Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Changes Would You Make?

Koolblue13

1. Stop trying to get a WR in Doctson involved in a game where the entire team is not even ready.

2. Get rid of the current uniform color; yea, I know, yada yada yada, but it just looks awful; maybe the players may respond to a change.

3. Barry, see ya later masturbator. I'm still dumbfounded as why we hired a DC whose defense was 31st with his previous team. I of all people wanted Haslett gone more than anyone period, but this was a poor choice.

4. Find a damn vet running back who knows how to hit the hole; while they're at it, get a fullback as well to help in o-line blocking.

5. When Cousins goes out to his first drive, tackle his ass to get the jitters outta him.

6. Get someone else to call the plays. Our best players on the sideline in the redzone while we're trying to force feed Doctson [see #1]

4 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Actually have a commitment to the running game. 

The only problems with that is, our backs aren't worth a crap, and Gruden would end up calling a running play on 1st downs every single damn time like he did earlier last year.

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Now don't get me wrong, he does throw some dimes, like the TD to Crowder today and plenty of nice throws last year. But his high completion percentage isn't totally a representation of how accurate he is on a play to play basis.

I hear ya but you don't all of the sudden lose your accuracy as a passer.  His problem is between his ears.  I'm sure he'll come back from this.

1 minute ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

I hear ya but you don't all of the sudden lose your accuracy as a passer.  His problem is between his ears.  I'm sure he'll come back from this.

I didn't say he lost his accuracy, and he definitely is less accurate right now than he was last year during our hot streak.

My main point is that I don't think he was ever as accurate as his stats indicate, for the reasons I stated. He's not some master of ball placement on a play to play basis.

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Bench Litch- Start Long

Benching is too light. In a situation where every second counts, in a literal last minute drive, with no timeouts, to pull another bone-headed penalty, a false start snap, same as week 1, where 10 seconds of the available 18 runoff, where we go from having maybe three plays to just having one hail mary ... to only bench that abomination is to give a green light to every other undisciplined half-assed performance we see each week.

Please make a statement and can his ass right now. 

Oh, and I'd activate Reiter from the PS. At least try and find out if he's NFL material. Conservative thinking would imply going to Long who has played NFL games, but Reiter been grooming for 2 years now, throw him to the fire. It's like starting the Sophomore on Varsity when the team is crap, in order to pay dividends in the following years. 

Stay the course, kill them all in practice, no breaks no nothing until they're all broken down. We might have a thousand injuries like last year but they'll be tough and ready to own people in the 4th like last year.  

We're just soft right now, and too many of our key guys are playing poorly. That's the one positive I'm holding on to right now. I just can't see guys like Breeland, Cousins, Preston and Kerrigan continue to play like this. At least not all of them. 

As for personnel....

I was worried about Bruton and Phillips going into the season, and yeah... that friggin came to fruition thus far. Hate myself. I probably cursed them.  

Norman onto the #1 WR full-time. 

Can see a vet RB getting a look, Pierre Thomas?

Would stop trying to be arrogant with play calling. Being too clever trying the throw/ fool the opponents doesn't work. Get the ball to our primary TE/WR and let them make plays. All this fade route crap being too clever is absurd.

As for defence, there are little other options. It will be a 25-30 points per game. 

Overall? Nothing drastic. Just let Scott build the team. Most of these players won't be around once we are good anyways. Last year making the playoffs messed with everyone head. Team is still rebuilding.

For this season? Defense is lacking talent on the line. Can't get pressure so it exposes the LBers and secondary. Can't stop the run either.

On offense, it's on Kirk. He can't play like Kirk, he has to play like last years second half Kirk.

I never wanted Synder to do a thing for this team but now I would applaud if he says to ScottM whatever you do Barry has got to go.  Gruden needs to sit Cousins down and tell him this game was gift rapped for him to win and he missed badly.  He gets one more chance or he seats for Colt.  F it might as well go 2-14 and get a high pick.

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

He didn't make the team

We signed him again this week

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

There aren't any changes that you can realistically make once the season starts. 

Make Bruton inactive would be nice. Let Dunbar play nickel. Bench JAG Compton and play S'ua?

Pray Kirk stops sucking. 

I'd let Fuller play slot, throw him into the fire. He'll make dumb mistakes but can't be worse than Phillips and is way more talented. 

1 minute ago, TheGreek1973 said:

I never wanted Synder to do a thing for this team but now I would applaud if he says to ScottM whatever you do Barry has got to go.  Gruden needs to sit Cousins down and tell him this game was gift rapped for him to win and he missed badly.  He gets one more chance or he seats for Colt.  F it might as well go 2-14 and get a high pick.

Can't allow Snyder to get involved.

31 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Bench Bruton- Start Nacho 

Fire Barry- Promote Perry Fewell

Bench Foster- Start Spaight/Cravens

Sign Knighton, which I was completely against the other day.

Bench Litch- Start Long

Start Nacho. Burton is horrible.

Re-sign Perry Riley (injury to Spraight) and start Riley/Cravens

Find D-line, Center, and OLB off of practice squads and any out of work vets.

Stop the stubborn play calls that we can't execute.  No more fades to Doctson. You put enough of it on film.

Stop throwing screens, we don't block them well.

Trade Garcon if you can get a 4th or 5th.

Archived