Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Changes Would You Make?

Koolblue13

*Please keep it to changes, with solutions*

0-2 0-1 in the division and the Giants coming up. We are not a good team.

Bench Bruton- Start Nacho

Fire Barry- Promote Perry Fewell

Bench Foster- Start Spaight/Cravens

Sign Knighton, which I was completely against the other day.

Bench Litch- Start Long

Absolutely NOTHING yet.  I would wait to see how the coaching staff and players respond.  It's a 16 game season and while 0-2 and 0-1 in the division is bad it certainly isn't over yet.  But if you are to scroll through the knee jerk reactions in every single post and thread you may think that is the case.  This is why you should avoid the forums at all costs after a game.  It's either OMG SUPER BOWL!! or the end of the world.  Take your midol

I would remove the fade route from any page of any playbook. We have way too many weapons on offense, even with Kirk's horrible inaccuracy, to rely on such a horrible play call at critical moments in the game. 4 fade routs with goal to go, 3 of them to a rookie WR with almost no game experience? It boggles my mind.

2 minutes ago, MonkFan8 said:

I would remove the fade route from any page of any playbook. We have way too many weapons on offense, even with Kirk's horrible inaccuracy, to rely on such a horrible play call at critical moments in the game. 4 fade routs with goal to go, 3 of them to a rookie WR with almost no game experience? It boggles my mind.

Most accurate passer in the NFL (last year).  But hey what does that matter

Not that it'll do anything this year and I've always had Snyders back figuring he really is a huge fan and wants nothing more than to win games but im starting to be in the camp that thinks we'll never be successful under snyder.

I just think he doesn't make smart football decisions and everything else just trickles down.

Maybe with enough time we can be successful under smgm but im really starting to feel we'd be better off with a new owner. 

There isn't an obvious thing you can change at this point

Kirk has to be better. If he is accurate last week the Redskins start the game up 14-0 and it is a different game. Might not win but there is a chance

If Kirk is better this week, the team scores at least 21 more points and again it is a different game.

Scheme changes? Some more blitzing really. Run D is going to be a struggle all year

On O? Just hope Kirk starts hitting wide open guys

Changes? Cut out the mistakes. 

I wouldn't make any drastic ones. Honestly. Just go out and work your tails off in practice, prepare for NY, play as hard as you did today bit cut out the mistakes and take the opportunity's you get. 

Really not feeling all this fume. Just the frustration. Better decisions and execution we win that. Just work hard and correct this mistakes in practice this week. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Not that it'll do anything this year and I've always had Snyders back figuring he really is a huge fan and wants nothing more than to win games but im starting to be in the camp that thinks we'll never be successful under snyder.

I just think he doesn't make smart football decisions and everything else just trickles down.

Maybe with enough time we can be successful under smgm but im really starting to feel we'd be better off with a new owner. 

Seriously? In a what would you change thread, you mention Snyder who has nothing to do with anything now?

Just now, Thirtyfive2seven said:

The issue is Kirk's ball placement has always been iffy. His completion percentage is high because he is usually smart about finding the open guy, but our hot streak last year featured a LOT of great plays on the ball by our weapons on meh throws that were close enough to catch but not "great" throws. Unfortunately those are the same balls he's not giving our guys a chance to win right now, seems afraid to throw up the contested balls. Which is ironic because all of his INT's are coming on awful decisions straight to defenders and not on contested balls that he tosses up there for our receivers. 

Now don't get me wrong, he does throw some dimes, like the TD to Crowder today and plenty of nice throws last year. But his high completion percentage isn't totally a representation of how accurate he is on a play to play basis.

Spaight is having concussion symptoms again.  He may not be available, short term or long term. 

We need new coaches.  I've had enough with Gruden.  I don't think anyone on the staff is worth keeping.  Barry is just a younger Haslett.  Think about it, we could've had Wade Philips.  Gruden ultimately is responsible.  He doesn't know how to judge talent.  I'd rather have his brother.

Lichtensteiger needs to go.  Why oh why did Stork fail his physical?

WE have enough for a nucleus of a good defense, if we had a decent DL.  Knighton is a stop-gap, but I felt we should've kept him all along.  We need to heavily focus the draft on defensive line... and quarterback

No more patience with Cousins.  Tell him he's going to be pulled if this **** happens again.  We can ride with McCoy for now, season is lost anyway if it comes to that.  Quarterback shopping in the offseason

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Fire Barry- Promote Perry Fewell

That's Number 1.  Fire Joe Barry.  I am sick of seeing absolutely wide open Receivers making uncontested catches 16 yards downfield on 3rd & 11, and I'm sick of watching opponents run the same play (& sometimes even the same formation) with success SEVERAL TIMES in the same half with no adjustment whatsoever!  I've seen enough of his Defense.

As far as what I would change/like to see different, Matt Jones must get the ball more.  He didn't even look bad today.  But as usual, McVay abandons The Run far too quickly.  And at this point, we cannot rely on Cousins's arm to get it done.  Let's get him back into a game manager mode until he gets his confidence back.

Things as they are cannot continue.

1 minute ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

2 games into 2016? Not a whole hell of a lot.

-Hardcore scout every team's practice squad for DL or C that would be an upgrade

-Blitz the hell out of a rookie QB. You know, like usually works, especially when your D-Line can't get any pressure on their own

-1 or 2 "trick" plays per game. Anything that can keep a D honest. Run a reverse or something, and then any time you fake it the D HAS to respect it.

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Seriously? In a what would you change thread, you mention Snyder who has nothing to do with anything now?

That's why i prefaced it with it won't do anything now.

Plus im not suggesting he cost us this game.

My point is its always the same old **** with this ****in team and the only thing that hasn't changed in the last 17 years is the owner .

So yes thats why i think we'd be better off.

And also read your thread title again carefully and you'll see my response has merit, otherwise be more specific. 

Archived