Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Nope, and unfortunately it sounds like he's done from what I just read... Sounded good at first

I didn't click on it yet but the headline said "he" still wanted to play at least.  Tough to get up for the game when you're that big and getting up there.

1 hour ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Preach to Conn ... he has a history of taking cheap shots.

Any links to back that up, fella? Criticizing what you or anyone else posts is not a "cheap shot". If you fail to comprehend the rules that you agreed to when you signed up here, that's not on me. 

And don't look now, but lots more people than just little old me have been criticizing your posts. 

You can keep calling my posts whatever you like (personal attacks, stalking, and now cheap shots) but that only proves one thing: that in addition to having crazy ideas, not being able to spell the word "pontificate", and having thin skin...you also don't know what those words mean. Poor showing from you today.

8 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Since they converted over $1M of his salary to incentive-based (playing time incentives, to be more specific) it certainly implies that he's not the first option to be out on the field. 

or at least he is in a very precarious position as the season starter...

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Any links to back that up, fella? Criticizing what you or anyone else posts is not a "cheap shot". If you fail to comprehend the rules that you agreed to when you signed up here, that's not on me. 

And don't look now, but lots more people than just little old me have been criticizing your posts. 

You can keep calling my posts whatever you like (personal attacks, stalking, and now cheap shots) but that only proves one thing: that in addition to having crazy ideas, not being able to spell the word "pontificate", and having thin skin...you also don't know what those words mean. Poor showing from you today.

Lol wow go easy on the poor lad. :)

As much as everyone talks about how we have some tough decisions to make (certainly something I would've agreed with myself), the more I pour over it, I don't think there's a lot of tough decisions to make.  I did a conservative roster breakdown, and I had three guys on the 53 that I could've easily dismissed.  Those guys for me were Paulsen, Everett, and Reyes.  

I am interested to see what they do with Sudfeld.  I don't think it will tell us a lot if they try to put him on the practice squad.  I think it will say more about what our FO and coaches think of him if they keep him on the 53...if that makes any sense.  

I need an insomniac thread, damn it.  That's where I go to discuss all of my problems with myself. :)  

Ok, I'm trying to figure out a new spin on TK's old "Hi there :) ". 

What do you guys think? 

"Heeeeeeeeyy, what's going oooonnn? :D"

Or how about "sup, brahs <_<

Where should I go with this? Ahhhh, decisions decisions. 

For now, I'll just stick with this. Next post in here that doesn't have anything to do with the roster will bring an automatic suspension. We good?

And friggin smile a little bit, the Redskins have an awesome group of guys to root for, win or lose. People on edge lately like crazy. Love you all, kthxbyeshutup. 

7 hours ago, mossomo said:

Let's keep this about football. And not political digs.    

General instruction to everyone - yes let's.

While we are at it lets also drop the personal sniping and snarky comments aimed at other posters.

Actual real competitive football is about to start let's talk about that - feel free to disagree with each other but do it without calling each other idiots (or words to that effect) or dragging politics into it.

11 minutes ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Your original post critical of my suggestion to cut DHall ... a pure football opinion ... was vitriol ... merely because you did not agree with it ... and worse ... you did not agree that I had the right to express it as such.  The rules do not condone your oafish behavior.  Get over me ... stop stalking me ... and grow up.  

Both of you drop this back and forth. Now.

Feel free to disagree with each other on football matters but the next person in this thread - not just you two - who calls someone's behaviour stupid/oafish/etc will be getting a warning with whatever restrictions on posting behaviour comes with that. If you don't agree with someone's post or think their opinion is stupid please feel free to explain why that's the case, but do that without attacking the poster as an individual. We have a whole rule about this.

Well, I would like to see Paulson make it through final cuts, because I do think he could provide value as a Blocker (so underrated these days).  And I prefer to see Sudfeld stashed on the Practice Squad for further development.  And that #52 (I always forget his name) in my eyes earned himself a spot.

But then again, I don't know **** about personnel.  So I'll just trust the Coaches & do what I do best; holler at the tv on Gamedays.

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Both of you drop this back and forth. Now.

Feel free to disagree with each other on football matters but the next person in this thread - not just you two - who calls someone's behaviour stupid/oafish/etc will be getting a warning with whatever restrictions on posting behaviour comes with that. If you don't agree with someone's post or think their opinion is stupid please feel free to explain why that's the case, but do that without attacking the poster as an individual. We have a whole rule about this.

Apparently they hit "quote" without seeing my post (at least I'm hoping that's the case, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt).

Deleted the relevant posts instead, but this'll be the last warning, fellas. 

2 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Ok, I'm trying to figure out a new spin on TK's old "Hi there :) ". 

Hi there is perfect though you'll never top it.

At this point since it's not Vinny or Shanahan making defensive decisions, I'll just leave it up to the gym and coaches to decide. There have been plenty of players I was really high on during camp and couldn't believe we would let them go just to end up not signed by anyone else or signed and cut. I'm not really good at judging fringe talent it appears. Scot will have his fair share of misses, but he will hit on more players than any of our recent GMs, so I'll just wait for the 53 and go from there for the most part. 

The only position I'm really interested in is RB, I really hope someone out of the guys we keep takes the ball and runs with it securing the job without question. After yesterday, I probably would keep Mack but don't know who I would get rid of out of the RBs and maybe I was duped again by a mighty performance and I'd be wasting a roster spot. History says I'd be wasting a spot but we will see. I also hope we only keep 2 QBs. *Knock on Wood* I feel we can roll the dice there to free up a roster spot because Kirk limits the hits he takes by getting rid of the ball *Knock on Wood* so gambling on his durability I feel is a good gamble. Anything can happen and it only takes one hit, but those hits are taken less by Cousins than say if Robert was back there. 

19 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Hi there is perfect though you'll never top it.

You took me seriously?  :ols: 

Now I've been challenged, though. I can top it, damnit. I'm just going to post a gif as my signature moderating. Like all hell's breaking loose and I come in like: 

208.gif

Or maybe I show my frustration as to what is occurring like: 

257.gif

Or shall I show my hesitation in applying any penalties, the thought process I'm having that leaves me in utter dismay as to which mutually-beneficial-in-truth-yet-seemingly-opposing-force to choose from, justice or mercy? 

1588.gif

2 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

Well, I would like to see Paulson make it through final cuts, because I do think he could provide value as a Blocker (so underrated these days).  And I prefer to see Sudfeld stashed on the Practice Squad for further development.  And that #52 (I always forget his name) in my eyes earned himself a spot.

But then again, I don't know **** about personnel.  So I'll just trust the Coaches & do what I do best; holler at the tv on Gamedays.

I agree Paulson is decent at blocking, but Paul is OK and Davis has shown to be very good. I believe we don't have the luxury of keeping Paulson. Also, his 3 drops against Tampa will not help him, even if it was wet. I would rather keep 4RBs.

#52 is Terence Garvin and that guy is all over the field. I hope he makes the 53. I had him on my projected 53 - not that it helps him in any way what so ever!!  :)

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I agree Paulson is decent at blocking, but Paul is OK and Davis has shown to be very good. I believe we don't have the luxury of keeping Paulson. Also, his 3 drops against Tampa will not help him, even if it was wet. I would rather keep 4RBs.

I am not a Paulson fan anymore.  On the other hand, I would also love for them keep four RBs at least for now.  Jones has not impressed that often since he was drafted and Thompson is injury prone.  I don't care who wins the job.  I just want the Skins to have a serviceable to very productive running game.

Imagine what that could do for the offense...and the defense!!!

3 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

You took me seriously?  :ols: 

Now I've been challenged, though. I can top it, damnit. I'm just going to post a gif as my signature moderating. Like all hell's breaking loose and I come in like:

I think it would be coolest if you just set some Vanilla ice cream on their desk

Just now, carex said:

I don't see the Skins keeping four TE active on gameday so I'm not sure there'd be much point in keeping Paulson right now

While you're probably correct, we ran a ton of 3 TE heavy last year, before TEs started breaking into pieces left and right. 

I can absolutely see running a 4 TE set, with Reed wide and Paul in a FB set.

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

While you're probably correct, we ran a ton of 3 TE heavy last year, before TEs started breaking into pieces left and right. 

I can absolutely see running a 4 TE set, with Reed wide and Paul in a FB set.

I hope we don't see Paul as a FB.  He was annihilated in his limited action in preseason at FB.

I hope we keep Paulsen over Paul, but I think I'm a lone wolf on this one.  I think we need 2 true TE's on the roster (Paulsen and Davis) more than another receiver.

Archived