Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

37 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He was looking really good before the unfortunate heart thing.

Yeah, was a PS guy last year I think... or at least he was in camp with us.  Those are the dudes I feel bad for. Not the LeRibeus' who show up fat three years running and suck at their job.

13 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Drives me crazy when I see teams getting high picks in return for ****ty players... When's the last time we got anything besides a conditional 7th or some ****. 

Most teams only get one of those in a generation.

Chris Samuels and Lavar Arrington were our prizes.

Redskins are releasing WR Kendal Thompson. Plan is to bring him back to the practice squad, source says.

30 minutes ago, HtownRocks111 said:

Is it not possible when we signed Cullen Jenkins we didnt know about Pot Roast being released... now we are making way for him to return?  Id welcome him with open arms.  At the least, the very least, he will take up the space of 2 of those guys on our Dline....

I really don't understand the infatuation with Knighton. They could have tried to keep him and they didn't, quite noticeably. The patriots brought him and then released him, and they didn't really have to pay him much.

He is a really nice guy with a great nick name but his useful playing days are clearly over. I would much rather have Jenkins if we are going to bring in a veteran. Ideally though we would go more youth. I was honestly surprised we brought Jenkins in to begin with. Just a kick the times thing it appears.

Remember with Jenkins if he were on the roster week 1 his entire salary becomes guaranteed.  

After a a week or so of practice, it didn't make sense to do that. He can be brought back week to week. 

I know some of you were able to watch a veteran play against TB's UDFA's and come away with all the knowledge in the world between who is better amongst Reyes/Jenkins, but I'll trust the best GM in the game on this one. 

46 minutes ago, Darc Requiem said:

I feel like I'm in The Twilight Zone

Nah, something darker, like the "Night Gallery". :) 

What is it these teams see in Bradford that they keep throwing millions of dollars at him and give up multiple draft picks for him? :unsure:

45 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

It looks as if the D-Line will be......Baker, Hood, Reyes, Rick Jean, Golston, Lanier......

That is the worst D-Line I've ever seen....SM should be held accountable if he doesn't somehow add a starting caliber lineman prior to the season

We'll inform GMSM of your concerns.

Don't expect immediate action, though. :) 

I hate that Min/Phi trade. Am I right in thinking Chase Daniel may actually be better running that offense that he's already been in with Pederson? He gets paid pretty well too. Now they're rid of Bradford's contract and get those picks. It's a lot to give up, but could be a good deal for the Vikings too. Start Hill until Bradford is ready  Hill's a good backup, but I think his arm would wear down pretty quickly during the season. The window might be shutting for them with Adrian Peterson and they have other legit weapons on offense now. If I'm a Vikings fan, I'd be feeling a lot better about the season now. I hope it doesn't come back and bite us come playoff time with making the playoffs, seeding, etc.

A little surprised about Brown, but their were RBs all over the league not making rosters who had good preseasons. I think him, Harris, and Thorpe will definitely be 3 on the PS.

Honestly, I can understand why Minnesota gave up the 1st for Bradford.  Philly was not interested in moving him earlier on in the offseason so Minn had to make it a worthwhile deal for them...and they did.  But I also think Bradford can do really well in Minnesota.  He gets to play in a dome, AP running the ball, and a good and underrated receiving/TE corps with Treadwell, Diggs and Rudolph.  With the D they have they should definitely make the playoffs and perhaps make some noise while there also.  

On the bright side, Philly is going to suck even more now that they're gonna have Chase Daniel/Wentz at QB so their ORIGINAL 1st round pick will be that much higher lol.  

As for the Skins, I'm really disappointed to see Mack Brown being let go.  Oh well.  Although no one is perfect, in Scot I trust...

8 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Nah, something darker, like the "Night Gallery". :) 

What is it these teams see in Bradford that they keep throwing millions of dollars at him and give up multiple draft picks for him? :unsure:

We'll inform GMSM of your concerns.

Don't expect immediate action, though. :) 

Are you happy with this D-Line?    

1 minute ago, Area51 said:

Honestly, I can understand why Minnesota gave up the 1st for Bradford.  Philly was not interested in moving him earlier on in the offseason so Minn had to make it a worthwhile deal for them...and they did.  But I also think Bradford can do really well in Minnesota.  He gets to play in a dome, AP running the ball, and a good and underrated receiving/TE corps with Treadwell, Diggs and Rudolph.  With the D they have they should definitely make the playoffs and perhaps make some noise while there also.  

well, the Rams were terrible, and the Eagles were coached by an idiot who didn't know how to use his players, so this could be the best situation he's been in

1 minute ago, carex said:

well, the Rams were terrible, and the Eagles were coached by an idiot who didn't know how to use his players, so this could be the best situation he's been in

And I think it will be.  Zimmer has proven to be a really good head coach (albeit small sample size) and their FO/scouting department seems to be pretty good, outside of drafting Christian Ponder in the 1st, which I still find baffling.  

7 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Are you happy with this D-Line?    

I'm not unhappy with it.

You simply aren't going to have pro bowlers at every position.

I bet many fans don't remember who our starting defensive line was in 1991 when the Redskins won the Super Bowl without having to go look it up (outside of Mann, anyway).

What is it about them that concerns you? (and I would like specifics if you please, not just "They suck!"). :) 

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

I'm not unhappy with it.

I bet many fans don't remember who our starting defensive line was in 1991 when the Redskins won the Super Bowl without having to go look it up (outside of Mann, anyway).

What is it about them that concerns you? (and I would like specifics if you please, not just "They suck!"). :) 

We had Eric Williams, Tim Johnson and Markus Koch, until he got hurt then was replaced by Fred Stokes.  I think after that we signed Jason Buck.  Backups were Jumpy Geathers and Bobby Wilson.  I don't remember if we kept Darryl Grant around that year or if he was cut in camp

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

I'm not unhappy with it.

without looking it up... jason buck de, tim johnson dt, eric williams dt and mann???

Archived