Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bryan Stork (C) released by Pats

Sherlock Holmes

CBS article said four concussions in 4 years not 2.  Still that's a lot.  Assuming that Stork makes the roster then he may really shakes up the OL roster. LeRib and Reiter are gone.  The question, in my mind, is whether Lichtensteiger is willing to take a pay cut to stay on the roster.  If he does then the team could let Stork and Lichtensteiger battle it out for starter.  Long either starts at LG or serves as the backup LG, C, and RG (the position he was originally groomed for).   But if Lichtensteiger somehow stays on the roster somebody else has to go.       

2 minutes ago, RedBeast said:

Makes me think GMSM wanted Ryan Kelly more than we know

I think he wanted and wants a lot of things. C, LG, 5 Tech, NT, FS, SS, RB. 

Cant address everything in a draft though - but when a good player becomes available you roll the dice. I expect us to be looking at the waiver wire for RB help and maybe SS and NT (though I think we will be standing pat with what we have on the roster at safety and D'Line).

Im starting to get the sense that Stork is kinda a weird malcontent duck. He has had 2 fights this preseason, which is fine with me. But apparently he messes up line checks and is not very cerebral. I wonder if he was like this pre-concussion. 

Here is an article re his very brief, leave-me-alone comments to media after last season ended -- https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/25/patriots-bryan-stork-makes-clear-next-year/sIfx98tN9Epyftl86ptTgN/story.html

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/8/24/12623450/patriots-qb-tom-brady-preferred-david-andrews-over-bryan-stork-at-center

Howe reports that “Brady had gotten into it with Stork for not knowing the line checks. Andrews is more cerebral, knows plays in & out.” ESPN’s Mike Reiss notes that Andrews has “endeared himself” to offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia. Howe also notes that the coaching staff didn’t like how Stork couldn’t “couldn't harness the attitude on the field.”

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Maybe McC thinks Callahan can turn Stork around

Worth a conditional 7th rounder I suppose

If I was a GM, I'd be moving conditional 7ths all the dang time.  7th rounders are like trying to hit a dart board while sitting in a chair, spinning, while blindfolded.

It happens, but you're also likely to be cutting the guy sometime in August.  For a guy like Stork, well worth locking up that 7th while we see if we ship it or not.

I don't think this guy is retiring. He's a tempermental dude, who just found out his behavior got himself traded. And he's young. It doesn't matter where he got traded to, he was probably raging against everyone and said something about retiring because he was pissed. Someone took it and ran. 

He'll soon be calling McCloughan trying to clear the air once he calms down. 

4 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I don't think this guy is retiring. He's a tempermental dude, who just found out his behavior got himself traded. And he's young. It doesn't matter where he got traded to, he was probably raging against everyone and said something about retiring because he was pissed. Someone took it and ran. 

He'll soon be calling McCloughan trying to clear the air once he calms down. 

He's had 4 concussions in 4 years.....I doubt he was just saying he'd retire cause of being mad about being traded..

25 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Or you'd be Jordan Reed. 

Are we sure that Jordan Reed never pondered his future after his concussions? I think in today's NFL, it would be perfectly normal to.

I'm just saying that if he is thinking about retiring instead of coming to Washington, it probably has nothing to do with us; it probably has more to do with him thinking about life after football.

Unless you were being sarcastic, then disregard this message. :)

Honestly, I knew nothin' about this guy before this thread started.  Based on what I've read here (& scoured over on Twitter) I hope we get him.  Improvement is improvement, so I'll take it.  But if the dude does decide to to retire, then I wouldn't fault him for that.  (I can count to 10 & remember my personal info, and really couldn't blame him if he wants to do the same going forward)

Just sayin; in the absence of real games to chew over, following these developments in real time has been fun.  

Dammit!  September 12th can't get here fast enough.

13 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

If he retires, and thus never reports to the Redskins, who holds the contract if he decides to return later - the Reskins or the Patriots?

The Redskins since the Pats traded him to us for a draft pick.  Unless the Redskins release him, which would make him a FA, then he could go anywhere he wanted.  

1 hour ago, PlayAction said:

CBS article said four concussions in 4 years not 2.  Still that's a lot.  Assuming that Stork makes the roster then he may really shakes up the OL roster. LeRib and Reiter are gone.  The question, in my mind, is whether Lichtensteiger is willing to take a pay cut to stay on the roster.  If he does then the team could let Stork and Lichtensteiger battle it out for starter.  Long either starts at LG or serves as the backup LG, C, and RG (the position he was originally groomed for).   But if Lichtensteiger somehow stays on the roster somebody else has to go.       

I'd be willing to be that Kyle would take him in a second down in Atlanta.  I can't remember who his LG is, but I know he has Chester at RG and Compton at RT.

20 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

If he retires, and thus never reports to the Redskins, who holds the contract if he decides to return later - the Reskins or the Patriots?

I would assume that if he retired, the trade would be voided and we would never lose the pick and the Pats would retain control over Stork. I assume they would put him on the reserve/retired list.  

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The Redskins since the Pats traded him to us for a draft pick.  Unless the Redskins release him, which would make him a FA, then he could go anywhere he wanted.  

he's under contract through 2017.  So we'd have his rights if he retired, through the life of the contract.  He'd also need to apply for re-instatment if he retires and wants to come back.

Just now, DC9 said:

he's under contract through 2017.  So we'd have his rights if he retired, through the life of the contract.  He'd also need to apply for re-instatment if he retires and wants to come back.

Like I said, the Redskins have his rights :)  I chose the direct, shorter answer.  

Just now, lovetoaster said:

I would assume that if he retired, the trade would be voided and we would never lose the pick and the Pats would retain control over Stork. I assume they would put him on the reserve/retired list.  

No, the trade isn't voided.

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Trades typically don't go through unless the player reports to the new team and passes a physical.  I'm not so sure.  I'm pretty sure NE won't be getting our draft pick.

Archived