell in the Dallas game, simple routes, no dramatic hesitations and cuts. 

I hope the guy heals quick and makes an impact this year, but if not I certainly am not writing him off. My point about the fan base is pretty clear, WR hopes and crushed dreams are the norm here. For once I'd like a WR to come in here and take off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BuhBuhBiggie said:

I really think Doctson will be a star for us, but in all honesty, we needed a DL over a WR. Hindsight is 20/20 I know, but imagine Reed right now with Baker/RJF/Jenkins/Murphy, we still draft Su'a, but then we instead take Fuller or Sharpe at WR. Again, Scot Mac knows his ****, but we badly needed a DL with that first pick. 

I agree 100% about what we need and it was not a receiver in the 1st rd but so far I am not impressed with SM. If the guy was so good then how come he was let go in other places. Can someone please explain this. I think drafting BPA is fine for a stacked team but when your D is bottom 1/3 or maybe even bottom 5 you have to draft defense and hit with a 1st rd pick. You can't afford mistakes. I thought the Su'a pick was shaky but he did come through against the nats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I agree 100% about what we need and it was not a receiver in the 1st rd but so far I am not impressed with SM. If the guy was so good then how come he was let go in other places. Can someone please explain this. I think drafting BPA is fine for a stacked team but when your D is bottom 1/3 or maybe even bottom 5 you have to draft defense and hit with a 1st rd pick. You can't afford mistakes. I thought the Su'a pick was shaky but he did come through against the nats.

Because he's an alcoholic and was drinking on the job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...