Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

39 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

"Good not great."

I laughed. 

ES apparently has people capable of determining the NFL career of someone after taking every snap and giving up (I think?) two sacks. 

He could have given up none. And he doesn't play DL either...

ESers are weird sometimes... They spend their times complaining about penalties given up by the teams, still two fan favorite players Trent Williams and Jordan Reed are the amongst the most penalized players on the team.

So they can complain about Scherff giving up two sacks...

3 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Secondary wont matter unless the fat boys perform in the trenches... A sub par Dline will make the back end look very mediocre if you can't get the QB with pressures 

With the Redskins, pass rush pressure will come more from the LBs than the Dline (with the sole exception of Chris Baker).  At first blush, the Dline didn't get much of an upgrade, but the rookie Lanier looks to be an intriguing prospect.  The Skins now appear to have one of the best secondaries in the NFL--particularly at corner.  For the defense to be substantially better than the 2015 version, it needs to stop the run better.  Hopefully, the addition of Reyes and Hood will help.

1 minute ago, checmate21 said:

then you would carry 4 rb's?..or cut Kelley

1 minute ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Maybe because they like Buck Allen and Kenneth Dixon?    I know Dixon is out a few weeks

There are a ton of starting RBs available right now.  We're in one of those transition periods right now. 

Relax.  Scot knows what he's doing.

Our last 3 draft picks were at positions where we're not very deep and none of them made the team, not sure how I feel about that.

I'm throwing the Sudfield pick out the window because he won't see the field for a couple years if at all.

We basically got 3 players out of the draft.

7 minutes ago, HanburgerBum said:

With the Redskins, pass rush pressure will come more from the LBs than the Dline (with the sole exception of Chris Baker).  At first blush, the Dline didn't get much of an upgrade, but the rookie Lanier looks to be an intriguing prospect.  The Skins now appear to have one of the best secondaries in the NFL--particularly at corner.  For the defense to be substantially better than the 2015 version, it needs to stop the run better.  Hopefully, the addition of Reyes and Hood will help.

I don't know how good the run 'D' will be, but I think it will be better than last season simply because of the much-improved secondary.

This means the LBs won't have to sit back and help with coverage like they had to in 2015 when the secondary was inferior, depleted, and battered.

They will be able to be more aggressive at the LoS than last year. In theory. :) 

We'll see how it works out.

4 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Who's available besides Forsett and maybe Sankey?

Ridley, Forsett, Sankey, Hillman...Andre Williams was cut too.

I would give the Wehger kid from Carolina a ring.  He runs his ass off.

Whoa... why was Terrance Brooks cut?

1 minute ago, jschuck12001 said:

Our last 3 draft picks were at positions where we're not very deep and none of them made the team, not sure how I feel about that.

I'm throwing the Sudfield pick out the window because he won't see the field for a couple years if at all.

just say last two then.  And both got hurt

My goodness, some of you are insufferable pessimists.:chair:

I'll post this for the ONE-HUNDREDTH TIME (yes, I've been counting).  I said this the day that Scot was hired: He needed THREE years to make us competitive.  It's been 2.  He's done a great job of turning over the roster and getting guys to buy in to the system and direction.  The team is trending up.  They are NOT there yet and he still has work to do.

All GM's aren't perfect.  Including Scot.  All GM's will hit on some players and will miss on some players.  He'll never bat .1000 and neither will any GM.  You cannot possibly think that every position would be stacked and that we'd not have any weaknesses.  Every team has weaknesses.  EVERY TEAM!

What exactly were you guys expecting in year 2?  He took a team that won SEVEN games in TWO years total and had them winning 9 games and a division title.  There are no more bloated contracts, no more players whining to the owner, no more locker room leaks and no more players coming here to "get paid."  WTF more do you guys want?  The players play hard every play, they've bought in to the competition at every position.  They play hard, they play tough and they play to the whistle, win or lose.

Jeezus Crimony Christmas.  Some of you would complain that he put smudgy fingerprints on the Lombardi and should be fired for that when we win the SB. 

No, he's not perfect.  Yes, he's made mistakes.  The key is, he's made more good moves then bad moves.  Give the guy a break and let him continue to build this team.  If I've said it once, I'll say it again.  Some of you need to go see a doctor for this Vinnyitis.

And before you say it, yes, you have a right to be concerned about certain decisions he's made, but take a step back for once and assess the overall before chastising the guy.

4 hours ago, lavar1156 said:

A little surprised we only kept 6 D-Lineman. Also Paulsen will def be picked up by someone. Bates is a mild surprise to make it. He didn't seem to show as much this pre-season.

Not sure why only 6 Dlinemen is a surprise.  The Skins play the basic 3-4.  That means there is a sub for every starter.  In passing situations, the pressure typically comes from LBs.  In fact, I would be surprised if the team carried more than 6 Dlinemen--especially since there isn't a whole lot of talent at that position.

On the other hand, the Skins are very deep in the secondary. It would be a shame to lose any of the 11 DBs--especially since some are special teams studs.  Moreover, the safeties have some age on them.  So, next season some of the backup corners could be converted to safeties. 

As to Sudfeld, it would make no sense to expose him to waivers if the Skins feel good about his long-term potential.

Archived