Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

9 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

that makes sense....so they have to pay that player NFL min.?

I liked Harris.

I'm not exactly sure how that works.  I know PS money is different.  We were paying Tom Compton over the minimum a few years ago to stay on our PS when another team tried to sign him away.  But they actually sign another contract once they join the team (53) from the PS.  I do know that.

Most PS players make like 60-80k or thereabouts.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/9/5/9168523/nfl-practice-squad-players-eligibility-salary

From SB Nation on practice squads

Can practice squad players change teams?

A practice squad player can sign to another team's active roster at any point, but can't leave for another practice squad unless they're released.

The only time practice squad players can't be signed to an active roster is when a team's next opponent is trying to get information from them. Practice squad players are prohibited from signing with the next opposing team on the schedule less than five days before the game, or nine days during a bye week. If a practice squad player is signed to an active roster, they will receive a minimum of three paychecks, even if they're released earlier.

How much money do practice squad players make?

Practice squad players earn paychecks on a weekly basis. They may not be getting the same huge paychecks as players on the 53-man roster, but they aren't exactly earning minimum wage, either.

For the 2015 season, practice squad players can make no less than $6,600 per week. While the minimum salary for a rookie in 2015 is $435,000, a full season on the practice squad would earn a player more than $100,000 for the year. Alternatively, without being contractually obligated, players are released with no financial penalty.

For the 2015 season, practice squad players can make no less than $6,600 per week. While the minimum salary for a rookie in 2015 is $435,000, a full season on the practice squad would earn a player more than $100,000 for the year. Alternatively, without being contractually obligated, players are released with no financial penalty.

Can practice squad players change teams?

A practice squad player can sign to another team's active roster at any point, but can't leave for another practice squad unless they're released.

The only time practice squad players can't be signed to an active roster is when a team's next opponent is trying to get information from them. Practice squad players are prohibited from signing with the next opposing team on the schedule less than five days before the game, or nine days during a bye week. If a practice squad player is signed to an active roster, they will receive a minimum of three paychecks, even if they're released earlier.

from what I can see we have not claimed anyone off waivers or at least its not being reported.

Neil Dalal Retweeted TEAMTRAIL

Trail is back with the #Redskins on the practice squad

Neil Dalal added,

TEAMTRAIL
7⃣ @LyndenTrail7
Sometimes it's not about the money sometimes it's about family this is Home #HTTR

6 minutes ago, HapHaszard said:

f7⃣ @LyndenTrail7

Sometimes it's not about the money sometimes it's about family this is Home #HTTR

And I love he had other offers but chose us.  Dude has the body, hopefully he puts in the work so that he can impact the game for us.

4 minutes ago, HapHaszard said:
Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes
#Redskins weren't awarded any waiver claims, per source. Didn't have a player claimed that was waived either.

Not even Mack Brown, doe?

I will say this... that Jeff Driskel was claimed, I think there is a chance Sudfeld could've been picked up.

But dudes like Aaron Murray went unclaimed.

20 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

did Bates make the 53?

Yes. It makes sense if you think about it.

First Gallette got hurt, Murphy became the primary backup at OLB, and a space opened up at that position. 

Also Bates played 10 games last year, and he seemed to make a lot of special teams tackles in the process. I'll bet Kotwica likes him. 

From NFL Trade Rumors

Giants

1. S Andrew Adams (Ralph Vacchiano) – Expected
  2. LB Ishaq Williams (Ralph Vacchiano) – Expected
  3. WR Darius Powe (Ralph Vacchiano) – Expected
  4. CB Donte Deayon (Ralph Vacchiano) – Expected
  5. CB Michael Hunter (Ralph Vacchiano) – Expected

Redskins

1. OT Isaiah Williams (Master Tesfatsion)
  2. WR Maurice Harris (John Keim)

Nice to see Thompson and Brown sticking around. They earned it in preseason, and we may have to call on them at some point. 

I'm wondering about Ioannidis, hard to believe we would give up on a 5th round pick so soon. 

Thorpe is a guy I would like to see stay too, although we probably have enough WRs. 

Archived